Season Ticket refund

On Friday I was talking to a 8 year Ford Stand season ticket holder who had just returned from the club having got a refund on their season ticket.

The ticket was bought as soon as they went on sale and the position of the drum was a major factor into purchasing a ST in the RRE - especially Mr Sweatman originall stated on these boards that he was to stay in the Chaddy End.

AH has assured them that the drummer will have to be in the closest block to the away fans (I) and if there are complaints that he will have to re-locate back to the chaddy end.

After much thought and reading of the many posts on the topic they where that cheesed off by the problems this is causing that not only did they not want to sit in the RRE with it but theu didnt want to go at all next season.

Wonder how many more have been refunded or not bought at all?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of someone else who at this time has not bought a ST due to the drummer but I feel it is a bit OTT that someone will not go back at all next season due to this problem !

Other stands are available to sit and watch the match without the conflict of deafness and poor rhythm from the drummer and as an Oldham Trust director I will bring up any fans issue with the drummer or any other factor with the right people at the club .

I think we all have to give this situation time to sort itself out one way or another, if it causes a problem it will be dealt with by the club. We now have only 3 stands at BP there is room for everyone still who wants to watch Oldham Athletic .

Well next season is going to be completely different to previous seasons with the drum...Josh has said to me he's read the posts on OWTB and giving it thought he can understand everyones point of view. Therefore...he will play the drum only when needed and not constand banging, he will also try to keep a good rhythm etc as many people have made points about his 'lack of rhythm'...basically, he is going to be mature and proffessional about it next season and try to please everyone (if that is actually possible)

I say the above because I don't want people to not renew/purchase a season ticket next season because they think it will be another 'pain in the ear' week in week out...because it won't.

People commented on how they thought the drum was excellent at Crewe this season and Josh knows exactly what he did differently and he is prepared to do exactly what he did there.

I hope this stops people from not renewing season tickets because it saddens me and I'm sure other fans to see/hear of people not buying ST's next season.

On Friday I was talking to a 8 year Ford Stand season ticket holder who had just returned from the club having got a refund on their season ticket.

The ticket was bought as soon as they went on sale and the position of the drum was a major factor into purchasing a ST in the RRE - especially Mr Sweatman originall stated on these boards that he was to stay in the Chaddy End.

AH has assured them that the drummer will have to be in the closest block to the away fans (I) and if there are complaints that he will have to re-locate back to the chaddy end.

After much thought and reading of the many posts on the topic they where that cheesed off by the problems this is causing that not only did they not want to sit in the RRE with it but theu didnt want to go at all next season.

Very few I would think, or at least I'd certainly hope.

I've stayed completely quiet on this subject because it invariably gets so heated. Frankly though, I'm amazed that anyone would choose not to watch Latics at all because of the drummer. I can fully sympathise with those that don't want to sit next to the guy; having said that, he's been around for a couple of years now and, whatever you think of him, you do expect him to be in the ground - somewhere. The demolition of the Broadway stand has produced a one-off situation in terms of people moving from different parts of the ground, across to others - many that weren't previously in the Broadway stand have chosen to join those heading into the RRE, to give it a try. The drummer is entitled to move - providing the club let him take his drum into other areas of the ground.

The club have acted on people's sensitivity over this matter and appealed for the guy to let them know where he intends to sit, in order that season ticket purchasers can make an informed decision. He, in turn, has obliged - good on him for that. I would like to bet that the majority of clubs would not have gone to these lengths.

Like I say, I fully appreciate that a lot people won't want to sit in the vicinity of the drum, but I'm certain the club would have moved the guy in question rather than refunded his ticket.

I suppose they'll just have to live with the fact that they can't please all of the people all of the time.

Anyone who isn't going because of a drum is a cock. Just change stands FFS.

I would also think it's very few, certainly in comparison to those who have lapsed over the last few seasons because the atmosphere at home games is grim. Even long-term home and away diehards have commented that home games are rarely fun any more. The move to the RRE is an opportunity to reverse this. Hopefully, through discussion on here and common sense all round at the first few home games, a solution can be reached that enhances the BP experience for everyone.

I can't believe that...surely there's gotta be more to it than the drum...risking getting pelters here, but you've gotta question the loyalty of guy if he's not bothering anymore because of a drum...a bloody drum....you'd just move stands wouldn't you ?!

Where were these people in the 89 - 93 period when the ground was deafening on many many many ocassions ?? Were they moaning then at the air horns that used to blown etc etc

Where were these people in the 89 - 93 period when the ground was deafening on many many many ocassions ?? Were they moaning then at the air horns that used to blown etc etc

I think the answer to your question is yes, they were there, and yes, they were moaning. It's just that we couldn't hear them as much because there were far more people actually getting behind the team.

I can't believe that...surely there's gotta be more to it than the drum...risking getting pelters here, but you've gotta question the loyalty of guy if he's not bothering anymore because of a drum...a bloody drum....you'd just move stands wouldn't you ?!

You have a good point there, if theres anything worse than a drum it's an air horn. Me and my mate have had a discussion and if it turns out we're sat too close to the drummer we will move. I don't understand why people don't have the same idea

Well next season is going to be completely different to previous seasons with the drum...Josh has said to me he's read the posts on OWTB and giving it thought he can understand everyones point of view. Therefore...he will play the drum only when needed and not constand banging, he will also try to keep a good rhythm etc as many people have made points about his 'lack of rhythm'...basically, he is going to be mature and proffessional about it next season and try to please everyone (if that is actually possible)

I say the above because I don't want people to not renew/purchase a season ticket next season because they think it will be another 'pain in the ear' week in week out...because it won't.

People commented on how they thought the drum was excellent at Crewe this season and Josh knows exactly what he did differently and he is prepared to do exactly what he did there.

I hope this stops people from not renewing season tickets because it saddens me and I'm sure other fans to see/hear of people not buying ST's next season.

Good news that, I go to very few home games so it doesn;t affect me, but it appeared at first he seemed to be revelling in the notoriety of it all or at least concentrating on the people saying comments not what was being said.

Glad to hear he is not.

I tihnk if he does what he says, he will actually become somting we are proud of, or at most appreciate.

Good luck to him/you if you are reading. Bit of subtlety never hurt anyone,

Edited by singe

Anyone who isn't going because of a drum is a cock. Just change stands FFS.

ok,so instead of a refund he is given an alternative option in the chaddy end.......he thinks why should i come out of the newest best visible stand and go to sit in the archaic chaddy end......but he goes.......7 or 8 games into the season the rrre is well and truly fed up of the drum,the club then ask the drum to relocate back to the chaddy end......so now the blokes back at square one....what does he do.....ask the club to go back to the rre,put up with the drum,move again etc.......

some people may see this as totally petty and innapropriate action to cancel your season ticket........but like i have said many many times before,people should be entitled to watch there game of football however they see fit,and if the drum is actually costing the club money,and fans regardless of how stupid and childish they may look,the club should act and ban the drum......

just another 'excuse' why not to go!

why not move to another stand???

people like this will drag this club under!

who ever they are, are welcome to park their fat arris in their arm chair and watch whatever premier league game is on the tv when we are watching this great team of ours...

but please! have the decency to not bother turning up when we open the gates for free......

disgusted and yeah ....... full of ale! but i reckon i'm sober enough to know right from wrong!!

Guest sheridans_world

There are two other stands you can choose from, people choosing not to renew/getting a refund are not OAFC fans if it is because of LDB.

IMO, the club has dropped a bollock by saying 'if it doesnt work in the RRE, we'll move him back to the chaddy.'

If it doesnt work in the RRE, his drum should be banned.

Pathetic.

just another 'excuse' why not to go!

why not move to another stand???

people like this will drag this club under!

who ever they are, are welcome to park their fat arris in their arm chair and watch whatever premier league game is on the tv when we are watching this great team of ours...

but please! have the decency to not bother turning up when we open the gates for free......

disgusted and yeah ....... full of ale! but i reckon i'm sober enough to know right from wrong!!

Good point well made (however leathered you are :wink: ),the last time they had free admission i got to the ground well before 2pm and couldn't get in. Wondered where they all went at the next game.

No way is the drum that loud that it'd ruin the match if you were sat in another stand. I can't afford to go to every game so if anyone in the RRE is really that bothered by the drum they can give me their season ticket. Honestly,is this what football's come to? People stopping going to the match because 'it's too loud'?

Can't believe that somebody would not even go to Tics and request a refund, BUT i have relocated to the RRE and i DO NOT want a friggin drum banging in my ear game after game after game, even if he has got new methods.

All i will say is that it is easy to say "move somewhere else" but i ask the question, would YOU move from your chosen seat if the guy with the drum sat next to you?

I follow Tics home and away week after week, month after month, year after year and support my team vocally through thick and thin and i do not need a drum to get me going.

Call me what you want but if i have that thing near me next season I will be the first to complain.

Sing, cheer, clap, roar, chant has worked for years, we the fans can make the noise, we do not need a bloody drum. We all know the songs so just sing your hearts out, as me, my family and friends will for every game to show our true support for our Boys In Blue.

Before anybody condems anybody else about the drum, put your hand on your heart and say that you would be happy and proud to have drummer boy sat in the very next seat to you for every home game next season.

As I've said, I will be there come what may. But to suppose that people's objections are only down to the noise level or not liking the drum is really a little simplistic. It's down to the facts that people know and experienced from last season. I dread a repeat of the incident that occured last season, and resulted in a family of 7 ST holders not feeling able to go back to the ground following allegations made to the Police against a long standing fan. A lot of people who felt the same way as him about the drumming and saw what happened when he tried to be reasonable about it are obviously going to be concerned about what is going to happen this time round, especially as there are some people from the Lookers who probably wouldn't be so polite as that guy was. There is a limit to how far the large majority of people will consent to inconvenience themselves to accomodate the anti-social habits of a teenage boy.

Therefore...he will play the drum only when needed and not constand banging, he will also try to keep a good rhythm etc as many people have made points about his 'lack of rhythm'...basically, he is going to be mature and proffessional about it next season and try to please everyone (if that is actually possible)

The lad can practice all he wants but to be honest I think the fans would not like the drum even if it was played by some professional like Phil Collins or Cozy Powell !

So this ST holder as got his refund and some say he's a cock, some say he should move. Well what right have you people calling this guy for wjat he doesn't want to ruin his day? or even suggesting he moves?. This bloke isn't causing any ill situation to occur so why is he the villian and have a self imposed ASBO? Can anyone tell me (maybe apart from the drummer and his dad) of anyone who wont go to BP cos there's no drum? Will the self same posters on here be calling Dad and drumer a cock if the club see sence and ban the thing and they stop attending?

I've said it before my old fella will be well pissed off once he finds out where the drum is. If I find myself within the same region of the drummer I'll be asking him to stop banging or tell him to move. For the last 8 years BP as become my quality time with the old man and no one is going to spoil that. OK am being a little sentimental here but I dont give a stuff, he's 70 years old now and as much as I hate to say it, time is running out. I sincerely hope the club either ban the thing or ask Josh to stay with his dad in the chaddy.

Anyone see a pattern....

Put him in the RRE....people arent happy....

Put him in the chaddy....people arent happy....

The answer....and its a REALLY simple one....ban it.....

The fact is I dont really think people are going to get upset and start thinking of not coming if there is no drum but people are clearly unhappy about the drum staying.

Its doing more harm than good.

Furthermore....im very rarely critical of the club like some people are but they have scored an own goal. They annouce two weeks after ST go on sale that the drum will be in the RRE (after people have bought tickets).....if people complain then it will go back in the chaddy....so if you bought a ticket for the chaddy to escape it then your plan has been foiled....so in short....unless your going to go in the main stand you stand a resonable chance of having the bloody thing next to you......crazy......

The drum is a very recent addition and on the few occasions it has been behind me its ruined the game. Luckly he was shifted back to the other side of that section...near the people that stand up....but during that game I had to move because I already have bad earing....a drum is much harsher sound than people singing.....if i had to do that every game it would certainly factor in my decision to attend games....i come to the football to enjoy myself and sing....not have that bloody thing in my ear....and I have sat in that area of the ground for about ten years and i dont see why I should move to accomdate something to offends so many people!!!

Do the right thing and get rid of it OAFC.....

It's interesting to read what people find annoying/disruptive/offensive at matches, and what might make them change their location.

Over 47 years I've stood/sat in every side/end of BP, with the last 12 in the Broadway Upper. Going there was the only move I made which was stimulated by behaviour near to where I had been. My son had been going with me for a couple of years and, at the age of 6 was beginning to notice the foul mouths nearby in the Chaddy. So we upped sticks and shifted. Now we will be in the RRE. But, home or away, I'd still prefer to have a drum in hearing rather than the incessant effing and blinding that some fans pour forth.

Edited by LaticsPete

It's interesting to read what people find annoying/disruptive/offensive at matches, and what might make them change their location.

Over 47 years I've stood/sat in every side/end of BP, with the last 12 in the Broadway Upper. Going there was the only move I made which was stimulated by behaviour near to where I had been. My son had been going with me for a couple of years and, at the age of 6 was beginning to notice the foul mouths nearby in the Chaddy. So we upped sticks and shifted. Now we will be in the RRE. But, home or away, I'd still prefer to have a drum in hearing rather than the incessant effing and blinding that some fans pour forth.

We dont really have a family section do we....something which we could do with...a zero tollerance area...because to be honest I find it hard to control what comes out of my mouth so I would prefer it if I wasnt offending people.....

We dont really have a family section do we....something which we could do with...a zero tollerance area...because to be honest I find it hard to control what comes out of my mouth so I would prefer it if I wasnt offending people.....

So, playing devil's advocate then, by that token, as well as the family section should we also have a drumming section?