Dale at Wembley

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

Brilliant penalties from both sides, good save with his legs Tommy Lee, left Rochdale to score to win and Muir (I think) did so with a fantastic penatly.

Well Played Dale!!

if it was a stockport vs rochdale final

1) who would you want to win and

2) who do you think would win

I would go for

1) Rochdale, would love to play them in the league, proper derby!!!

but

2) think stockport have a stronger team and think they will do it comfortably

I know some Irish fans of the Mighty Dale, who anticipated this enough to book early their flights for the Wembley Final, as they knew that the flight prices would soar if Leeds qualified. They'll have been boozing since 6.00am in Dublin :drinking45: and it's going to be a long session in the Church Inn at Spotland from now onwards. :dance:

Well done Dale in this cetenary season! :applause1:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

if it was a stockport vs rochdale final

1) who would you want to win and

2) who do you think would win

I would go for

1) Rochdale, would love to play them in the league, proper derby!!!

but

2) think stockport have a stronger team and think they will do it comfortably

Stockport ............. always looked down at Dale being the poor relation, couldn't bare it to change and would mean me finally having to come to terms that Latics aren't a top league club anymore.

P.S I'm form Rochdale :grin:

Im suprised that ref didnt get whacked when everyone ran on the pitch. worst ref i've ever seen. How many decisions did he get wrong?? all in favour of Darlo as well.

Crap game but job done. Up against it as well. Dale bossed the 2nd half apart from darlo hitting the bar - same with the extra time till perk's got sent off, then it was always a case of consolidate. Hopefully Perk's will have his red overturned as he wasnt the culprit. there lad went in two footed and perk's reacted. Perks did nothing all game but for one moment of magic. Funny how the ref missed blatant dale throws and free kicks.

Totally different side defensively to last week. Stanton was a monster at the back. If Dale dont go up, I wouldnt mind seeing him at Latics. Scares the life out of forwards.

Why do fulham want to pay £500,000 for Stockdale. Dodgiest keeper in the football league.

penalties had me worried. darlo's first four were quality. dales hit and miss. keeper was close to a few.

I ran on the pitch and literally everyone was just walking/running around in a state of shock. still cant believe it.

Im going to get right royally pissed tonight. I know i'm not a dale fan (well not a core one), but i've lived here all my life. Been going for years on occasions and in the late 90's went more than I did Latics (at a guess). Home and away. This makes up for the dissapointment that was Plymouth and the dissapointment that was Rushden. Going to Halifax, Macclesfield, York and places like that - getting pissed on, on cold tuesday nights. Blackpool comes to mind. Next week no matter the result. It'll be a day for each daley who's attended games on freezing cold tuesday night against rubbish opposition when dale have been spanked 3/4-0 in those very bleak and dark days.

I could not be prouder to be called a Rochdalian at the moment. Probably the first time in my life I wont actually mind saying it loud and proud. I've said for years that the passion I get at dale doesnt come close to that I get at Latics. Today - it eclipsed pretty much 95% of it.

One of the best footballing days of my life and those scenes at the end of the game will live with me for the rest of my life. I seriously cant remember the last time I felt like crying at a football match (luckily I held back and didnt look a tw*t on the tele). I could go and watch dale on and off for the next 50 years and i'll probably never witness those scenes again.

I think i'll be in shock until i'm actually at wembley and it hit's me that the dale really are there.

UP THE F**KIN DALE!!

P.S - I GOT MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT.

IT'S OUR CENTENARY - WE'RE GOIN TO WEM-BER-LEY!!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Hopefully Perk's will have his red overturned as he wasnt the culprit. there lad went in two footed and perk's reacted. Perks did nothing all game but for one moment of magic. Funny how the ref missed blatant dale throws and free kicks.

Perkins' tackle didn't make contact with Ravenhill but that was more luck than judgment. He went in studs up and it was reckless, if he had made contact it could have been a broken foot. Then his reaction was completely OTT, petulant and unnecessary. Passions run high but he just lost control of himself. He may get it rescinded as there was no contact (not that RR made out there had been), but it was a daft thing to do and I don't have any sympathy. He was bobbins anyway.

Darlo were the better side no doubt, they faded until Dale got their aggregate leveller but looked dangerous going forward and should have won it in extra time. On that defensive performance, Dale would struggle with any side that plays the ball to the feet of the front men, they were being pulled all over the place. Darlo will rightly feel aggrieved not to be going through, and I expect the winner will come from the other semi final.

Edited by jsslatic

Perkins' tackle didn't make contact with Ravenhill but that was more luck than judgment. He went in studs up and it was reckless, if he had made contact it could have been a broken foot. Then his reaction was completely OTT, petulant and unnecessary. Passions run high but he just lost control of himself. He may get it rescinded as there was no contact (not that RR made out there had been), but it was a daft thing to do and I don't have any sympathy. He was bobbins anyway.

Darlo were the better side no doubt, they faded until Dale got their aggregate leveller but looked dangerous going forward and should have won it in extra time. On that defensive performance, Dale would struggle with any side that plays the ball to the feet of the front men, they were being pulled all over the place. Darlo will rightly feel aggrieved not to be going through, and I expect the winner will come from the other semi final.

Give them a bit of credit they deserved it in the end plus Darlos penalty was never a penalty. The ref was biased against Dale for the most part.