I got this from Alan Hardy on Tuesday,

Kyle

The drummer has not yet purchased a season ticket but tells me he intends to go in the Rochdale Road End.

We will insist he is positioned so as to cause the least annoyance to the fans so I would suggest you do nothing yet as it may result in us moving him back to the Chaddy.

Alan

What did you send to Alan in the first place? I don't understand what he is getting at with "do nothing.....result in moving him back...."

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you send to Alan in the first place? I don't understand what he is getting at with "do nothing.....result in moving him back...."

I presume AH is advising Kyle not to go in the Chaddy, in case it doesn't work out with LDB in the RRE and he is asked to move back?

Basically he's saying if it doesn't work out in the rocky and they get complaints he's going to look at relocating him, maybe back to the chaddy.

In my e-mail I said if I find out he's sat next to me and he insists on playing the drum causing annoyance then I will request a move.

I am for the drum in principle but only if its correctly located. I was looking forward to the atmosphere in the rocky but was hopeful that the drummer would stay where he was, in kiddies corner. lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Burnley have been holding interviews and auditions for club drummers to enhance the area which will be situated in blocks NU2 & NU3 of the Longside Upper. They're also setting up their own cheerleader group in the style of those in the U.S. as distinct from our Blue Crew dancing troupe.

Also over at Notlob, the "12th man" factor, which Gary Megson and his players are convinced played a major part in the battle for Greedy League survival, has prompted Wanderers to create a dedicated singing section at the Reebok.

Pretty soon there will be no hiding place from those who are anti. Singing and drumming has taken over from garlic bread as the future. :chubb:

I think Claret and blue is Josh's colour :grin:

Basically he's saying if it doesn't work out in the rocky and they get complaints he's going to look at relocating him, maybe back to the chaddy.

In my e-mail I said if I find out he's sat next to me and he insists on playing the drum causing annoyance then I will request a move.

I am for the drum in principle but only if its correctly located. I was looking forward to the atmosphere in the rocky but was hopeful that the drummer would stay where he was, in kiddies corner. lol

Well, if he ends up sitting next to me, I'll just knock him out :boxer:

Only joking.....before the politically correct get on my case......

I'd ask him politely to move somewhere else.

THEN if he didn't move - I'd knock him out :laught16:

Well, if he ends up sitting next to me, I'll just knock him out :boxer:

Only joking.....before the politically correct get on my case......

I'd ask him politely to move somewhere else.

THEN if he didn't move - I'd knock him out :laught16:

Sounds good to me...:)

Aren't all the season tickets unreserved in the RRE? Just find a seat that isn't near the drum and it shouldn't be a problem?

No, about half are reserved for ST holders (hope I'm one of them, was borderline with the application deadline :unsure: ) so that they can definitely fit in the smaller section when we play Dirty Leeds and anyone big in the Cup. The rest are unreserved

Have we had a poll on the drum??

I wouldn't know because I dont tend to bother reading things like drum threads.....but my two penn'orth is that if it's anywhere near me I'l be livid.

I can see it now. :angry:

There were two polls, both from memory indicated a 70/30 ish majority who preferred a lack of drumming. I guess the problem is that the club can't afford to have either side of that balance unhappy.

There were two polls, both from memory indicated a 70/30 ish majority who preferred a lack of drumming. I guess the problem is that the club can't afford to have either side of that balance unhappy.

But the heavier side of the balance is unhappy. I dont mind the drum really but I think the lad should be allowed it in one particular seat - I would suggest the top corner to the left as you look at the Rocky from the Chaddy.

Burnley have been holding interviews and auditions for club drummers to enhance the area which will be situated in blocks NU2 & NU3 of the Longside Upper. They're also setting up their own cheerleader group in the style of those in the U.S. as distinct from our Blue Crew dancing troupe.

Also over at Notlob, the "12th man" factor, which Gary Megson and his players are convinced played a major part in the battle for Greedy League survival, has prompted Wanderers to create a dedicated singing section at the Reebok.

Pretty soon there will be no hiding place from those who are anti. Singing and drumming has taken over from garlic bread as the future. :chubb:

I thought Burnley had decided against a drummer? I'm sure they did a poll and most people voted against so they decided not to have one

In fact they did - http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.c...1297433,00.html

Have they changed their mind now? If so my mate whos a season ticket holder there will be less than impressed he hated ours when i dragged him to a couple of games last season

Edited by Gemma06

I thought Burnley had decided against a drummer? I'm sure they did a poll and most people voted against so they decided not to have one

In fact they did - http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.c...1297433,00.html

Have they changed their mind now? If so my mate whos a season ticket holder there will be less than impressed he hated ours when i dragged him to a couple of games last season

My guess is if you extended that sort of poll across the whole of the football league you would get a similar reaction....

Im all up for singing etc....but some silly little boy banging his drum down my ear for 90 mins is not fun.....

My guess is most the people who are "ok" with it.....have'nt actaully been sat in front of him when he is playing with his little toy.....

Edited by oafc0000

Anyone who brings a drum to a football match has a personality disorder. And anyone who thinks it's good is a moron. Burn it.

I like the drum = you think I'm a moron = I think you're :censored:e reporter in drag. QED.

Opinions, opinions.

I like the drum = you think I'm a moron = I think you're :censored:e reporter in drag. QED.

Opinions, opinions.

You also sit in the lookers upper acording to your profile.... Try sitting next to the drum in the chaddy and then form an opinion.....

Anyone who brings a drum to a football match has a personality disorder. And anyone who thinks it's good is a moron. Burn it.

So you think I'm a moron do you?

Well, given that I have never found a single tiny thing to agree with in any of your posts, ever, I think I can live with that. :lol: