Anthony Elding

Been released by Leeds. Bought for around £400k from Stockport where he scored goals for fun, surely worth a punt on a free ?

We might have enough strikers now and by going to Leeds I don't think his wages will be so cheap anymore. Worth looking at but I don't think we need to be looking for another striker.

Been released by Leeds. Bought for around £400k from Stockport where he scored goals for fun, surely worth a punt on a free ?

Just checked wikipedia....He was signed on Jan 31st, just 2 days after Gary McCallister took over as manager.

Probably all sorted before he arrived but in how many proffessions could you get away with mistakes like that.

He's effectively been a Leeds player for 4 months, if what's been stated on this site is true, and the fee was £,400,000, then that works out at about £28,000 a week including wages and they're letting him go for nowt...........unbelievable!!!!!!!

when I've gone to watch Stockport a couple of times after his move to Leeds he's been there (stood next to me in the toilets once), plus according to one of my mates he's been present at away games, theres only one place he'll be heading IMO

Edited by Tommy_Fent

when I've gone to watch Stockport a couple of times after his move to Leeds he's been there (stood next to me in the toilets once), plus according to one of my mates he's been present at away games, theres only one place he'll be heading IMO

Ohhh I bet that was exciting. Did you talk to him, you know when he was stood next to you in the toilets. I bet that was a wonderful experience!!! Sorry I couldn't resist a dig, but you just set yourself up for that one. :lol:

Ohhh I bet that was exciting. Did you talk to him, you know when he was stood next to you in the toilets. I bet that was a wonderful experience!!! Sorry I couldn't resist a dig, but you just set yourself up for that one. :lol:

Bet he snook a quite glance, didn't he? Damn toilet traders.

I've heard he has bought himself out of the contract so he Leeds would not have paid THAT much. Also i think im right in thinking the fee was £250k rising to £400k so it probably wont rise to that seeing as he never played for them. He trebled what he was on at county when he went ther so i would guess around £4,000 - £5,000 a week.