Extra respect for not putting money in Franchise's pockets, despite clearly being a bit of a groundhopper. Unfortunately I succumbed to the lure of a new ground and went to the hockey stadium - not proud of it but I did. I won't be going to the new ground. Colchester and Hereford will be my two new grounds next season.

I've been in the boardroom at Morton but it's not counted in my total figure as I've never seen a match there.

I'm the same as you, I did MKdonalds Hockey Stadium to get it in and I'm considering whether or not to go to there new bowl?! I may even go and watch the real Wimbledon instead of giving any money to Winkleman.

I've done 60 of the current 92 teams in the 08/09 season and only counting there current stadiums.

To try and clear this up, as far as I know the 92 Club requires you to have visited every current league ground for a competitive football match, though the teams playing are unimportant.

I think that's the only way they can do it so that the maximum total comes to 92 grounds. I've actually seen Latics on 97 different League grounds altogether (I.e. counting each ground that was a League ground at the time I went).

me personally think is now around 80 give or take one or two at the most that is watching tics - been to most of the grounds old and new where teams have moved. actually grounds well over 130+

i think my good buddy harrydowdsgreenshirt is on 90 of the current league grounds watching tics and well over 100 in doing so

dont think it counts unless see theboys play.

It all depends what terms of reference you use.

At the end of last season I had been on either the old or new ground of 89 teams including of course Boundary Park. That will drop this season by 2 to 87 as We lose Mansfield & Wrexham gaining Aldershot and Exeter.

There again you could say that I have done 100 grounds of the current 92 for season 2008/09. That's 87 teams plus 13 teams old grounds.

But then again that could be 110 with ex league teams now in the conference pyramid i.e. MANSFIELD, WREXHAM, CAMBRIDGE UNITED, TORQUAY, OXFORD UTD, YORK, HALIFAX SOUTHPORT, WIMBLEDON, RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS (Do they count as two teams/grounds :wink: )

Then theres non league teams we have played in the cup. i.e Burton Albion and Chasetown and Formby from the 1973/74 promotion and cup run season. Thats 113.

And finally, I think. St. Mirren in the Anglo Scottish cup on the Col Shaw booze cruise (Beardy eat your heart out) I do believe thats 114 that I can remember off the top of my head. And and thats all seeing Tics play.

There are of course other non league grounds that I have been on to see Latics play friendlies such as Stalybrdige, and I could add to that other grounds I have been just to to watch a non latics game, such as the Council House (Manchester City) Wembley, Millenium Stadium Cardiff, Nou Camp Barcelona, Stadium of Light Benfica.

So really we have had this discussion a number of times over the last year or so and if we are going to have it again maybe we need an OWTB rule as to how you class trying to visit the 92. I propose that it should be 1) It has to be a ground you have seen the tics on and 2) It can be either the old or present ground of 1 of the 92 :grin:

Cheers,

Harry.

And finally, I think. St. Mirren in the Anglo Scottish cup on the Col Shaw booze cruise (Beardy eat your heart out) I do believe thats 114 that I can remember off the top of my head. And and thats all seeing Tics play.

Cheers,

Harry.

You remember it, yet you still call it a booze cruise? :wink:

Funny you should say that, I was just thinking the same thing.

I've given over particularly wishing well of AFC Wimbledon, as I think they have benefitted hugely from the support and media coverage that naturally followed the theft of their club - not that I wish them ill or begrudge them that, but I think they are now in a very positive position compared to what their real oldschool super-duper-wuper fans will remember both in terms of League position and support, so I wish them no better than their rivals.

However.... I did pledge that I would go to one of their home games in response to some of their lads coming to BP to back us on the final day of the near relegation season, as some of them did to every game that was potentially affected, and I never did it yet. If you and/or Kev want to do it next season I'd be up for that, especially as it's now on 7 SW's away from my postcode :)

So really we have had this discussion a number of times over the last year or so and if we are going to have it again maybe we need an OWTB rule as to how you class trying to visit the 92. I propose that it should be 1) It has to be a ground you have seen the tics on and 2) It can be either the old or present ground of 1 of the 92 :grin:

Sounds a reasonable way to do it. I can't help it that I've never seen Latics at The Emirates, for example, so at least your method allows Highbury to be counted.

83 for me then, with the possibility of one more this season, Hereford.

If you and/or Kev want to do it next season I'd be up for that, especially as it's now on 7 SW's away from my postcode :)

Sounds good - once the fixtures are out we can see who AFCW play on the same day as our visit to Franchise.

No doubt it will be last game of the season, with something at stake - that would be a test of my principles.

Bloody respect to you mate !

When was the last time we played Bradford Park Avenue ? Also what memories of Morton do you have ? Did you also travel to St Mirren ?

We last played Bradford Park Avenue in 1969/1970 season, the same season Bradford P. A. finished

bottom of division 4 & applied for re-election but didn't get enough votes, they haven't. been in the

league since.

The thing I remember most about Morton was as I was about to go thro' the turnstyles this little jock

said something like 'gi us a peg' or something similar & a guy behind explained that if you could pick

him up & carry him thro' the turnstyles he could get in free ( one way of getting them young )

also having been reminded not included the great day out at Wemberly ( had some brill days out

watching Latics ) but that's up there with best.

I was once up to 71 but over the past decade despite adding at least 5 grounds have now gone down to 67 (ish)

I have been to the following grounds which are no longer league grounds.

MANSFIELD, BARROW, SCARBOROUGH, CAMBRIDGE UNITED, OXFORD UTD, WREXHAM,YORK, HALIFAX , SOUTHPORT, ALDERSHOT (do they count now?) and I'm sure I've missed some

my 8 year old has been to 6 away grounds and never seen us lose - she thinks going away is a piece of p***. I am prepared to lease her to those of you who go on the long trips but she is high maintenance - drink, pie , progie and a souvenir at the very least.

I was once up to 71 but over the past decade despite adding at least 5 grounds have now gone down to 67 (ish)

I have been to the following grounds which are no longer league grounds.

MANSFIELD, BARROW, SCARBOROUGH, CAMBRIDGE UNITED, OXFORD UTD, WREXHAM,YORK, HALIFAX , SOUTHPORT, ALDERSHOT (do they count now?) and I'm sure I've missed some

62 For me

Workington ( what a place that was)

I've done 77 of the current 92 league clubs (either old or new grounds and most with Latics).

Ones I'm missing are:-

Middlesbrough

Wigan

Norwich

Plymouth

Preston

Swansea

Leicester

Millwall

Aldershot

Bury

Chester

Dagenham & Redbridge

Macclesfield

Morecambe

Wycombe

Surely I get to keep that one? I saw Bon Jovi play there.

I have 59 according to the Facebook app. Does watching U2 at COMS count?!?! :grin:

Most of my time watching Latics was in the old Second Division - together with a brief affair with the "elite" in First Div/Prem. And I've missed out on a lot by leaving the UK a season before we went down to the old Third Division ("League One"). There, that's enough excuses... :D

44 according to my maths !!!!!!! mostly with the bloke above at the same time. Working Saturdays didnt help but ... I skived once or twice .. Sheff utd away won 5 0 and got out of work by mixing my own special sick mixture of cornflakes milk coffee and bread and hurling it over the table :grin: