Dale at Wembley

Finally someone who agrees. I would not say to someone that am from Lancashire am more likely to say am from Greater Manchester or Manchester just my view.

Cheers. Wasn't expecting another enlightened view. The Lancs lobby are woefully out of date. I'm sure some of them think we're still ruled by Dane Law. Fact is, apart from the postal address (a result of a beligerant postal service), we've belonged to the Manchester conurbation for a long time. Like you, I'm happy to be a part of it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers. Wasn't expecting another enlightened view. The Lancs lobby are woefully out of date. I'm sure some of them think we're still ruled by Dane Law. Fact is, apart from the postal address (a result of a beligerant postal service), we've belonged to the Manchester conurbation for a long time. Like you, I'm happy to be a part of it.

Q: Where are you from?

Oldhamer: The Manchester conurbation.

Q: You mean Manchester?

Oldhamer: No, the Manchester conurbation.

Q: Where's that?

Oldhamer: It's the geographical area comprising the various boroughs which are not in Manchester that look after their own local government affairs.

Q: Which part of the Manchester conurbation are you from?

Oldhamer: The part that is situated about seven miles to the north of Manchester.

Q: Tameside?

Oldhamer: No.

Q: Rochdale?

Q: FFS give us a clue!

Oldhamer: It's best known for its riots.

Q: I understand why you didn't want to say where you came from!

Q: No, still not sure

Oldhamer: You may know it best for the demise of Tommyfield Market

Q: Why didn't you say so in the first place!

:D

Edited by oafc_ok

That Doolan looked twice the player Greegan is :grin:

He's garbage. Only time he'll come on is if they're 3-0 up at wembley. Had no choice on saturday. There's no way he would start a game though :lol: Wouldnt of put it past him having to put his pie and pea's down and leave half of it before he came on.

7,500 tickets were sold within 12 hours for dale. It's now around the 10,000 mark with 46 coaches going. Still not got my tickets yet.

Q: Where are you from?

Oldhamer: The Manchester conurbation.

Q: You mean Manchester?

Oldhamer: No, the Manchester conurbation.

Q: Where's that?

Oldhamer: It's the geographical area comprising the various boroughs which are not in Manchester that look after their own local government affairs.

Q: Which part of the Manchester conurbation are you from?

Oldhamer: The part that is situated about seven miles to the north of Manchester.

Q: Tameside?

Q: Rochdale?

Q: I understand why you didn't want to say where you came from!

You see Diego you've made an assumption that the 'questioner' actually has a grasp of English Geography (something I think is lacking these days especially amongst those under 30). I was once asked what part of Manchester I'm from and when i said 'Rochdale' the person didn't have clue where that was and she was from Wigan, (but she was bright enough to be doing psycology at a red-brick uni). I always say I'm from Manchester when asked by people in the North-east I don't say I'm from Lancashire as where people assume that is more Preston-Burnley way, you can always go into specifics later and as demonstrated above people don't necessarily know where the likes of Rochdale, Oldham are. I'm a proud Mancunian (apart from when foreigners assume you support Manchester United) and a proud Lancastrian.

Getting back to the original post if I had been to the new Wemberly before I might have gone to watch the Dale but since I've not I'd rather wait and go when Latics get there. Plus England happen to be playing the fourth day of the 2nd test at Old Trafford which i think i might go to instead.

I was once asked what part of Manchester I'm from and when i said 'Rochdale' the person didn't have clue where that was...

It's no surprise that she didn't know, because Rochdale isn't in Manchester! Manchester comprises 30 townships or suburbs:

Ancoats Collyhurst Moss Side

Ardwick Crumpsall Moston

Beswick Didsbury Newton Heath

Blackley Fallowfield Northenden

Bradford Gorton Openshaw

Burnage Harpurhey Rusholme

Cheetham Hulme Victoria Park

Chorlton-cum-Hardy Levenshulme Whalley Range

Chorlton on Medlock Longsight Withington & Ladybarn

Clayton Miles Platting Wythenshawe.

Instead of misleading people by saying "Manchester", you should say "Rochdale, near Oldham and birthplace of the Co-operative movement, Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield, Bill Oddie and Anna Friel". The more people you tell, the more people you will educate and impress!

Instead of misleading people by saying "Manchester", you should say "Rochdale, near Oldham and birthplace of the Co-operative movement, Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield, Bill Oddie and Anna Friel". The more people you tell, the more people you will educate and impress!

And the site of the world's second widest bridge. I needs something going for it with having also produced the likes of me, Mark and Rocky.

As chance would have it, I asked a bird in work where she was from yesterday. "Lancashire," was her first answer, before I pointed out that I had already figured that much out. A patriot after my own heart :wub:

I tend to say:

"Rochdale, near Oldham; birthplace of the Co-operative movement, Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield and Anna Friel".

so I'm surprised anyone in Durham would not know by now.

(I drop the Bill Oddie as I find it does no-one any favours)

Although to be fair, most still don't know where Rochdale or Oldham are, and think I come from somewhere in Medway. Either that or ask if I know The Rochdale Cowboy? I even things up by refusing to learn any of the local areas up here though. Durham? Is that in North Carolina?

I tend to say:

"Rochdale, near Oldham; birthplace of the Co-operative movement, Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield and Anna Friel".

so I'm surprised anyone in Durham would not know by now.

(I drop the Bill Oddie as I find it does no-one any favours)

Although to be fair, most still don't know where Rochdale or Oldham are, and think I come from somewhere in Medway. Either that or ask if I know The Rochdale Cowboy? I even things up by refusing to learn any of the local areas up here though. Durham? Is that in North Carolina?

:grin: I hear they have a university there too begins with a D i think. Oh and Diego I'd think you'd get on with some of the people up here who still don't recognise the former county of Cleveland and insist it was either Yorkshire or Durham depending on which side of the River Tees you are. Less people under 30 know about the various counites and what they originally were than know about the location of the likes of Rochdale and Oldham.

And the site of the world's second widest bridge. I needs something going for it with having also produced the likes of me, Mark and Rocky.

As chance would have it, I asked a bird in work where she was from yesterday. "Lancashire," was her first answer, before I pointed out that I had already figured that much out. A patriot after my own heart :wub:

Second largest . when did this happen??????

Kids and their geography ... proud to tell people I'm from Rochdale until they say "thats in yorkshire isn't it" :angry:

doesnt every club has it's fans who think the players are world beaters. I certainly know Latics do.

As for who could walk into our team, or at least walk onto the bench.

Tommy Lee - Hard to believe he's Macclesfield's number 3. One of the best shot stoppers i've seen in recent seasons. Decent kicking as well, especially under pressure

Stanton - A younger version of the Gregan mould

Rundle - Tricky left winger with an actual left foot, runs at defenders and beats his man time and again

Perkins - On his day the best midfielder in League 2.

Dagnall - Scored for fun despite being injured for 6 months of the season

Lee-seems your average league 2 keeper TBH, having said that not seen as much of him as the others

Stanton-pace and a fat arse, decent tackler, but to say he is much more than bench warmer is pushing it.

Rundle- Average league 2 winger

Perkins- Nasty piece of work, remember when they played Morecambe, can be quality made one noticable run. Before that hadn't noticed he was on the pitch. (cue size jokes :wink: )

Dagnall-Not seen enough of him Tbh. But yeah would take a look at him judging by his goals.

My mate told me this is the same team bar a few as Parkin had. The same players that were previously fighting relegation. I think if we wanted anyone it would be Hill-he has certainly got the best out of the players.

Slightly off Topic but this is funny ...

We all know about famous modern managers refusing to speak to television stations because of perceived wrongs in their coverage - but what about Stockport boss Jim Gannon? He, reportedly, is not cooperating with Sky before the club's play-off League Two play-off final against Rochdale because of a nine-month customer relations dispute over his defective Sky box. (Daily Mail) :grin:

doesnt every club has it's fans who think the players are world beaters. I certainly know Latics do.

As for who could walk into our team, or at least walk onto the bench.

Tommy Lee - Hard to believe he's Macclesfield's number 3. One of the best shot stoppers i've seen in recent seasons. Decent kicking as well, especially under pressure

Stanton - A younger version of the Gregan mould

Rundle - Tricky left winger with an actual left foot, runs at defenders and beats his man time and again

Perkins - On his day the best midfielder in League 2.

Dagnall - Scored for fun despite being injured for 6 months of the season

Absolute rubbish - league 2 tosh... I think i have watched every play-off match this season, and both the championship games and League 1 games have been quality, great football, good players and really exciting....

Then we get to league 2 - what a pile of steaming poo... was really looking forward to seeing the attacking exciting play of Rochdale and Stockport, and what is the result -dire, pitiful football, bereft of any quality. The only decent half was rochdale away at hartlepool in the second - but even that was mre because Hartlepool are bloody awful....

From what i have seen there is a massive difference between the playoff teams in league 2 and league 1 - of which i consider us to be easily as good as... Peterboro andMK Dons are different gravy, but all the rest of the teams in that division look like cannon fodder to any decent leage 1 team... Rochdale included. I wouldnt take a single one of thier players... they will all get ripped to pieces by a league 1 side.... very rare you see a jump from League 2 to league 1 in players... because most of the league 2 lads are just glorified conference players.... look at Butcher - he was allegedly the best midfielder in league 2... brilliant...

The only one where the jury is out is Dagnall - could be decent, but would you take him agead of Hughes and Davies - nah, didnt think so.... however, if we are looking at strikers - i'd take that Davidson at stockport any day... only decent player i've seen on any of the sides in the league 2 playoffs... big, strong and quick... heard he has scored 3 times against dale already this season, from what i have seen, wouldnt be surprised if he doubles that at wembley...

... however, sayingt that, dale would prob beat us twice next season, cup final and 'all that... however, sure we would put 20 points minimum on that shambles...

Slightly off Topic but this is funny ...

We all know about famous modern managers refusing to speak to television stations because of perceived wrongs in their coverage - but what about Stockport boss Jim Gannon? He, reportedly, is not cooperating with Sky before the club's play-off League Two play-off final against Rochdale because of a nine-month customer relations dispute over his defective Sky box. (Daily Mail) :grin:

That's brilliant - well done Jim! Could Taggart's dispute with the BBC be about being detected without a TV licence? :grin:

Absolute rubbish - league 2 tosh... I think i have watched every play-off match this season, and both the championship games and League 1 games have been quality, great football, good players and really exciting....

Then we get to league 2 - what a pile of steaming poo... was really looking forward to seeing the attacking exciting play of Rochdale and Stockport, and what is the result -dire, pitiful football, bereft of any quality. The only decent half was rochdale away at hartlepool in the second - but even that was mre because Hartlepool are bloody awful....

From what i have seen there is a massive difference between the playoff teams in league 2 and league 1 - of which i consider us to be easily as good as... Peterboro andMK Dons are different gravy, but all the rest of the teams in that division look like cannon fodder to any decent leage 1 team... Rochdale included. I wouldnt take a single one of thier players... they will all get ripped to pieces by a league 1 side.... very rare you see a jump from League 2 to league 1 in players... because most of the league 2 lads are just glorified conference players.... look at Butcher - he was allegedly the best midfielder in league 2... brilliant...

The only one where the jury is out is Dagnall - could be decent, but would you take him agead of Hughes and Davies - nah, didnt think so.... however, if we are looking at strikers - i'd take that Davidson at stockport any day... only decent player i've seen on any of the sides in the league 2 playoffs... big, strong and quick... heard he has scored 3 times against dale already this season, from what i have seen, wouldnt be surprised if he doubles that at wembley...

... however, sayingt that, dale would prob beat us twice next season, cup final and 'all that... however, sure we would put 20 points minimum on that shambles...

Tend to agree (won't say wowzers - great phrase though). Also agree about that centreforward for Stockport - the only one for me who showed raw potential. Could he make the step up? I'd say yes under the right coach. As for the rest - very mediocre.

Tend to agree (won't say wowzers - great phrase though). Also agree about that centreforward for Stockport - the only one for me who showed raw potential. Could he make the step up? I'd say yes under the right coach. As for the rest - very mediocre.

:lol:

Davidson reminds me a lot of Davies, as you say, raw and quick but needs coaching.... Davidson looks a bit bigger than Kez though, and think he would make it at a higher level, but davies is a couple of years ahead of him on development though... cant see him being at Stockport next year whether they go up or not... someone will take a gamble on him...

... as for the entire rochdale side, they will all still be there next year... unless Rochdale release them as they are even too crap for them... If dale do go up, can see em being very similar to Brizzle rovers.... similar stories last season... will have a great start, but then get found out.... Rovers got batterered for the last 15 games of the season when the bubble burst, dale better hope they have a start like they did if they come up... like Brizzle they will struggle to attract players, and methinks they will be fighting the likes of Brizzle next season for the 5th from bottom spot...

... however, as I say... like brizzle they will probably skank us twice next season...

Wowzers... :wink:

when the tickets went on sale you had to buy them through Ticketmaster and you had until Tuesday night to do so. This then changed to Thursday night. Now they're selling them at Wembley on the day!

Would have been nice if they'd told us all that before shafting us for inflated service charges and postage fees.

when the tickets went on sale you had to buy them through Ticketmaster and you had until Tuesday night to do so. This then changed to Thursday night. Now they're selling them at Wembley on the day!

Would have been nice if they'd told us all that before shafting us for inflated service charges and postage fees.

Maybe they did tell the dale fans!?! Why would they want to tell latics fans about another teams tickets... Stu Vose hang your head in shame how dare the O/S not keep us so informed about our very near neighbours.. Im even supprised their wasnt a guide to mosow on our o/s :grin:

Maybe they did tell the dale fans!?! Why would they want to tell latics fans about another teams tickets... Stu Vose hang your head in shame how dare the O/S not keep us so informed about our very near neighbours.. Im even supprised their wasnt a guide to mosow on our o/s :grin:

you carry on like that young man and you'll be looking like your namesake

**grass** This the same Stu Vose who was running around Spotland's pitch after the darlo 2nd leg celebrating :lol::wink::grin: