Trips North To "Engage" Our Caledonian Cousins.......

Guest oa_exile
hearts was the anglo scottish cup.

hibs game was part of the goram transfer...i think.

You are probably right , the Hearts game was deffo the anglo scottish cup and the Hibs game makes sense also.

The early 80's was a bit of a haze to be honest :)

Even the linesmen thought that Scottish ref had a hidden agenda. :wink: Perhaps it was something to do with a chip on the ref's shouder ever since the Russian linesman in '66 - I_C will let us know. :grin:

You are the one with the paranoid conspiracy theories Diego.

I'm happy to keep highlighting salient facts to disprove such flights of fantasy though if you ask nicely.

:)

As for that particular match, if it were a League game, Henry would have been sent off but the decision in the first minute of a friendly was a bit of a joke and totally spoiled the game as a competitive affair.

You are probably right , the Hearts game was deffo the anglo scottish cup and the Hibs game makes sense also.

The early 80's was a bit of a haze to be honest :)

Hearts was the Texaco Cup, all sorts on this site, inc Anglo Scot and Anglo Italian games

Anorak

Couple of us drove up to Clyde last season for the friendly ( Not John Thompsons best game for us ) There are also some more people that went over to Ireland when we played friendlys there in 2004 ???

Not forgetting those who travelled abroad to watch our games in the last 70' and 80's

:shock:

When has he had a best game lol

i remember them down at BP in a pre-season friendly and they wrecked the place.

date definately escapes me-mid-late 80's ?? :blink:

I remember the Hibs wrecking tour. Think it was the late 80s. Also think Hibs fans didn't know the definition of "friendly"... :grin:

Friendly fire, maybe.

In a seperate post KLatics4Ever talks about journeys to Greenock to watch Latics in the Anglo Scottish Cup, 78ish.

Anybody else travelled to these far- flung places (St. Mirren is another) in what must surely has been a tiny but quality support.

Personally remember Burnley stuffing us in the home leg of the Final, did anybody bother turning up for the return leg which ironically we won.

Very, very interested.

We did in fact take a very good following to Burnley that year,well before the Bandwaggon Jumpers joined us and left us in equal numbers.

We did in fact take a very good following to Burnley that year,well before the Bandwaggon Jumpers joined us and left us in equal numbers.

Just thinking was it that second leg where a Latics fan got a dart in the head for his trouble, or was that another game over there at the Clorets, or have I imagined that all these years?

I do know that Celtic took Turf Moor apart in the semi final, using the fence railings as spears at one stage. I know this cos my mates Dad refused point blank to take us if we played Celtic in the final!

Just thinking was it that second leg where a Latics fan got a dart in the head for his trouble, or was that another game over there at the Clorets, or have I imagined that all these years?

I do know that Celtic took Turf Moor apart in the semi final, using the fence railings as spears at one stage. I know this cos my mates Dad refused point blank to take us if we played Celtic in the final!

No,the match Dave "Nutty Hazelhurst got the dart in his head was a saturday League match,a week after Celtic ran riot there.

Nutty said the dart caused no permenent damage but as he later went on to support City I would say that was debatable???

No,the match Dave "Nutty Hazelhurst got the dart in his head was a saturday League match,a week after Celtic ran riot there.

Nutty said the dart caused no permenent damage but as he later went on to support City I would say that was debatable???

Ahhhh I knew it had happened sometime.

Changing allegiance to Citeh from Latics, thats more than flamin' nutty, more like certifiable!

Edited by StipeTripe