CARLING CUP DRAW THIS FRIDAY

www.oldhamathletic.co.uk

Latics will find out their opponents in the first round of the Carling Cup when the draw is made this Friday (June 6).

The competition is regionalised in the first round, meaning Athletic could find themselves looking forward to a mouth-watering derby tie.

Last year John Sheridan's men saw off Mansfield Town at Boundary Park, winning 4-1 before losing out 3-0 at Coca-Cola Championship side Burnley.

You dont need to wait till Friday were playing Macclesfield... my mates mum's gran's best friends old babysitters mum plays bingo all the time and she has guaranteed me the numbers will fall this way!! You heard it here first!

You dont need to wait till Friday were playing Macclesfield... my mates mum's gran's best friends old babysitters mum plays bingo all the time and she has guaranteed me the numbers will fall this way!! You heard it here first!

No its Rochdale away, Clive Wijnhard's phone a friend told me so :grin:

No its Rochdale away, Clive Wijnhard's phone a friend told me so :grin:

Jeesh, im sick of all this hear say, at least mine is from a reliable source... phone a friend what doe he know!!!

Well... Chris Taylor's dad also told me Macclesfield!!! :tongue:

Jeesh, im sick of all this hear say, at least mine is from a reliable source... phone a friend what doe he know!!!

Well... Chris Taylor's dad also told me Macclesfield!!! :tongue:

Well my reliable source (Rob Lee's agent) also told me Dale away so we will just wait and see!!! :grin:

We'll play one of the 18 most Northern teams iout of the 36 who either are in League Two, or finished in the bottom half of League One.

So by my reckoning:

Hartlepool

Crewe

Port Vale

Hereford

Stockport

Rochdale

Darlington

Chesterfield

Rotherham

Bradford

Morecambe

Bury

Accrington

Macclesfield

Notts County

Chester

Lincoln

Peterborough

Edited by Simpo

The fishal site is incorrect - the draw is next Friday the 13th at 10.00am - as the O.S. is rarely wrong, pehaps the Football League/Carling changed the date after the original announcement.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Carl...1322373,00.html

When I tried to look up who would be in our side of the draw other teams websites seemed to think it would be next week. Ah well, maybe another week to count down until we know a fixture.

I'm a bit stuck on who I want it to be. I'm thinking one of Hartlepool (A), Darlo (A) or Rotherham (A).

(or Accrington or Chester as I haven't done them either).

You'd of thought they'd of shown the draw on Sky Sports News. Though I guess the competition is meaningless until the Prem boys come in. :shock:

Someone crap at home. Chester or Accrington. Progress till we get a decent side.

Vale away? :wink:

Eagerness got the better of me, next week!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad