Blackpool Bid For Taylor Rejected

Guest M_OAFC

Guest M_OAFC

It goes on to say that anyone offering £250k for Hoolahan will trigger a release clause in his contract and that if he goes Blackpool may well come back with an improved offer for Taylor. However it also says that Athletic will only sell if the money involved is just too big to turn down.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It goes on to say that anyone offering £250k for Hoolahan will trigger a release clause in his contract and that if he goes Blackpool may well come back with an improved offer for Taylor. However it also says that Athletic will only sell if the money involved is just too big to turn down.

I'm sure there will be clubs out there willing to shell out that for Hoolahan, although it might just force Blackpool to up his wages to stay there.

Anyway, why are Blackpool talking to us about it, Chris has already done the deal with Donny hasn't he?

Guest M_OAFC
Anyway, why are Blackpool talking to us about it, Chris has already done the deal with Donny hasn't he?

Funny you should mention that because the rarely wrong also says that several clubs have watched him and that Doncaster have considered an offer but that Blackpool are the only ones thus far to make a formal bid

Funny you should mention that because the rarely wrong also says that several clubs have watched him and that Doncaster have considered an offer but that Blackpool are the only ones thus far to make a formal bid

simon grayson or larry boy is a very big admirer of taylor,has been since he broke into the first team,and if you beleive all the hype and rumours put an offer in last year which was dismissed instantly as derisory

whilst i wouldnt want to see taylor leave,if a bidding war was to break out between the lashers or doncaster then providing we wasnt sold short i wouldnt have a problem with it.

like has been said we are until financially viable a selling club,and have to make ends meet

if blackpool want to offer hoolahan and 500k fine,if they dont he stays,and helps get us up....either way were quids in.

simon grayson or larry boy is a very big admirer of taylor,has been since he broke into the first team,and if you beleive all the hype and rumours put an offer in last year which was dismissed instantly as derisory

whilst i wouldnt want to see taylor leave,if a bidding war was to break out between the lashers or doncaster then providing we wasnt sold short i wouldnt have a problem with it.

like has been said we are until financially viable a selling club,and have to make ends meet

if blackpool want to offer hoolahan and 500k fine,if they dont he stays,and helps get us up....either way were quids in.

No way Hoolahan will be involved in any deal to come here...he's probably holding out for a bigger pay deal from Blackpool so there's no way we could compete and even if we could why would he want to drop down a division!!!

Good God, that's what I call a firm starting point for negotiations!

its just my view of it....i wouldnt want taylor to go,but if he does then i want the best deal possible for the club,if they want to offer stupid sums like 200k cos were little oldham in league one they will get laughed at.....test there metal and say look,stop messing about,we dont want to sell,so either put up or shut up.1 million as a starting point.....like i said what ever happens we win.

its just my view of it....i wouldnt want taylor to go,but if he does then i want the best deal possible for the club,if they want to offer stupid sums like 200k cos were little oldham in league one they will get laughed at.....test there metal and say look,stop messing about,we dont want to sell,so either put up or shut up.1 million as a starting point.....like i said what ever happens we win.

I totally agree that we should make people pay every penny we can squeeze out of them if we do have let a player go, but surely Hoolhan is worth more than Taylor at this stage?

I totally agree that we should make people pay every penny we can squeeze out of them if we do have let a player go, but surely Hoolhan is worth more than Taylor at this stage?

you would think so.

but something has gone on at the lashers,and the result is he can leave if someone puts in an offer of 250k.

there is no saying he would want to go to a league one club,but he has only had the one season in the championship,or that we could afford his wages,but the fact remains he is available for that fee.

if we all think taylor is worth 750k then offer them a deal.....like my grandmother used to say..you dont get if ya dont ask

Guest oa_exile
TAYLOR IS GOING NO WHERE........ why would he when were building a very decent team up here!!!! :angry:

Well I'm not expert but I will take a flyer with Championship football and money :blink: or am I just way off the mark ? :huh:

He'd be mad to go there - they have one more season of stuggling in the Championship and then they're on their way back down. And anything less than £750k is a slap in the face.

I agree, if they sign him for a fee lower than 700k I would feel gutted.