Rochdale have been absolutely outplayed... have not seen 1 player in this Rochdale team who even deserves to be on the same pitch as us, or any other League 1 team... very, very poor...

Stockport on the other hand in Rowe and Dickinson have 2 players who are streets ahead of League 2.. could be a handfull next season...

Well done Stockport. The best team has won (well, pretty much there!)

Rochdale have been absolutely outplayed... have not seen 1 player in this Rochdale team who even deserves to be on the same pitch as us, or any other League 1 team... very, very poor...

Stockport on the other hand in Rowe and Dickinson have 2 players who are streets ahead of League 2.. could be a handfull next season...

Well done Stockport. The best team has won (well, pretty much there!)

Or have I spoken too soon....

.. we will see...

You gotta love football!

Thought it was an excellent game by far and away the best game of the holiday weekend, and totally disagree with BigFin - I don't think either team would look out of their place in our league.

Gutted for the Dale fans I know, but we were in a win win situation regarding the away game.

Really enjoyed the game, despite the fact that I was erring on the side of a Dale victory. Ah well, Stockport here we come.

KtF,

Derek.

Guest oa_exile
Thought it was an excellent game by far and away the best game of the holiday weekend, and totally disagree with BigFin - I don't think either team would look out of their place in our league.

Gutted for the Dale fans I know, but we were in a win win situation regarding the away game.

Really enjoyed the game, despite the fact that I was erring on the side of a Dale victory. Ah well, Stockport here we come.

KtF,

Derek.

Have to agree wanted Rochdale to win but ......... "Hey ho" they didnt so.......... a local derby to look forward to :)

"Hey Ho" sing the Biffo's :lol:

KtF,

Derek.

Honestly Derek... I sometimes wonder what matches you watch... that was a godawful pile of tripe, that only came to life in the last half an hour... Rochdale got 2 goals against the run of play... and ultimately looked very, very poor...

Stockport were wolds ahead of dale... unfortunately they looked league 2 through and through... what difference Perkins would have made I dont know... but they were bloody awful...

Well done stockport... fully deserved it..

Dale were the best team when they went 1 up. Bigfin your just being a bit bitter towards dale

have to say having watched it dale were good value for there lead,but once county got one back they were streets ahead in both ideas and execution.....dale tried but couldnt quite match them,we will see if county look out of place next season wont we.....feel sorry for dale,35 years in the bottom league...lets hope they do it next season.

Dale were the best team when they went 1 up. Bigfin your just being a bit bitter towards dale

:lol:

Whatever! And most of the Oldham fans have an irrational soft-spot for them! They bottled it today, were lucky to get past darlington... and stockport were the better side... Dickinson was better then the whole team put together on his own....

Just glad I dont have to watch League 2 football every week, i know league 1 aint that much better.... but that was awful... Dickinson and Rowe stuck out like a beacon in a load of bilge...

What poor division that will be next year... all the teams going down are rubbish, if the dale ever want to get out of that dustbin then next year has to be their best chance...

Dale were awful and Stockport always seemed in control. Went along to Wembley today .... well got as far as the pub full of Dale fans and realised that I actually didn't give to hoots about my home town team. So never went to the match....

Half full and the only tickets they had on sale on the day were on of the more expensive at 46 quid ????

have to say having watched it dale were good value for there lead,but once county got one back they were streets ahead in both ideas and execution.....dale tried but couldnt quite match them,we will see if county look out of place next season wont we.....feel sorry for dale,35 years in the bottom league...lets hope they do it next season.

Agreed.

Gotta agree with Derek's rather than Bigfin's opinion of the match. Stockport played some excellent football (nothing like Ronnie's hoof-ball) and were well worth their victory. They will be tough opposition next season.

Went along to Wembley today .... well got as far as the pub full of Dale fans and realised that I actually didn't give to hoots about my home town team. So never went to the match....

Makes a bit of a mockery of your rant about being a proud Rochdaleian (compared to Oldhamers), Mark. :disappointed:

Agreed.

Gotta agree with Derek's rather than Bigfin's opinion of the match. Stockport played some excellent football (nothing like Ronnie's hoof-ball) and were well worth their victory. They will be tough opposition next season.

:blink:

Which bit of my statements about stockport being the far better team are you not agreeing with??? Was poor standard, but stockport were by far superior... Dickinson and Rowe looked great players...

Guest oa_exile

So just to summarise the thread so far ..............

Honestly BFL... I sometimes wonder what matches you watch...

:grin:

:blink:

Which bit of my statements about stockport being the far better team are you not agreeing with??? Was poor standard, but stockport were by far superior... Dickinson and Rowe looked great players...

I agree totally, Stockers were by far the better team, what I don't agree with is that is was poor fare. I thought it was a good game to watch with both teams (despite lacking some width) attempted to play some decent football. Much better than the two previous days where the teams looked more set up not to lose than going hell for leather trying to win.

KtF,

Derek.

Makes a bit of a mockery of your rant about being a proud Rochdaleian (compared to Oldhamers), Mark. :disappointed:

Not really, proud of being from Rochdale is one thing, supporting a football team from there is another. Paying money to go in and watch a game I not really that bothered seemed a little foolish