micah rumours...

Right taking the topic back on track.

If the Richards deal does happen, and it can be anywhere between £18 & £24 million depending on whose source you believe plus any add ons, the payment situation between 2 Enlglish League clubs is this, as a worst situation, to comply with league & FA rules IIRC.

1) 50% of the initial Fee (£18-£24 million) upfront ie between £9-£12 Million. We take our 20% share of that i.e. £1.8-£2.4 Million.

2) The balance is payable either by monthly, quarterly or annual installments over the next 1 (one) year. we take our 20% cut out of each installment.

3) Add ons i.e for winning a trophy or a set number of caps, or a set number of appearances for the new club etc are payable in full upon the event happening. Therefore we get our 20% cut at that point.

Therefore, we would receive 50% of our cut on completion of the transfer and the balance within the following 12 months except for the add on element, which can come during or after the 12 month period.

One of the reasons why some transfers have the add ons, is that it enables clubs to spread the transfer fee over a longer period than would otherwise be allowed.

The situation of payments between English and foreign clubs is different in that payment of transfer fees can be spread over longer periods,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Harry.

Come on Harry - we want rumours not facts. What's the word on the Street where you work? :wink:

Has the boss got his calculator out? :grin:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Harry - we want rumours not facts. What's the word on the Street where you work? :wink:

Has the boss got his calculator out? :grin:

I couldn't possibly comment on such frivolous accusations IC. :grin:

Having said that I do believe that certian figures (20% of £20 Million English pounds) have been stored in certain peoples brains and brought to the front of their thoughts each & every day since City approached them with a package to buy out the sell on clause. Now who would be stupid enough to take that proposal on? They really should have appraoched us with this in the summer of 2003. :grin:

I've heard from the Man Utd grapevine that the deal is £18m, rising to a possible £26m based on appearances, Utd success etc etc.

Trying to be a little more conservative about this, let's assume he signs on a 5 year deal, and the initial £18m is spread over that term (often the way the finances actually work when the numbers are this big). 20% of £18m is £3.6m, which on that basis would be £720k a season for the next five seasons.

Plus a share of the bonus clauses (roughly up to £1m).

Not as dramatic as $4m plus in our pocket right now, but still a damn fine income over the next few years.

Here's hoping.

That would be dependent upon the sell-on clause too, of course - and whether it stipulated that City would owe us our share as the fee was received or whether they were required to pay us the full agreed amount as soon as the transfer was complete.

I'm not the one who got personal first. As usual it's the one who doesn't join the stampede towards Gullabilityville who is attacked-and then attacked again for defending his view.

Mob rule OWTB style.

I'll stick my neck out and suggest it's more to do with you, than OWTB, Corp. :wink:

Radio 5Live reported that Fergie was set to spend £50 on 3 players according to rumours/papers etc which included Micah.

Cannot remember other 2 names, but 3 for £50m. Best price for Micah £15 million?

alves is one of them and another brazilian.......the two brazilians are priced at 10 million the pair.....so micah is still going to go for 30 million.

alves is one of them and another brazilian.......the two brazilians are priced at 10 million the pair.....so micah is still going to go for 30 million.

isnt alves a right-back? i dont think he will buy both him and micah

Guest oa_exile
Where did that pitch invasion happen with the police at BP?

Are you telling me you have never seen a pitch invasion at BP ? , never lived :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours are that Manures 'other' right back option this summer (daniel alves) is about to sign for Barca. They've also told Sunderland that they can sign Evans when they have bought in cover.

With red nose wanting his signings secured before mid-june could the news we've been waiting for be happening this week????

:pray::pray::pray::deal2:

Rumours are that Manures 'other' right back option this summer (daniel alves) is about to sign for Barca. They've also told Sunderland that they can sign Evans when they have bought in cover.

With red nose wanting his signings secured before mid-june could the news we've been waiting for be happening this week????

:pray::pray::pray::deal2:

to be honest i cant really see him leaving now.

he didnt go to thailand on the end of season tour,he stayed at home getting over his injury and having treatment...yes he is a bit miffed sven left,but now hughes has come in....i just cant see him moving

i hope im wrong and the deal is done quickly and swiftly and we get our money......but i dont think it will be this season now.

to be honest i cant really see him leaving now.

he didnt go to thailand on the end of season tour,he stayed at home getting over his injury and having treatment...yes he is a bit miffed sven left,but now hughes has come in....i just cant see him moving

i hope im wrong and the deal is done quickly and swiftly and we get our money......but i dont think it will be this season now.

Hmm, I think Hughes was a cheap (but acceptable) option. Hardly the appointment for a team wanting to be in the Champions League. Richards could walk 10 yds out of the council house and be chauffer driven to Manure, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool to sign on the dotted line. He ain't gonna play in the Champions league with Citeh for at least another 12 months.

Shinawatra might say he's staying, but when do the season ticket sales end?

Hmm, I think Hughes was a cheap (but acceptable) option. Hardly the appointment for a team wanting to be in the Champions League. Richards could walk 10 yds out of the council house and be chauffer driven to Manure, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool to sign on the dotted line. He ain't gonna play in the Champions league with Citeh for at least another 12 months.

Shinawatra might say he's staying, but when do the season ticket sales end?

Also, if a player is "not for sale", it usually bumps up their price. You can hold out for that offer that is too good to refuse rather than be bullied into a take it or leave it offer.

When you think about it, Man City are the ones who paid his wages and paid for his development. They want to get a great price for him, especially as they lose a portion of the transfer fee to the mighty latics!