I know that's there's a debate about the location of the drummer next season but i'm more concerned that I'll be sat near Corporal Jones!

That is, of course, if he is going to attend as we go down the plughole he has seen.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondly, its states "Manchester" and NOT "Greater Manchester". I for one dont like the idea of being part of Greater Manchester, but have to accept it either way. But simply, Greater Manchester and Manchester are not the same. See the above list. Manchester is part of Greater Manchester, and apparently Oldham is also part of Greater Manchester. Nowhere does it say that Oldham is, or has ever been or will ever be, part of Manchester.

We are not part of Manchester and we are not Mancunian. Whether or not Greater Manchester exists, Oldham (and Manchester for that matter) is part of Lancashire (la la la).

Precisely. Being part of Greater Manchester is not supposed to in any way suggest, and never was, that anybody other than those living in that component of the region which is the city of Manchester are Mancunian.

And as I said in my opening post, every component of Greater Manchester that used to be Lancashire is entitled to consider itself historically Lancastrian. That includes the city of Manchester itself.

I can't see how people can fail to grasp any of this. It isn't rocket science.

I know that's there's a debate about the location of the drummer next season but i'm more concerned that I'll be sat near Corporal Jones!

That is, of course, if he is going to attend as we go down the plughole he has seen.

What plughole? We're going for promotion aren't we?

That's what I said in the first place.

You'll also notice from the words in tangerine that the area is not in the North West - it's in West Central England i.e., the Midlands, but that opens another can of worms. :grin:

Yes, but the link also goes on to point out that GM still exists as a geographical area and that certain services are administered on that basis.

If anybody wants to put all this to the test, all they have to do is demand something of Lancashire county council and see how far they get when they say they are from Oldham.

Guest oa_exile
What plughole? We're going for promotion aren't we?

What do you think ? , do we have what it takes ?

Edited by oa_exile

Guest oa_exile
On paper I thought we had what it took last season, although squad depth was proved to be the stumbling block.

We will be stronger this season coming season on paper and in depth , and also Shez will have (hopefully) learnt his lessons from last season , so is that a yes from you are are we still in the past tense ?

Edited by oa_exile

Guest oa_exile
I think that in theory we are good enough.

Thank you (I also agree :wink: )

BTW can you two get a room or something :lol:

IQ of 43.

As for me, I'm deadly serious. And don't call me Shirley.

:bored:

Soooo, to be serious about any of this one would need an IQ of 42, and for somebody not to be serious about any of this they would need an IQ of 43. And you are deadly serious.

Therefore you have a killer IQ of 42.

:wacko:

Guest oa_exile
I always seem to acquire a stalker.

In fairness Corp that is due to the nature of your posts and I do believe that you actually enjoy the Stalking :)

Guest oa_exile
I wish I had a stalker.

I can be you Stalker if you want Mate :) , I have been told that I could also be someones worst nightmare :lol: