How to lose friends and alienate people

A senseless rant one day before the season ticket discount deadline.

Beggars belief. Latics PR strikes again.

Is this something on the official site? Unfortunately it's blocked at work - could someone copy and paste the article?

A senseless rant one day before the season ticket discount deadline.

Beggars belief. Latics PR strikes again.

TBH the club can't do right for doing wrong.

What beggars belief is some of our fans, they want to know all the in's and out's of transfers before they have even happened then when a slight hitch occurs they are up in arms.

Then when the signing is complete, he is not good enough or not a big enough name.

We are a League 1 club some people need to understand that players like Lampard and Rooney are very unlikely to come here.

What beggars belief is the fact that the posters making these comments are on the site most of the day every day... to debate .. to get opinion .. even to stir up a little argument .. fair enough.... I do exactly ther same. what I dont get id the 'god' complex and how they seem to know everything about players,marketing,wage structures. Lets face it they are just unsubstaciated and sometimesd arsey opinions. The internet ... isnt it just great

TBH the club can't do right for doing wrong.

What beggars belief is some of our fans, they want to know all the in's and out's of transfers before they have even happened then when a slight hitch occurs they are up in arms.

Then when the signing is complete, he is not good enough or not a big enough name.

We are a League 1 club some people need to understand that players like Lampard and Rooney are very unlikely to come here.

Well said Hometown - the last day has actually been quite amusing really, as some of our fans really are complete dillweeds aren't they?

Last season 'they' complained about our transfer dealings, poor signings; not getting in there early enough etc - this year, we've hit the ground running; been pro-active, 'aggresive' as Tommy W has said, and IMO brought in 3 young & promising additions to the playing side......AND SOME ABSOLUTE DOUGHNUTS STILL MOAN!!!!

Honestly, i don't know what the club would have to do to please some - free season tickets for moaners? sign Joe Cole to solve our left side issue (oh wait, he'd be slated as a right footer being played out of position, sorry!)? Bring in Sven as our new manager?? FFS, we are a little 3rd division team in the NW of England, who; like it or lump it, can't compete with the likes of Leeds, Donny et all for transfers, due in no small part to the fact that we get gates of 4,500!

The new signings, and O'Grady is definately included in this, are IMO (and that of seasoned football watchers like BP1960) really good league 1 signings, especially for a small club like ourselves - beating off competiion from the likes of QPR, Preston, Crewe, Millwall etc. I say well done Shez, Tommy & TTA, i for1 am very pleased with this pre-season's dealing so far, long may it continue guys.....

rant over!!!!

It does seem pointless to have a rant at this time, the Latics PR machine and the way some of the clubs executives goes about its business can be dreadful, it is maybe why we are looking for new sponsors of the Rochdale Road End, Chaddy The Owl and various events.

Another example I can give is the day before the Huddersfield cup game when we are crying out for a striker there is a headline on the website to the effect " Latics make signing for Saturday " only upon reading the story you find out we have hired a dance troop for the game, hilarious. I can remember laughing my head off when after a toothless performance we lost 1-0 to an average side at home and almost wetting myself when they went on to draw Chelsea away in the next round.

As already mentioned in the past we have announced we have signed Patrick Berger, an hour later we haven't and we look foolish again, the farce of the January transfer window was for all to see so I think unless someone has signed up we should say nothing.

The new signings, and O'Grady is definitely included in this, are IMO (and that of seasoned football watchers like BP1960) really good league 1 signings, especially for a small club like ourselves - beating off competition from the likes of QPR, Preston, Crewe, Millwall etc. I say well done Shez, Tommy & TTA, i for1 am very pleased with this pre-season's dealing so far, long may it continue guys.....

All are good signings and if a good creative midflelder can be brought in fans should be delighted, this is looking like a side Joe bulit in the 90s, a mix of promising youngsters and experience.

All are good signings and if a good creative midflelder can be brought in fans should be delighted, this is looking like a side Joe bulit in the 90s, a mix of promising youngsters and experience.

That's what i've been thinking - for every Crossly, we now have a Flemming / for every Liddell we have a Smalley / for every Hughes we have an O'Grady or Lewis / for Allott, we have Keiron Lee.......it's taking shape isn't it??

You know what?

The tone of that article on the official site perhaps isn't the kind of level-headed vanilla one might demand as being "professional".

But I like it. It shows the club on a more personal level. Interacting with the fans, and letting us know how they feel.

And it creates debate on here. Which is all good.

You know what?

The tone of that article on the official site perhaps isn't the kind of level-headed vanilla one might demand as being "professional".

But I like it. It shows the club on a more personal level. Interacting with the fans, and letting us know how they feel.

And it creates debate on here. Which is all good.

+1

The new signings, and O'Grady is definately included in this, are IMO (and that of seasoned football watchers like BP1960) really good league 1 signings, especially for a small club like ourselves - beating off competiion from the likes of QPR, Preston, Crewe, Millwall etc. I say well done Shez, Tommy & TTA, i for1 am very pleased with this pre-season's dealing so far, long may it continue guys.....

rant over!!!!

We managed to beat off the mighty Crewe?

My God-they're nearly as big as Doncaster!

Who are absolutely massive.

We managed to beat off the mighty Crewe?

My God-they're nearly as big as Doncaster!

Who are absolutely massive.

How did i know you'd pick out that CJ - wow, here comes the old stuff again......face facts, Donny ARE bigger than us NOW(!) - they have more backing; both in terms of fianance & support, a brand new stadium and Championship football.

And yeah, beating Crewe, or Dundee United, or Preston, or Millwall or whoever to sign player is a big pat on the back for the club, coz i'd rather we beat them to signings than miss out on players, simple as

How did i know you'd pick out that CJ - wow, here comes the old stuff again......face facts, Donny ARE bigger than us NOW(!) - they have more backing; both in terms of fianance & support, a brand new stadium and Championship football.

And yeah, beating Crewe, or Dundee United, or Preston, or Millwall or whoever to sign player is a big pat on the back for the club, coz i'd rather we beat them to signings than miss out on players, simple as

Doncaster are not bigger than us; they are an historically smaller club from a similar-size town who are simply lucky enough to have an owner prepared to spend heavily. As I've said before, it won't be long before regulars on here will be 'patiently explaining why we can't compete with 'big clubs with massive fanbases' like Peterborough and MK Dons. As long as we continue to regard these clubs with awe the less likely it is that we will progress.

Doncaster are not bigger than us; they are an historically smaller club from a similar-size town who are simply lucky enough to have an owner prepared to spend heavily. As I've said before, it won't be long before regulars on here will be 'patiently explaining why we can't compete with 'big clubs with massive fanbases' like Peterborough and MK Dons. As long as we continue to regard these clubs with awe the less likely it is that we will progress.

I don't think we are in awe of these clubs (and these clubs include Doncaster), more a feeling of jealousy because we are unfortunate to be within 15 miles of 3 Premiership clubs (effectively 2) and 3 league clubs who impinge on our catchment area. What we have to do is be judicious in our financial dealings to compensate.

KEEP THE FAITH

Edited by mikejh45

I think it's fine the club announce whats going on without giving too much away. Shez has policy I believe of not announcing who he is after until the deal is done. Don't think he'd be happy either if the website said who he was trying to sign.

Only O'Grady and his agent really could have stopped this deal and there is nothing we can do about that at all.

Well the corp drops his H's.....

You talk about things like history but thats not all you have to take into account. If you have been to Doncaster recently or lived nearby you would realise that Doncaster on the whole is on the up not just the football team, while Oldham if anything is on the wane as a town. So there is no reason why they cant become a bigger club than us.