o grady signing confirmed

WTF is your problem? For Christ sake, People whine for signings then slag the bugger off before he's even put a shirt on! I for one are far more pleased this pre-season than I was last when we put our faith in a lot of older so called 'proven' players that had us bottom of the league after 10 games. This lad isn't a bad player, ok his application isn't always there but it isn't with Davies either. Who the hell did you want us to sign? Holt? A lazy useless fat turd every time i've seen him and the Forest fans agree. Lambert? Dream on. Clarke? Ok I wouldn't have minded Leon but he would not have come cheap and seeing as he got plenty of game time at the ned of the season and was influential in them staying up he made have had a reprieve at Hillsborough. Constantine? He did ok but is an ageing journeyman. This boy is young and hungry, obviously has a point to prove after leaving Leicester, signing for us is his way back up and he will provide the competotion to the injury prone Hughes and indifferent Davies, whilst at the same time keepin Lewi on his toes. Good luck Chris and welcome to BP, ignore the moaners you'll get used to it fella. Trouble is some people think were friggin' Real Madrid not an average third division club with 4,500 attendances.

WELL SAID CANT AGREE ANYMORE!!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe some peopl on here. They want new signings brought in to push for promotion and then slag new players off before having seen them kick a ball. Are these people going to slag Greg Flemming off?J ust like Chis O'Grady I havent seem him play too often so as with any player I will give them time to fit into the team and make a judgement then. We trust Shez and the his team to find us the best players for the squad by scouting other football clubs and if theywatch someone enough times and decide he is good enough then so be it.

So called supporters want to start actually supporting players instead of getting on their backs - this forum is beginning to sound like the main stand!!

Rant over!!

bla bla bla

opinions dont mean people dont support the players they are entitled to write what they like just like you do i dont rate smalley some people do, i rate taylor some people slag him off all the time

I cant believe some peopl on here. They want new signings brought in to push for promotion and then slag new players off before having seen them kick a ball. Are these people going to slag Greg Flemming off?J ust like Chis O'Grady I havent seem him play too often so as with any player I will give them time to fit into the team and make a judgement then. We trust Shez and the his team to find us the best players for the squad by scouting other football clubs and if theywatch someone enough times and decide he is good enough then so be it.

So called supporters want to start actually supporting players instead of getting on their backs - this forum is beginning to sound like the main stand!!

Rant over!!

Leaving aside those who seem to think they know how good (or bad) he's going to be before they've even seen him play, does anyone know anything about the contract he's signed? Articles on the OFS don't mention how long it is. (I'm guessing it's going to be 3 years given we've paid a fee and he's only 22).

A SAW MA MATE

THE OTHER DAY

HE SAID TO ME

HE'D THE SEEN THE NEW PELE

SO I ASKED WHO IS HE

HE GOES BY THE NAME OF OGRADY OGRADY OGRADY .....

Adapted to be unique?

Best interview of the three new signings as well so far.

Damn Man U chant!

bla bla bla

opinions dont mean people dont support the players they are entitled to write what they like just like you do i dont rate smalley some people do, i rate taylor some people slag him off all the time

I dont have a problem with people having opinions. Yes people rate a player someone else may not but these are players they have seen play more than once or twice. How is it that one player can be slagged off before putting a shirt on and we get a decent look at him and another player in the same situation people are looking forward to seeing? Why is it not, oh we have signed O'Grady, i dont think thats a good signing BUT i will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he proves me wrong? If he bangs in 4 goals over pre-season all of a sudden he will be the best signing for years!

i said this previously i will support him 100% and hope he does well and also said i would eat my words if hes decent

I dont have a problem with people having opinions. Yes people rate a player someone else may not but these are players they have seen play more than once or twice. How is it that one player can be slagged off before putting a shirt on and we get a decent look at him and another player in the same situation people are looking forward to seeing? Why is it not, oh we have signed O'Grady, i dont think thats a good signing BUT i will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he proves me wrong? If he bangs in 4 goals over pre-season all of a sudden he will be the best signing for years!

Leaving aside those who seem to think they know how good (or bad) he's going to be before they've even seen him play, does anyone know anything about the contract he's signed? Articles on the OFS don't mention how long it is. (I'm guessing it's going to be 3 years given we've paid a fee and he's only 22).

Good question!

Guest oa_exile
It says 2 years on fishul.

Lesson learnt ? why do we keep signing these youngsters on 2 year deals .............. I wonder which SPL team he picks in 2 years ? :unsure:

i also think it is disrespectful to smalley and lewis, who did well last season and we are bringing in a striker that will be ahead of them in the pecking order

The club have two options then.

1) Sign a striker who is worse than Alessandra and Smalley

2) Not sign a striker.

We all have opinions, mine is that it is a good thing to sign players who are better than the ones who you currently have, even if they are no good.

Guest oa_exile

2) Not sign a striker.

We all have opinions, mine is that it is a good thing to sign players who are better than the ones who you currently have, even if they are no good.

Let's have a poll on it :grin: as they seem to be going down a treat today :lol:

Rant over!!

Not eveybody in the Main Stand slags off the players

:mainstand:

at least we have increased our options up front suppose getting a striker in is better than not getting one

2) Not sign a striker.

Lesson learnt ? why do we keep signing these youngsters on 2 year deals .............. I wonder which SPL team he picks in 2 years ? :unsure:

Same thing keeps on occurring to me, it maybe that the players themselves insist on 2 year deals to give them the flexibility or perhaps we have put clauses in that say if they go to Scotland then Simon Blitz can attack their ankles with a sledge hammer. I hope it is the first but wouldn't mind seeing the second.

Same thing keeps on occurring to me, it maybe that the players themselves insist on 2 year deals to give them the flexibility or perhaps we have put clauses in that say if they go to Scotland then Simon Blitz can attack their ankles with a sledge hammer. I hope it is the first but wouldn't mind seeing the second.

Was thinking along similar lines.

As for O'grady, i think he is a good addition. Never heard of him before the rumours and official signing but im looking forward to see what he has in pre season.

i said this previously i will support him 100% and hope he does well and also said i would eat my words if hes decent

It wasnt a dig against anything you had said. Its just what I think about what many seem to be posting. I just dont understand the lack of support for a new player.

No doubt the player didnt fancy a 3 year deal....

I doubt we paid the sort of money we did for Porter. The porter deal should never have happened for a two year contract. That was clearly a mistake. O'Grady transfer fee wouldnt of been as high I reckon so the 2 years couldnt of been argued as much, considering other clubs were intrested as well.

Guest oa_exile

Was thinking along similar lines.

He say's he was keen to sign so surely a minimum three years would have acceptable to both parties ?

IMO we should be signing the younger players on three year deals especially since we have paid money up front.

EXAMPLE : Davies will be the next "Issue" as we only signed him on a two year deal.