To avoid upsettin some

I'll not tell ya who I laughed at today or indeed is still a league one player. See ya next season Charlie and get ready for the barrage! It's funny how life is a great leveller and will in those famous words of KK "I'll love it if we beat them....love it" and oh the joy to see Latics go up and hear the cry to end a nightmare!

Edited by Lags

I'll not tell ya who I laughed at today or indeed is still a league one player. See ya next season Charlie and get ready for the barrage! It's funny how life is a great leveller and will in those famous words of KK "I'll love it if we beat them....love it" and oh the joy to see Latics go up and hear the cry to end a nightmare!

im still laughing.....poetic justice for trying to cheat the system....and also for someone who supposedly loved us more than life itself...but unfortunately not money.....hope he has a really long flight home to ponder his decision....g,day g,day

Yesterday..... an injuried Wellens or Charlie boy? who looked the better player?

I honestly do not remember "Charlie boy" touching the ball in the whole game, except from taking corners... I agree with you as to who is a better player, however it doesnt help KK that he is shoved on the wing, agaisnt Donny it would be nigh on impossible for him to play from there, they play so tight in the midfield with Coppinger, Wellens, Stock and Green just dominating the ball... all of them are probably better thatn KK... so no wonder the only time you saw him was when he was moaning...

Saying that, I have no problem is saying Wellens was awesome yesterday.... the exact type of game we all know he loves.. big stage, underdog, Injury for him to play on.... he was bloomin brilliant, and I for one dont begrudge him playing in the Championship...

As for KK (and the moronic Andy Robinson) see you at BP next season.... however much more worried about Robinson than KK....

"I honestly do not remember "Charlie boy" touching the ball in the whole game"

Watch the goal again. You'll see Charlie boy in a sorry lunge tryin to stop the ball goin in whilst marking the post. Then as the ball springs back from the bulging net Charlie boy catches the ball! and you'll see him touch it. Pleased for Charlie and Leeds, call it sour grapes if you like, I call it respect like he did my club.

Edited by Lags

"I honestly do not remember "Charlie boy" touching the ball in the whole game"

Watch the goal again. You'll see Charlie boy in a sorry lunge tryin to stop the ball goin in whilst marking the post. Then as the ball springs back from the bulging net Charlie ball catches the ball! and you'll see him touch it. Pleased for Charlie and Leeds, call it sour grapes if you like, I call it respect like he did my club.

:lol:

Cant wait to see Kelvin Lomax play him off the park next season... !

Haha........

It's almost a shift-change now...Wellens and the comments people were coming out with "he'll never play at an higher level, :censored:out money grabber etc." have been altered now to...."fair play, good on him, he's gone up and done it etc." as though some needed proving wrong and that he was somehow wrong to go to Donny and leave us. I know who's laughing now! There'll still be some bitter ones about him but all I can say is I'm very happy for him.

And KK has gone from "well Leeds are a bigger club, can't blame him" to "haha, see ya next season, bag of :censored:, should've stuck with us.....etc."

Not pointing specifically at people here, just finding the general changing of opinion humourous.

I'm not bitter against either. Never have been. Glad KK didn't stay coz frankly, he was overrated. Poor mans Wellens. Gutted Richie left. Would wish KK all the best if he wasn't at Leeds and I hope Wellens has a great shot at it in the Champs.

Anyway....as you all were.....

Edited by boundaryblue80

Haha........

It's almost a shift-change now...Wellens and the comments people were coming out with "he'll never play at an higher level, :censored:out money grabber etc." have been altered now to...."fair play, good on him, he's gone up and done it etc." as though some needed proving wrong and that he was somehow wrong to go to Donny and leave us. I know who's laughing now! There'll still be some bitter ones about him but all I can say is I'm very happy for him.

And KK has gone from "well Leeds are a bigger club, can't blame him" to "haha, see ya next season, bag of :censored:, should've stuck with us.....etc."

Not pointing specifically at people here, just finding the general changing of opinion humourous.

I'm not bitter against either. Never have been. Glad KK didn't stay coz frankly, he was overrated. Poor mans Wellens. Gutted Richie left. Would wish KK all the best if he wasn't at Leeds and I hope Wellens has a great shot at it in the Champs.

You have a point Ross. I think, though, that Wellens mended his reputation in a big way by being at Ernie's game - not the act of the big time Charlie.

Guest oa_exile
Haha........

Think that is just a normal reaction from people in general , a bit of told you so , football fans generally dont want a player to better himself especially when they leave on a sour note.

Wellens deserves his chance in the Championship , best of luck to him.

Kilkenny is young and grabbed a chance to go to a bigger club and bigger salary , but he probably now realises he is not a big fish in a small pond.

What a joke.

Anyone on here would change jobs for an extra 2k+ a week.

Its the way football goes and its time to move on people!!

I'll move on when am ready. Half the job done, now all we need is Latics to go up and leave Charlie Boy behind in league one.

I'll move on when am ready. Half the job done, now all we need is Latics to go up and leave Charlie Boy behind in league one.

Not a chance Leeds wont go up.

Why is he a charlie boy? He has no loyal tie to oldham its just a job!!

Lookin at it independantly Leeds are a bigger club like it or not!!

He never promised to stay and he upset about leaving but had to think of his career. I no exactly what i would do!!!

Do you see me say the same things about Gary Mac, Trotman and so on? NO you don't why? it's the manner they left. You carry on bigging up Leeds and clap Kilkenny when he appears at BP next season in LEAGUE ONE. Me, am Latics through and through.

Do you see me say the same things about Gary Mac, Trotman and so on? NO you don't why? it's the manner they left. You carry on bigging up Leeds and clap Kilkenny when he appears at BP next season in LEAGUE ONE. Me, am Latics through and through.

So am i?

What manner did he leave in?

He never promised to sign for us!

He got offered alot more money at a bigger club.

End of.

Yes he will be in league one next year but they are certs for promotion in my eyes. Crowds of 25k are better to play in front of than scraping 6k!

When they go up they will stay up whereas were gonna struggle unless people come back to BP

Carry on bigging Leeds up brother. Me it's oldham end of

correct me if i am wrong, but he was not even our player was he? he was LOANED, and had no obligation to sign for us! why do some fans think that, once they wear latics blue , they owe us something for life.

still funny he didnt go up though!

Edited by palmer1

Carry on bigging Leeds up brother. Me it's oldham end of.

Im not bigging them up.

Im Latics till i die but it doesnt take a genius to see Leeds are a bigger club.

Going to have to leave this now as dont think theres any comprimise

Like the previous post said he was on loan to us..

"To avoid upsettin some" , well that named thread failed :grin:

He had every intention in upsetting some. Lags has some skewed logic if he thinks Kilkenny should have stayed with us with an offer from Leeds on the table.

Apart from leaving mid-season, I don't see what Kilkenny has done differently to what Gary Mac has done. Neil Kilkenny didn't at any point say he was going to stay the season.

He had every intention in upsetting some. Lags has some skewed logic if he thinks Kilkenny should have stayed with us with an offer from Leeds on the table.

Apart from leaving mid-season, I don't see what Kilkenny has done differently to what Gary Mac has done. Neil Kilkenny didn't at any point say he was going to stay the season.

Here Here

The voice of reason. I thought it was just me

Skewed to you and few others. Not to me eh? Why do you always have to make out anyone with a different view to you some how has to have something wrong with their brain? It's about time you cut that out brother.

Difference is that he Gary Mac went back to Scotland and to Aberdeen a team nice and far away as where Kilkenny went to Leeds who aren't everybody's second team as it is and are now in our division. He will no doubt get boo'd next season not by me he did what I would have done and went for the best deal.

For the record here's how my logic works.

Latics have given Charlie Boy 2 goes at kick starting his football league career. First off we gave him his big break in first team football. The fans give him all the backing a young player could wish for and the club the chance to progress. Fair does that he should end his time with thanks from Latics whilst heading back to Brum and the premiership to try his luck. Nowt wrong with that and good luck to the lad.

However the second coming and leaving is totally different. He was left in the wilderness at brum, not in the prem but in the Championship. He endured a year out in the cold with little chance of emerging into the light and once Brum went up the dark become a black hole. Kilkenny was crying for Latics to come to his rescue and take him on loan. Get him playing on a first team pitch again. We duly obliged him. Remember he even came injured which meant we saw nothing of the real player, until eventually we had to fix him and give him a break whilst he recovered. Then come January when his loan period was up, the club offered to make him our highest paid player, the fans would have gladly accepted that status and the black hole nightmare wouldn't appear. But no Kilkenny jumped ship to Leeds. He should have stayed till at least the end of the season and repaid some of that grace Latics had done for him. Sorry Charlie Boy forever from now on.

Great to see Charlie in league one cos thats were him and his club merit to be. Looking forward to Latics goin up and leaving Charlie and his mates behind.

Edited by Lags

Skewed to you and few others. Not to me eh? Why do you always have to make out anyone with a different view to you some how has to have something wrong with their brain? It's about time you cut that out brother.

But it seems most people think he did what is human nature to do, in this capitalist world we live in. Take the extra money.

I dislike Leeds as much as anyone. A horrible, dirty club. But I'll not get as bitter and twisted as you tend to get because...

a] It makes you look completely silly IMO

b] Karma balances itself out (as it clearly has in Kilkenny's case).

c] It didn't destroy our season.

And if you think I'm trying to imply you've something wrong with your brain, well, you're clearly paranoid, brethren.