• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The emblem is a ship innit. Representing the Manchester Ship canal I think. Citeh have always featured it heavily on their crest.

That's nothing to do with +@*%!!* Greater Manchester though. It's from the city of Manchester so fair and proper for Citeh to use.

Owl and red rose for me.

Edited by LaticsPete

Didn't L**ds U*d start all this new badge nonsense with their '70's style "smiley" logo?

And, slightly off topic, did any other clubs adopt our Yorkshire friends sock number tags idea? I can't remember anyone else doing it.

On the topic... just seen QPR have changed thier badge...

0,,10373~3653576,00.jpg

Actually quite like the old one.. again, simple and recognisable... however, suppose the richest club in the world needs a coat of arms...

QPR_Badge.jpg

Far better...

That new design is shocking, and what's with the crown thing on top? - ideas above their station if you ask me.

KtF,

Derek.

That would be the "Queen" bit, then ...

Apparently they considered having the late John Inman sitting astride the football ... but went for the crown instead.

:cardinal:

Guest oa_exile
if you like the old badges

www.uksoccershop.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=oldham&x=0&y=0

uksoccershop >>LINK<< added

Yeah we could spend £100k to hire that company that designed the new logo and brand for Oldham Council. They'd do a great job on it!

Yeah. Even my 30-seconds-on-Microsoft-paint version would be better than the one they would come up with.

oafclv4.jpg

Do I get £100k?

there is no reason to change the badge , but if it happen's i would like the old 70's one oldham03.jpg

There is too much red on that badge.

Actually, come to think of it, there is too much red on the current badge. Apart from that there is nothing wrong with it, its the best football club badge in the world. If they were to make any alterations they should just change the red to tangerine.

Guest oa_exile
Yeah. Even my 30-seconds-on-Microsoft-paint version would be better than the one they would come up with.

oafclv4.jpg

Do I get £100k?

Spend an extra 15 seconds next time , you need to get your circles a little more rounder , attention to detail :grin: