Because a hand full of people are ok with it they think its ok to continue....

In my eyes if it causing more than a handful of people a problem it should be stopped.....

I stand here ready to be correct though...

don't stand to long though as Santa will get ya :lol:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget our blue 40 - or LDB senior - tells his lad to drum as loud as he can and sit where he wants, and then fecks off to the far corner of the chaddy ! priceless !. If he is so keen on LDB percussion skills, perhaps he should sit next to him and chaperone him at all times - perhaps he just might slightly change his views then - NIMBY !! priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean I really need to check my posts :blink:

oh dear you upsetting people again,lol

your barking up the wrong tree and chewing the very wrong end of the stick regarding oafc-lover......i can personally vouch for him being one of the nicest most sincerest blokes i have ever known,but wont suffer fools gladly.if you saw him face to face you would shrivel my friend.......can i suggest you keep the cattyness to yourself and debate the question in hand.....

put it this way...the drum has friends and enemys....but if the drum was seriosly costing the club lost revenue in season tickets and so on,then it should go....

isnt that a better debate than a cat fight???

your barking up the wrong tree and chewing the very wrong end of the stick regarding oafc-lover......i can personally vouch for him being one of the nicest most sincerest blokes i have ever known,but wont suffer fools gladly.if you saw him face to face you would shrivel my friend.......can i suggest you keep the cattyness to yourself and debate the question in hand.....

put it this way...the drum has friends and enemys....but if the drum was seriosly costing the club lost revenue in season tickets and so on,then it should go....

I think it's a different oafc-lover, ed and not the original Mikey B one from years ago. The email address in the oafc lover on this thread's profile kind of gives it away. :wink:

I'd of echoed your sentiments regarding the original oafc lover (afterall, I can safely guarentee there's no one in the stands who will have put more in the Ernie collection buckets than him at the benefit game..

I'm not entirely sure Mike's even registered on here.

1, oafc_lover is a 15 year old kid mate....

2, I also dont suffer fools....

3, I feel sorry for the real guy your refering to because if you can be fold into thinking those posts came from him and he is as mature as oafc_lover then your description of him dosent ring true. He started the nastyness....but like always your very selective with what you take from posts..

Trot on :D

Edited by oafc0000

Guest oa_exile
lol :grin: Quality ! in fact PMSL ! :lol: you really need to check your posts :grin::grin:

What do you mean I really need to check my posts :blink:

As i said ..........

Because a hand full of people are ok with it they think its ok to continue....

In my eyes if it causing more than a handful of people a problem it should be stopped.....

I stand here ready to be correct though...

............and are you still standing ? ready to be correct ? :grin:

Edited by oa_exile

1, oafc_lover is a 15 year old kid mate....

2, I also dont suffer fools....

3, I feel sorry for the real guy your refering to because if you can be fold into thinking those posts came from him and he is as mature as oafc_lover then your description of him dosent ring true. He started the nastyness....but like always your very selective with what you take from posts..

Trot on :D

Actually I'm 16 :) and I'd like to think I'm quite mature for my age thankyou very much.

By the way...how did you know how old I am? :S

Personally not overly bothered about an oppo drum - that'll be far enough away. (As will ours if he's not in the same block)

But fair point on potential clashes!

I have been in the RRE for years now and remember clearly a visit from Sheff Wed a few years back. The Tyke drummer bashed his drum for all he was worth and believe me that after 30 minutes or so my ears where bloody killing me even though we where sat in the small section for that game. Personally I dont want the drum and it seems more people dont want it that do.

Guest oa_exile
Actually I'm 16 :) and I'd like to think I'm quite mature for my age thankyou very much.

By the way...how did you know how old I am? :S

You are still a little wet behind the ears though :lol: check you profile , it does not take Sherlock Holmes never mind oafc0000 to work it out :wink:

are away fans allowed to bring a drum to BP?

and i dont know if you know this, but at birmingham (i believe) they have given a section to all those who are "singers", maybe BP should do the same. or maybe you should give him a little section like they have done at blackpool

I think it's a different oafc-lover, ed and not the original Mikey B one from years ago. The email address in the oafc lover on this thread's profile kind of gives it away. :wink:

I'd of echoed your sentiments regarding the original oafc lover (afterall, I can safely guarentee there's no one in the stands who will have put more in the Ernie collection buckets than him at the benefit game..

I'm not entirely sure Mike's even registered on here.

cheers for that rocky....didnt really check,been a busy boozy week,lol

dont forget our blue 40 - or LDB senior - tells his lad to drum as loud as he can and sit where he wants, and then fecks off to the far corner of the chaddy ! priceless !. If he is so keen on LDB percussion skills, perhaps he should sit next to him and chaperone him at all times - perhaps he just might slightly change his views then - NIMBY !! priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he doesn't like sitting next to the drum and so moves somewhere else where it won't be quite as loud, seems pretty sensible to me. If you don't want to be sat near a drum then move, just because some people don't like it doesn't mean it should be banned or they should be able to tell him where to sit. Some people don't like people standing up during a game but dare say anything to them (and im sure they include some people of here who keep moaning at the drummer) and all you get is a mouthful of abuse back. Not everyone is going to agree about everything, but the club say its ok for him to bring a drum next season and keep arguing about it isn't going to change that.

... i dont know if you know this, but at birmingham (i believe) they have given a section to all those who are "singers", maybe BP should do the same...

I've been advocating this for years but people just laugh whenever I suggest it! Good to see Birmingham taking the initiative.

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1319636,00.html

coz every time i look on this so called 'fans site ' (of which me and my lad are two of the most loyal home and away)theres always someone havin a moan about 'the drummer' i just wish you would all get over it and get a life !!!!!!!!!! this site is now being deleted from my pc and my lad and myself will no longer be visiting or posting again see ya,ll K.T.F. :dead:

Big loss

Burnley have been holding interviews and auditions for club drummers to enhance the area which will be situated in blocks NU2 & NU3 of the Longside Upper. They're also setting up their own cheerleader group in the style of those in the U.S. as distinct from our Blue Crew dancing troupe.

Also over at Notlob, the "12th man" factor, which Gary Megson and his players are convinced played a major part in the battle for Greedy League survival, has prompted Wanderers to create a dedicated singing section at the Reebok.

Pretty soon there will be no hiding place from those who are anti. Singing and drumming has taken over from garlic bread as the future. :chubb:

So he doesn't like sitting next to the drum and so moves somewhere else where it won't be quite as loud, seems pretty sensible to me. If you don't want to be sat near a drum then move, just because some people don't like it doesn't mean it should be banned or they should be able to tell him where to sit. Some people don't like people standing up during a game but dare say anything to them (and im sure they include some people of here who keep moaning at the drummer) and all you get is a mouthful of abuse back. Not everyone is going to agree about everything, but the club say its ok for him to bring a drum next season and keep arguing about it isn't going to change that.

The point with some of the other drums that have been mentioned inc the potential Burnley drum is that as I understand it esp with the established ones at Blackburn and Blackpool everyone knows exactly where they will be every game (for the whole season+) as the clubs have allowed them in in specified seats. In Blackburn's case this is at the front row, where the guy has been for years now, and at Blackpool it's the same top corner (where him standing due to the drum doesn't affect anyones view).

Having been in the chaddy when he first brought the drum (in my long-term seats) the first season was v frustrating as he moved each and every game. Last season he stayed in his seats - no problem as far as I'm concerned, even though I'm not a fan of the drum. And that for me is the key. The club aren't going to please everyone, but at least by taking the lead in terms of saying 'this is the drum area' this annoying debate wouldn't keep going on. That's exactly what Burnley have done - they've selected an area of the ground (where most of the singing naturally starts), publicised it as the new 'unofficial' singing area and then again publicised that they are looking to put a drummer in there. Gemma06 is right, the decision to allow the drummer in has been taken, lets see how it actually pans out and then allow some review as to whether it goes or stays. The drummer seems like he is willing to try and please so I'm sure if things needed to be adjusted through the season he would be willing to give it a go.

I got this from Alan Hardy on Tuesday,

Kyle

The drummer has not yet purchased a season ticket but tells me he intends to go in the Rochdale Road End.

We will insist he is positioned so as to cause the least annoyance to the fans so I would suggest you do nothing yet as it may result in us moving him back to the Chaddy.

Alan