New signing tomorrow

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will not spend a five-figure fee on a striker - it will not happen. Simple.

I really don't know why you're not telling us.

Beep, beep

Message from my mate's mate's dad's friend - how did he get my number? - we're linked with a player who's been in the EPL for the last 7 year. He's only 28. First teamer, too. You send me a PM, Crusoe, naming specific names and I'll tell you who that bloke is. He's not lying, either!

Beep, beep

Message from my mate's mate's dad's friend - how did he get my number? - we're linked with a player who's been in the EPL for the last 7 year. He's only 28. First teamer, too. You send me a PM, Crusoe, naming specific names and I'll tell you who that bloke is. He's not lying, either!

have you ever considered that if the news leaks out the deal will fall through,and someone at the club will be in trouble?????

and why the hell not wouldnt we sign a striker for a five figure fee????

the amigos have always said the money is available for the right player.....they havent let us down yet have they...

Beep, beep

Didn't we shell out five figures for both Davies and Allott last season - doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

Constantine and Wallwork?

dont se how wallwork would fit in hes hardly the creative spark we are looking for is he... mark allott role but rat mans miles better. As for a 5 figure fee it aint really unlikely is it less than 100k, and how randomly someone has just popped keigan parker in the equation is ridiculous

Didn't we shell out five figures for both Davies and Allott last season - doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

Constantine and Wallwork?

Well im going for Leon Clarke because... we were going to sign him in January, we(shez+tta) then found out that Leon needed a knee opp, and weren’t prepared to shell out the money for him, for him then to be out injured! Could possibly be Constantine

Midfielder, other than wallwork i can’t think of anyone, but we have been linked with him before, so i dunno

I’ll suggest one that’s controversial and not been mentioned....

Luke Beckett - Huddersfield and Bradford agreed a 5 figure fee for him a couple of weeks back, however after discussing terms Stuart McCall said he's agreed to sign for a team in a better position than them, when he returns from holiday (due back this week)

Probably nothing in it, but you never know!

could chris eagles be the midfielder?

Far as I am aware, Eagles has been lurking in the Utd reserves... rather than an experienced player in the championship...

Tell you what... if Beckett signs for us i'll support rochdale next season... :wink:

Another striker who is available, being touted round league 1 - Grant Holt? Would don a job for us....

The only other midfielder who fits the description is Jonathan Greening, however I have it on good authority that a certain Paul Scholes will be the next major announcement. Strikers at around £100,000 are ten a penny - see James Hayter/Paul Heffernan/Leon Clarke etc. so I think you can look no further than that sort of level. As stated previously you could probably add Grant Holt to the list.

KTF

Liam Miller?

That was my next suggestion aswell. Being released by Sunderland, 27/28 most of his experience was with L**ds/Sunderland in the Championship. Only thing is there are a number of Championship clubs after him, and he'd be expensive esp wages etc.

Couldn't see either him or Eagles here personally as both likely to be out of our budgets.

Grant Holt would be fantastic for us, big target man just what we needed last season.

showumni is now available...

midfielder is a puzzler....unless mr scholes has now decided he wants to finish his days with a better team.lol