So what do you think for the coming season?

Have you bought a season ticket?

I always buy a season ticket.

As I've said, I think that in theory the side is good enough to go up but it probably depends on having strength in depth. And not breaking it up again, of course.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always buy a season ticket.

As I've said, I think that in theory the side is good enough to go up but it probably depends on having strength in depth. And not breaking it up again, of course.

Still not a yes or no Corp.

It was a yes, as any reasonable person would be able to see, o Grand Inquisitor.

Good. Hopefully some of the missing thousands will return to Boundary Park now that one of the harshest critics believes Latics have a squad capable of getting promoted.

The omens certainly read well with decent signings; talk of promotion and signs that the Manager is learning from past mistakes.

Or have I misread your misreading of LaticsPete's post? :wink:

Good. Hopefully some of the missing thousands will return to Boundary Park now that one of the harshest critics believes Latics have a squad capable of getting promoted.

The omens certainly read well with decent signings; talk of promotion and signs that the Manager is learning from past mistakes.

Or have I misread your misreading of LaticsPete's post? :wink:

I thought he was referring to his demand to know whether or not I've bought a season ticket. Which, of course, he has a right to know being Head Criticism Shield and Sword of the Revolution.

So let suppose the rumour about Mr Richards is true. Who else has played for the 2 top teams in Manchester

Denis Law

Peter Schmeichel

Peter Beardsley

Oops, did I misunderstand the question?

"We're not part of Manchester" Have you never heard that song?

I thought he was referring to his demand to know whether or not I've bought a season ticket. Which, of course, he has a right to know being Head Criticism Shield and Sword of the Revolution.

Pete strikes me as a pretty intelligent person (similar to you) and so I'm guessing that he found your answer "I always buy a season ticket" explanatory for the second part of his polite question.

His follow up was therefore about the first part I'm sure. Now it's up to him to confirm what he meant but in the meantime, I'm intrigued as to whether or not the recent noises coming from Boundary Park (decent signings before the end of May; comments from the new signings that they are "signing for a club where everyone is talking promotion"; signing up the young stars on long term deals and an aggressive and detailed transfer policy) have meant that there is a little moisture in the bottom of your glass?

Just a polite enquiry to gauge the opinion of one of our Club's harshest critics. :wink:

I'm sure Jack Bauer would struggle getting more than "name; rank and serial number" out of you by using force. :)

I wasn't clear about Corp's views on the coming season as his reply was hedged by two qualifiers. For lots of us we have a feeling that the team can or can't do it. The comment that "in theory the side is good enough to go up but it probably depends on having strength in depth" seemed to be evasive, no not evasive, more a case of prevaricating.

Anyway, I think there'a a glimmer of optimism in your own curmudgeonly way Corp! Cmon , admit it Mr Sunshine!

Hehe - how's this for a friend-of-a-friend rumour?!?

My friend's City supporting mate, who is in the same Sunday League side as a Manchester City physio informs me that the Micah Richards deal was virtually done last week!

:grin:

Denis Law

Peter Schmeichel

Peter Beardsley

Oops, did I misunderstand the question?

"We're not part of Manchester" Have you never heard that song?

and neither are United, but we're all a part of the Greater Manchester brotherhood...and the simple chant can do nothing to alter that fact.

Hehe - how's this for a friend-of-a-friend rumour?!?

My friend's City supporting mate, who is in the same Sunday League side as a Manchester City physio informs me that the Micah Richards deal was virtually done last week!

:grin:

I think this is as close to the horses mouth as it gets!