Rochdale Poll!

Rochdale Lovers  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on the big Rochdale lovefest rearing its ugly head!?!

• Im Oldham thru & thru and because of the local rivalry i hope they dont get promoted! C'Mon County
    • I support both Oldham & Rochdale and will follow who is doing the best... so c'mon Rochdale
    • I genuinley do want them to come up for the derby and not because i secretly support them!
    • Couldnt care both local whoever does it does it and it wont bother me one ounce
    • I am from Rochdale chose to support Oldham at a young age due to the glory, now Rochdale have a chance of being promoted im thinking of switching my allegiance back to the team i really love!
    • I want Stockport to win because i actually like them!

I was thinking more of Scott than yourself, given what he was saying months ago.

Pfft. I blame the parents. How dare they take people to Latics as a nipper. :lol::lol: Like you say though Tommy. It's win win for me as well. Dale have overachieved this season - most are just happy with the day out and enough money made to keep the same side and build on it. I like Stockport away so its not the biggest dissapointment in the world. Wycombe would have been a different story.

Does seem to be a reoccuring theme with the free tickets. Make's you wonder how many fans of other teams come Latics because they got them as a youngster.

yeah Scott has been more times than me over the last 2 years, but I've been freinds with County fans for ages since about 1998, they were the people you could actually talk football with at school

I have to say I started supporting rochdale in this quest, but all this stupid hullabaloo from Latics fans has really :censored: me off... to the point now where I think Rochdale ever coming in this division would be terrible for this club...

Have no problem with the pseudo-rochdale fans reasoning for going - but I cant help that it :censored: me off right royally, and I just dont get it... I would rather now they get stuffed 8-0 so they all come running back to Oldham and we can start laughing at little rochdale again...

Slightly harsh - buts its the way I feel! Stockport all the way for me now... just as much as a derby in my eyes....

I have to say I started supporting rochdale in this quest, but all this stupid hullabaloo from Latics fans has really :censored: me off... to the point now where I think Rochdale ever coming in this division would be terrible for this club...

Have no problem with the pseudo-rochdale fans reasoning for going - but I cant help that it :censored: me off right royally, and I just dont get it... I would rather now they get stuffed 8-0 so they all come running back to Oldham and we can start laughing at little rochdale again...

Slightly harsh - buts its the way I feel! Stockport all the way for me now... just as much as a derby in my eyes....

Rochdale getting promoted ain't going to affect our attendances as we are a better side than them that will be proved if they go up. I have no problem with people who have sympathies to other teams nor do I have problems with people who adopt us as a second team. I would rather see another 2000 on the gate if it were made up of United/City fans aslong as they came to support us I'm sure TTA would feel the same.

The one reason i wouldnt want dale to come up is because (sad fact but true) it would have a direct impact on our attendance, and if they come up and we play them theyre not exactly going to bring as many fans as say Huddersfield would! Can you imagine if say we were at home to Cheltenham, and say Leeds stay down and are at Rochdale a lot of our so called fans would be at spotland because they have a soft spot for them! Our catchment area is full enough of local team without some of our Loyal fans from Rochdale now jumping ship! The amount of people on here and around town who are latics fans (alledgedly) and are planning a Wembley trip to see Dale or went to see them in the semis is disgusting, its ok wanting a team to come up for the BIG derby but bloody buying tickets to see them at wembley - if you really wanna see wembley there are some international friendlys in the not so distant future! I believe if Dale did come up alot of peoples so called allegiances will change they will be at latics one week as if theyre number one fan and at dale the week after acting the same there!! Man Ure are our close rivals as are City, Bolton, Blackburn, stockport etc etc etc if any of them get to wembley or moscow i dont see people openly planning their trips!! Think the mods of this site should set up a new message forum for all chat Rochdale coz theyres a lot of it for some people who say they only want them to do well for a local rivalry!! Stockport are not to far either who went to their semis or is planning to go to wembley for them... point is split loyalties.. :rant.sml:

H

From the start this pole is bias in its options and I have frankly had enough of all this Latics supporting Dale bashing. Yep many went along to watch the play-off (WE HAD FINISHED OUR SEASONas many have friends who they wanted to support more than the actual Dale team or simply people like going to watch live football whoever it is.

I didn't come up for one home game near the end of the season and found out Dale were playing at the Daggers down the road so I went along as Sat afternoons are always for sports. I was in the Daggers end as wasn't that bothered for ever team ....

Not sure having the option that us Dale boys support Latics as we are glory hunters is just commical or simply rude .

I'm very proud of my home town and quite frankly it was the best decision my parents made bringing me up there and not in oldham...

To answer some of your points:

No impact on attendance what so ever as never will be at home the same weekend. May have a little impact on away followings but really doubt it and anyhow your talking a maybe a few dozen who would attend matches on a regular basis at Spotland and I suspect they have been doing this for years. Its only come to light now since Dale have been doing so well and we are discussing it.

disgusted that many 'so called' Latics went to what them in the semi's - going to the final .... think about this

I think what you need to be asking is without a large percentage of loyal Latics supporters from Rochdale were would the club be now???

Because it sure seems by your intial post that you have concern that crowds will drop next year, which mean you have realised that the local Oldham public don't seem to back their own town's team very well. Us Dale lads (you are quite happy to have a pop at and alienate) show a far greater loality to Latics that a lot of people of Oldham who walk around in the town centre in their premiership shirts.

P.S as much as I'd prefer Dale to win ..... I'd still prefer them to fail at the last hurdle so I can carry on laughing at them.

Cant believe there is such a fuss about this. I went to Dale when latics were away late on this season. I suppose I was jumping on the bandwagon, but so what. Latics were away and I couldn't go as I work sat mornings so I went to Dale and was impressed. They played decent football and the Bar in the ground is the best I've ever seen in a football ground.

The only reason I wont be at wembley tomorrow is because of money, if it'd have been latics I would've found the money somehow. I really hope Dale win tomorrow, they are a local team and I have no reason to dislike them. The only reason I can see for people not wanting them to do well is that they may actually beat us next season.

I think what you need to be asking is without a large percentage of loyal Latics supporters from Rochdale were would the club be now???

..... you have realised that the local Oldham public don't seem to back their own town's team very well. Us Dale lads (you are quite happy to have a pop at and alienate) show a far greater loality to Latics that a lot of people of Oldham who walk around in the town centre in their premiership shirts.

Not just Dale lads (and lassies) Mark. What about all those reds (there are plenty on OWTB) and all the other exiles, without whom the Club would struggle even more. Familiarity breeds contempt - distance appears to makes the heart grow fonder for Latics.

It's a fact of life that many Oldhamers have stopped attending games at BP but there's no point exiles getting wound up about the wording of a poll about Dale. You'll find there are also plenty of exiles among Dale's hardcore fans, and the Rochdale locals don't have the satisfaction of those shirts to admire in their wardrobes.

Not sure having the option that us Dale boys support Latics as we are glory hunters is just commical or simply rude .[/b]

I'm very proud of my home town and quite frankly it was the best decision my parents made bringing me up there and not in oldham...

Now who's being rude.

And, do you seriously think there is much difference between the two towns...think not....having family in both towns (as I suspect you have) it is clear that both towns have their nice and not-so-nice areas.

Yes I do think Rochdale is a better town than Oldham otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

It's not about what areas nicer that another, the people in the town etc ..... for me its the simple fact is Oldham have always had a council that no matter how hard the people of the town work to improve the town , they always seem to try and squash progress. Look in recent years how Tameside as developed ahead of Olldham.

In term of sports they nearly killed one sports team in the town and this year alone they are doing there best with another. Would they be happier if TTA moved the club to Tameside, because that could happen if there are any further issues with the new stadium and the council.

Spotland is co-owned by the RL / Football and yes the Council ... who together have paid for the re-developemnt of the stadium. Why as that not happened in Oldham ????

My point was I am glad a grew up in a Borough with a council that wants to see a town develop not hinder it.....

Yes I do think Rochdale is a better town than Oldham otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

It's not about what areas nicer that another, the people in the town etc ..... for me its the simple fact is Oldham have always had a council that no matter how hard the people of the town work to improve the town , they always seem to try and squash progress. Look in recent years how Tameside as developed ahead of Olldham.

In term of sports they nearly killed one sports team in the town and this year alone they are doing there best with another. Would they be happier if TTA moved the club to Tameside, because that could happen if there are any further issues with the new stadium and the council.

Spotland is co-owned by the RL / Football and yes the Council ... who together have paid for the re-developemnt of the stadium. Why as that not happened in Oldham ????

My point was I am glad a grew up in a Borough with a council that wants to see a town develop not hinder it.....

EEEeeeeeeh....I do love these post from these 'oldham-knockers' who think Rochdale, Tameside, Kirklees etc etc is some sort of promised land....and that Oldham council are on a mission to destroy the town and it's sporting clubs.

I could make a list pages and pages long of what Oldham has that Rochdale and Tameside doesn't, but I'd be wasting my breath and feel the the words bowling alley and cinema would be used an awful lot...

Good luck 'Dale today - please don't mess up.

Edited by Yard Dog

EEEeeeeeeh....I do love these post from these 'oldham-knockers' who think Rochdale, Tameside, Kirklees etc etc is some sort of promised land....and that Oldham council are on a mission to destroy the town and it's sporting clubs.

I could make a list pages and pages long of what Oldham has that Rochdale and Tameside doesn't, but I'd be wasting my breath and feel the the words bowling alley and cinema would be used an awful lot...

Good luck 'Dale today - please don't mess up.

Well at least we'll agree on one thing ... good luck Dale!

Oldham has the highest council tax of any Metropolitan Borough in the country, I don't see what we get for the money