Blackpool Bid For Taylor Rejected

Guest M_OAFC

I think a offer around the 700k mark would be good for us, he is a good player but we are a small club and need the cash to improve other areas of the squad.

I guarantee that the first people to moan, about the Club's alleged lack of ambition if Taylor goes, will be those armchair 'fans' who always want to know the attendance at BP.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee that the first people to moan, about the Club's alleged lack of ambition if Taylor goes, will be those armchair 'fans' who always want to know the attendance at BP.

I'm a bit of a D&G-er myself, but I will tell you one thing, if we get 700k for Taylor I will be absolutely delighted (and also think that the board are guilty of daylight robbery).

Seven hundred thousand pounds for him, anyone willing to offer silly money like that wants their bumps feeling. I seriously think it is about £650,000 over what he is worth. In fact, if a club was insane enough to bid six figures for him I would offer to go around and pack his bags myself.

I really don't see what the majority of people on this board see in the lad, left or right wing. Give me Smalley over Taylor every day of the week, quicker, better crosser, far better in the air, not a 'falling over feigning injury' prima-donna; and now he has broken his duck and scored in successive games I would expect him to continue in that vein of form that he had a youth and stiff levels and be a regular contributor of 10 goals plus a season.

Taylor is no great shakes in this division, a Josh Low at very best. Very ordinary and if it is true Blackpool have bid silly money then say ta-ta as quickly as possible I would say.

As for the thought of a bidding war for him - football really has gone mad!

KtF,

Derek.

derek

smalley is by far inferior to taylor in terms of ability.

I'm a bit of a D&G-er myself, but I will tell you one thing, if we get 700k for Taylor I will be absolutely delighted (and also think that the board are guilty of daylight robbery).

Seven hundred thousand pounds for him, anyone willing to offer silly money like that wants their bumps feeling. I seriously think it is about £650,000 over what he is worth. In fact, if a club was insane enough to bid six figures for him I would offer to go around and pack his bags myself.

I really don't see what the majority of people on this board see in the lad, left or right wing. Give me Smalley over Taylor every day of the week, quicker, better crosser, far better in the air, not a 'falling over feigning injury' prima-donna; and now he has broken his duck and scored in successive games I would expect him to continue in that vein of form that he had a youth and stiff levels and be a regular contributor of 10 goals plus a season.

Taylor is no great shakes in this division, a Josh Low at very best. Very ordinary and if it is true Blackpool have bid silly money then say ta-ta as quickly as possible I would say.

KtF,

Derek.

derek

smalley is by far inferior to taylor in terms of ability.

Dean.

In your opinion maybe he is.

In my opinion he is streets ahead of Taylor.

If you have read any of my posts about Taylor you may just get the hint that I don't rate him one iota and no matter how much being told that my opinion is wrong I get from other posters I'm not going to change it until the lad does something that impresses me consistently. I'm not here to tow the party line, just to say things as I see them. Bearing that in mind, I think that Taylor is probably the most over rated player (by fans) I can ever remember pulling on the jersey of the mighty. I genuinely don't see what all the hullabaloo is about over a very ordinary player. (Yes I know I am repeating myself. Again. But silly money for him - chance would be a fine thing).

As I have just been watching the greatest Euro Finals Goals on BBC (van Basten still wins - then again it is the perfect goal of style, skill and precision) I have just thought that some of you lot may come back with the fact that it took Deane almost a full season to bag his first goal.

It was the John Jensen goal for Denmark that reminded me of this. Arsenal did much the same thing and transformed a very ordinary player into a terrace legend with a shirt slogan.

If I remember correctly CT was that prolific that this here very board commemorated his first goal with a bloody t-shirt.

Make Love Not War, Give Peace a Chance, Frankie Says Relax, I'm with this Idiot, My Mum Went on Holiday and All She Bought Me Was This Lousy T-shirt, I Was There When John Jensen Scored, I was There When Chris Taylor Scored.

Some legacy.

KtF,

Derek.

KtF,

Derek.

Derek

your entitled to your opinion on taylor and although i disagree with yours, not going to shoot you down over it.

However re the football gone mad comment, who gives a rats **** if it means we profit big time for it

He is worth what clubs are willing to pay and regardless of what you think of the lads ability, he is one of our most sellable assets so we shouldnt be selling ourselves short if he does go

Give me Smalley over Taylor every day of the week, quicker, better crosser, far better in the air, not a 'falling over feigning injury' prima-donna; and now he has broken his duck and scored in successive games I would expect him to continue in that vein of form that he had a youth and stiff levels and be a regular contributor of 10 goals plus a season.

Derek.

Are they are any qualified doctors in the house?

I really hope he doesnt go.

700K is not enough.

I live in Burnley and have seen Kyle Lafferty play quite abit and he is no better than Taylor. Burnley have rejected offers of over 3 mil.

OK Lafferty is proven in the championship and Taylor is a leage below but if we do let him go and he peoves him self in the championship his value will trebble at least.

Keep him, signe LB, LW, CM, get promoted.

Got to agree with Derek here, i thought the idea of a winger was to get to the bye line a few times a game let alone a whole season! I also thought a winger should look to push on down the line, and not run back the half way line to recieve the ball. He hardly ever (never) beats his man let alone put a good cross in.

Got to agree with Derek here, i thought the idea of a winger was to get to the bye line a few times a game let alone a whole season! I also thought a winger should look to push on down the line, and not run back the half way line to recieve the ball. He hardly ever (never) beats his man let alone put a good cross in.

Jesus, this is a little harsh!!!

For all Taylors faults, you cant fault his work rate and commitment. The lad cares and very rarely goes hiding. I would love to know how many times he touches the ball in a game. Dont get me wrong, I think his touch is poor, which is something he will get found out with, if he moves up a division. At the end of the day he is a league one player who is not swallowing a huge salary, he's home grown lad, who loves the club and 9/10 times gives his all. He is only young and will not come into his own for anothee 3/4 years.

Lets give the lad a little respect. I for one hope he stays.....

Jesus, this is a little harsh!!!

For all Taylors faults, you cant fault his work rate and commitment. The lad cares and very rarely goes hiding. I would love to know how many times he touches the ball in a game. Dont get me wrong, I think his touch is poor, which is something he will get found out with, if he moves up a division. At the end of the day he is a league one player who is not swallowing a huge salary, he's home grown lad, who loves the club and 9/10 times gives his all. He is only young and will not come into his own for anothee 3/4 years.

Lets give the lad a little respect. I for one hope he stays.....

Bugger me, if that's all it takes to get a contract then I will try ten times harder than him. I certainly won't be any better, but my lack of ability will be forgiven because I am a Latics fan and I try hard. I will probably also provide a comedy moment by stopping for a fag or puking up fresh orange juice on the sidelines. Well I did at Sunday League level anyway, it always got a laugh.

Come on lets be serious here, if effort and commitment were all that it takes then yeah, I suppose I could be pushed into being in a situation where I disliked him as a player less.

Teams with ambition need players with skill and finesse, and as you say yourself, his touch is poor. It is. It is bloody poor. He gets paid for having a touch like a baby elephant.

He runs in straight lines, lacks imagination, lacks foresight, is as soft as the Andrex puppy, is cynically dirty (and should have seen red at least twice last season), is a diving prima donna, can't cross, can't tackle, struggles to see simple passes and it is all forgiven by so many on here because he supports Oldham.

Get a fee for him, any fee, he will be back in the stands in no time watching us every Saturday whilst he plays midweek reserve team football.

Like Griff, it will all be over by the time he is 25, lost in a haze of adulation from over fawning fans.

I saw Chris Taylor Score.

Carve it on the tombstone of his career.

KtF,

Derek.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

Bugger me, if that's all it takes to get a contract then I will try ten times harder than him. I certainly won't be any better, but my lack of ability will be forgiven because I am a Latics fan and I try hard. I will probably also provide a comedy moment by stopping for a fag or puking up fresh orange juice on the sidelines. Well I did at Sunday League level anyway, it always got a laugh.

Come on lets be serious here, if effort and commitment were all that it takes then yeah, I suppose I could be pushed into being in a situation where I disliked him as a player less.

Teams with ambition need players with skill and finesse, and as you say yourself, his touch is poor. It is. It is bloody poor. He gets paid for having a touch like a baby elephant.

He runs in straight lines, lacks imagination, lacks foresight, is as soft as the Andrex puppy, is cynically dirty (and should have seen red at least twice last season), is a diving prima donna, can't cross, can't tackle, struggles to see simple passes and it is all forgiven by so many on here because he supports Oldham.

Get a fee for him, any fee, he will be back in the stands in no time watching us every Saturday whilst he plays midweek reserve team football.

Like Griff, it will all be over by the time he is 25, lost in a haze of adulation from over fawning fans.

I saw Chris Taylor Score.

Carve it on the tombstone of his career.

KtF,

Derek.

You really dont like him do you????

But lets be honest, the majority of latics fans would disagree with you on this one I am sure. But hey ho, we watch league one football, and I expect poor passing, bad tackles etc, thats why we dont watch man u and chelsea every week. I am not saying he is a world beater, but what I am saying is that you are a little over the top mate.

Chill

Can't beleive we would get anymore than £250K for Taylor or Eardley for that matter. They are Championship level at the very best but I feel League 1 is closer to the mark.

For what it's worth I hope we keep them both but as Derek says if we get silly offers we have to off load them.

Can't beleive we would get anymore than £250K or Eardley for that matter. They are Championship level at the very best but I feel League 1 is closer to the mark.

For what it's worth I hope we keep them both but as Derek says if we get silly offers we have to off load them.

Leaving aside the level he has already reached in his career as a 19 year old, do you really think a right back who scored two of the best goals of the season in about his third game at CM has no potential to move up?

Leaving aside the level he has already reached in his career as a 19 year old, do you really think a right back who scored two of the best goals of the season in about his third game at CM has no potential to move up?

Nothing to do with that Andy at all.

I think what Rick is getting at isn't from the how much are they worth angle, more the fact of how much could we say no to.

We were stung with Porter going north of the border when 4 months earlier we could have had a sizeable wedge for him (and perhaps broken even for the first time in many a moon). We are a little club with little financial clout. The owners won't say no for ever.

No matter my views on Taylor, I would think the club have a figure in mind for both him and Eardley.

I suspect it will be a lot bloody lower than most on here have bandied about and far closer to Ricks 250K mark. We won't see much more than half a million for the pair imo.

Operating at a loss, or operating and breaking even. Business sense will come to the fore where these two are concerned.

KtF,

Derek.

Can't beleive we would get anymore than £250K for Taylor or Eardley for that matter. They are Championship level at the very best but I feel League 1 is closer to the mark.

Given the fact we got £500k for a defender who had played 20 league games it's not unrealistic, without being cruel to Trottman he was hardly Bobby Moore reincarnated.

Nothing to do with that Andy at all.

I think what Rick is getting at isn't from the how much are they worth angle, more the fact of how much could we say no to.

We were stung with Porter going north of the border when 4 months earlier we could have had a sizeable wedge for him (and perhaps broken even for the first time in many a moon). We are a little club with little financial clout. The owners won't say no for ever.

No matter my views on Taylor, I would think the club have a figure in mind for both him and Eardley.

I suspect it will be a lot bloody lower than most on here have bandied about and far closer to Ricks 250K mark. We won't see much more than half a million for the pair imo.

Operating at a loss, or operating and breaking even. Business sense will come to the fore where these two are concerned.

KtF,

Derek.

Undervaluing assets is not business sense, particularly when there is no desperation to sell.

Undervaluing assets is not business sense, particularly when there is no desperation to sell.

Remind me of the last time this club didn't make a whopping loss.

Maybe not a desperation to sell, but given the opportunity to slash the losses especially when a mammoth lay-out is about to be made on the building of a new stand............

KtF,

Derek.

Remind me of the last time this club didn't make a whopping loss.

Maybe not a desperation to sell, but given the opportunity to slash the losses especially when a mammoth lay-out is about to be made on the building of a new stand............

KtF,

Derek.

Yeah bollocks to it let 'em go first offer that comes in.

Let's also offer City the opportunity to buy out the Richards sell on clause for £100K.

Let's make a quick buck......

I've not been able to post on here at all recently, but I've been so astounded tonight at reading this thread - Derek's comments in particular.

I fail to see how Eardley or Taylor are only worth £250,000.

I had a look to see who has recently moved for around a quarter of a million, a few names came up. Drew Talbot, at Luton; Odejayi to Barnsley; Clive Platt to Colchester; Graham Alexander to Burnley.

Now I've had a look and they seemed to me the most value for money £250k players from last summer, there or thereabouts. For me, Taylor and Eardley are both if not already above that caliber, then certainly have the potential to surpass it.

If that Gunter chap went to Spurs for £1.5million, intially, with sell-ons and clauses to take it up to £3million(!) then surely Eardley is worth the same. They are both flexible (Gunter can play both full-back positions, Eardley as we know is comfortable as a full-back, wing-back and in central midfield) and are both future International stalwarts.

Taylor has always been looked at by clubs Championship and higher, last season may not have been his most effective, but he was on the left for 90% of it, and its clear he is most effective on the right. But it has shown other clubs that he can play on both sides, and he's slotted in at full-back comfortably on a few occasions.

I said previously that anything less than £750,000 for Taylor was an outrage. I think that's about right. But for Eardley we need to be looking at £1,000,000+. Who wants to sell their captain, anyway? :grin:

Keep the Faith

As mentioned earlier, TTA stated with Taylor it would have to be a ''silly offer'' to be accepted (id imagine same for Eardley), how people believe that 250k is a silly offer, is just...silly! As coco said, 500k (+250k add-ons) for Trotman from only 20odd appearances has got to be the benchmark

So TTA sell for in the region of £500k for both Taylor and Eardley, I don’t see how this is a wise business move, helping the finances of the club, when TTA are just going to have to pump in at least that, for replacements that have promotion chasing/championship quality??

I'd love us to keep em both, but as TTA said, every player has a price!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Derek rasies an intresting point in Smalley V Taylor, I am big fan of both and both have different qualities, but I feel that out of the 2 Smalley is the one who will develop into the better player.

Smalley has a good first touch he is quite big for a winger with a decent turn of pace, but crucially the thing Smalley has that I dont really see with Taylor is composure. Give smalley another season or 2 and he will be a menace to every left back in this league, Smalleys biggest problem is that he doesnt know how good he can be!

Right, I'm sorry, I have to ask - do you live in Oldham and attend our games often? If not, your opinion is void simply on that basis. If you do attend, you can argue it - but Jesus Christ! You've posted 7/8 times here, and I'd like to quote you on everything.

I'd be even willing to take into account what you was saying if you didn't just sit there making a list of his faults, which let's face it, he has so many of from your point of view, but you didn't even base them

As I see it, he's come along very well under Shez. He's got him coming in centrally, and he's a bloody threat. How many times did we nearly score a beauty at BP after January, when he came inside, took a few on, and unleashed a thunderbolt? Quite a few.

Also, showing how well he's done in the middle, his goal against Orient at home. Lovely finish. More pace at home to Gillis, got in behind the 2 CB's, and scored a lovely finish.

Lacks foreight does he? Huddersfield at home rina a bell? He did very well to get the first move going, allowing Constantine to get some space. Our 2nd goal - Taylor tackled Sinclair, took him on, showing dribbling skills, and again, more imagination when he got to their CB, he squared to Conny who tapped into an empty net. 3rd goal? Taylor, centrally, won us the free kick. Why he even scored the 4th goal.

What about Tranmere at home, with our 2nd goal? Very foxy, got his head to Conny, and he then darted through themiddle. Yeah, lucky deflection - he scored the goal too - but he showed foresight there, IMO.

Which brings me to another point. His atatcking at the farpost has been excellent for us. That goal, B'mouth away same thing again. Donny at home last season, did it twice.

Lack of crossing ability - crossed under-pressure for Conny's leveler at home to Millwall. Can't run as a winger. Bournemouth at home, got us that penalty, Crewe away, got Macca his goal (lucky deflection maybe). What about Forest at home last season?! Did it all game.

You get my point by now. To attack him like you've done is totally unfair. You can have an opinion, but to say he's absolutely useless is extremely harsh. I agree his temper can get the better of him a few times, but I, personally, think that's more because he bloody cares about this club. We'd all be the same if we played for our club we supported as a lad.

His 2nd half to this campaign was excellent. What's he supposed to do with an unbalanced side like we had? How can he deliver balls to 2 strikers who like to roam? We got settled, and he was fantastic for us. On the general topic, I wouldn't sell. I'd push them all the way - £1.5 million or nowt. He, along with the other youngsters, can fire us to promotion given some decent backing from Shez, the other coaching staff, the players, and also the fans. He'll be more valuable that way, and that's a certainty.

Sorry to hone on, everyone. Whilst typing this, I think I warmed to Conny more too! He was involved with a lot of stuff there.