o grady signing confirmed

On the other hand, if we are in a good position for promotion it may be worth the gamble keeping him to help us into the Championship even if it means loosing out on a fee!

We did that with Porter didn't we? and I've not seen one post sayin it was worth it. Sometimes I wonder.

Do you read a full post or does that depend who posted it? I started by stating in the past I've said lets get Davis new contract sorted now......this close season.

Edited by Lags

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The O'Grady fee is less than £65,000 (per the same person who told me about the signing). As for the contract, I have no inside knowledge but the fee and the contract are separately negotiated (since one is payable to the club for the player's registration and one is agreed with the player). You'd be foolish to spend a lot on a fee for a player and then only agree a short contract, but you can back out of a deal if you can't agree terms. I assume that TTA are comfortable with both the fee and contract length.

He is a good striker, who Crewe and Stockport both tried to sign. Reason Rotherham want rid is because he refused to get his wages deferred when they were in admin. etc so he isn't liked around Rotherham.