Try sitting next to the drum in the chaddy and then form an opinion.....

I sat in the Lookers Upper. Does that absolve me of the right to have an opinion too?

I did sit directly in front of the drummer at Doncaster as it happens. Now I wouldn't like to be that close every game, but I survived.

I simply cannot believe the whiners and moaners are keeping this thread going this long. You will NOT get the drum banned, and you will achieve NOTHING until we get into the season and we all know where the drummer is.

It strikes me that the ones who are desperately trying to keep the controversy bubbling are the ones with personality disorders. Can't you just give it a feckin rest for a couple of months and enjoy the summer?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat in the Lookers Upper. Does that absolve me of the right to have an opinion too?

I did sit directly in front of the drummer at Doncaster as it happens. Now I wouldn't like to be that close every game, but I survived.

I simply cannot believe the whiners and moaners are keeping this thread going this long. You will NOT get the drum banned, and you will achieve NOTHING until we get into the season and we all know where the drummer is.

It strikes me that the ones who are desperately trying to keep the controversy bubbling are the ones with personality disorders. Can't you just give it a feckin rest for a couple of months and enjoy the summer?

I was not suggesting it absolves anyone from an opinion.....just that opinion may well drastically change if you actually experienced what it is like for someone sat next to it.....

Yeah you survived...but like you said...you wouldnt like to have to survive week in week out.....

I was not suggesting it absolves anyone from an opinion.....just that opinion may well drastically change if you actually experienced what it is like for someone sat next to it.....

Yeah you survived...but like you said...you wouldnt like to have to survive week in week out.....

Well he can't be that close to everybody...

Well he can't be that close to everybody...

Yeah for me someone who sits in the lookers or main stand turnign around to me saying....oh shut up moaning, i like the drum....really isnt aware of just how unenjoyable it is for the people sat around it.....

Its like the kids dad....let him play it....just as he walks to the otherside of the chaddy!

Edited by oafc0000

You also sit in the lookers upper acording to your profile.... Try sitting next to the drum in the chaddy and then form an opinion.....

Because I sit in the Lookers Upper means that I have never sat next to a drum - and therefore I am not in a position to make an opinion?

How you get to that conclusion is beyond me! :lol:

Because I sit in the Lookers Upper means that I have never sat next to a drum - and therefore I am not in a position to make an opinion?

How you get to that conclusion is beyond me! :lol:

If you had read my post properly you would of seen I said...sit next to the drummer and then form an opinion....which you have done...fair enough....

If you had read my post properly you would of seen I said...sit next to the drummer and then form an opinion....which you have done...fair enough....

Is the drummer going to be in the Chaddy or RRE next year?

I did read your post properly. I can hardly comment on what you've not posted! :lol:

I'm no drummer, percussionist (etc) but a great big drum is indeed a great big drum - and I've been in the vicinity of quite a few similar instruments at sporting events. The atmosphere was brilliant. So yes, I can comment. :bored:

Perhaps it's not the drum but the fans, I yearn for a continental approach to supporting our team.

I did read your post properly. I can hardly comment on what you've not posted! :lol:

I'm no drummer, percussionist (etc) but a great big drum is indeed a great big drum - and I've been in the vicinity of quite a few similar instruments at sporting events. The atmosphere was brilliant. So yes, I can comment. :bored:

Perhaps it's not the drum but the fans, I yearn for a continental approach to supporting our team.

the trouble with continental style supporters is that this is oldham...not barcelona or real madrid,or some other foreign team where the sunshines constantly and people are nice and relaxed and more inclined to chill out and partake in singing dancing and whatever else they do.....

people come straight from work in the middle of november having worked anything upto 12 hours on machinery and so on and the very last thing that they want is someone banging a drum down there lugole whilst trying to eat a pie and watch a game of footy.....

its horses for courses......

ok....ok....now your clearly an idiot :lol:

Im not saying that people cant have an opinon.....just that some people holding an opinion at the moment havent nessciarly know what its like to sit next to one.....and how there opinion might vary if they did try sitting next to it......

This isnt saying someone cant have an opinion :D

the trouble with continental style supporters is that this is oldham...not barcelona or real madrid,or some other foreign team where the sunshines constantly and people are nice and relaxed and more inclined to chill out and partake in singing dancing and whatever else they do.....

people come straight from work in the middle of november having worked anything upto 12 hours on machinery and so on and the very last thing that they want is someone banging a drum down there lugole whilst trying to eat a pie and watch a game of footy.....

its horses for courses......

It's not just a Mediterranean thing though Ed. I think it's just the outlook of the UK fans, we are so grey about our footy.

And of course, the UK is the only place where football fans work machinery.

ok....ok....now your clearly an idiot :lol:

You are clearly oblivious to where this might lead to you dunce.

I'm no drummer, percussionist (etc) but a great big drum is indeed a great big drum - and I've been in the vicinity of quite a few similar instruments at sporting events. The atmosphere was brilliant. So yes, I can comment.

Which part of that don't you understand?

Edited by rummytheowl

It's not just a Mediterranean thing though Ed. I think it's just the outlook of the UK fans, we are so grey about our footy.

And of course, the UK is the only place where football fans work machinery.

of course it is,lol

it was meant as a counter to your more continental style approach...

the trouble is in the uk it really is black and white.the most you get at games is singing and clapping,there are one or two exceptions of course and a party atmosphere is present and makes for a great match experience.

but most football fans just want to watch the game cheer occasionally and call the ref a w@nker!!!

one of the best games i have witnessed was in majorca a few years ago..there was singing clapping drums trumpets hooters scarf waving and so on for the most of the game,it was a fantastic experience and the team responded accordingly.....

just over here it will never happen,people are too stuck in there ways and creatures of habit,and not receptive to change.

the trouble is in the uk it really is black and white.the most you get at games is singing and clapping,there are one or two exceptions of course and a party atmosphere is present and makes for a great match experience.

but most football fans just want to watch the game cheer occasionally and call the ref a w@nker!!!

one of the best games i have witnessed was in majorca a few years ago..there was singing clapping drums trumpets hooters scarf waving and so on for the most of the game,it was a fantastic experience and the team responded accordingly.....

just over here it will never happen,people are too stuck in there ways and creatures of habit,and not receptive to change.

Good retort. You've probably nailed it there Ed.

If you had read my post properly

Which I had done in the first bloody place.

you would of seen I said...sit next to the drummer and then form an opinion....which you have done...fair enough....

Which makes no sense whatsoever in complete context. In one sentence you are questioning whether or not I understood you post, in the next you accept my reply to your post.

You're all over the place! :lol:

I hate keyboard warriors, I get the red mist.

Which I had done in the first bloody place.

Which makes no sense whatsoever in complete context. In one sentence you are questioning whether or not I understood you post, in the next you accept my reply to your post.

You're all over the place! :lol:

I hate keyboard warriors, I get the red mist.

3700+ posts since Jan 2007 and your calling me a keyboard warrior :lol:

3700+ posts since Jan 2007 and your calling me a keyboard warrior :lol:

It's not the quantity of posts, it's the content. Considering my connections to the site in the past, I'm more likely to have a higher post count.

Swaggering around calling people idiots is a keyboard warrior in my book. You are a keyboard warrior. All mouth and no backup.

It's not the quantity of posts, it's the content. Considering my connections to the site in the past, I'm more likely to have a higher post count.

Swaggering around calling people idiots is a keyboard warrior in my book. You are a keyboard warrior. All mouth and no backup.

:lol: I shouldnt of called you an idiot I applogise....

As for all mouth and no backup that certainly isnt the case.....:) I backup all my points!

Now put your dummy back in :)

Edited by oafc0000

:lol: I shouldnt of called you an idiot I applogise....

As for all mouth and no backup that certainly isnt the case.....:) I backup all my points!

Now put your dummy back in :)

Apology accepted. I apologise for calling you a dunce.

I meant backup with respect to insults. Calling someone an idiot on a messageboard is just a cowards act in my world. One could expect an incident if they where to call me face to face.

Let's just call it a day...