500K For Taylor

That is what TTA are looking for at least 500k according to the Chron :lol:

Any news on this experienced outfield player we are at advanced talks with or was that O'Grady??

Officials are aiming to tie up another deal at some point next week (O'Grady) and have irons in the fire for "two or three" other permanent moves.

Speculation on the rarely wrong Chron's part based on the basic fee for Trotman.

Exactly. Guess-work journalism at its worst.

Trotman played around 20 first team games for us, CT has over 100 and has started to add goals to his locker; as well as improving in other areas of his game. Although the likes of Derek will sell for a bag of sweets, the overwhelming majority of Latcis fans realise CT's true worth to the team & the potential he has in the game.

As i 've stated in other posted, if we have to accept bids for him and decide to let him talk to other clubs re: a move away from BP, i'd hope & expect the figures we a re talking about will be in the 750k upwards region, any less than that and we've had our pants well & truly pulled down.

Guest oa_exile
Wright praise for top brass - by MICHAEL YARWOOD

ASSISTANT manager Tommy Wright has hailed a show of “common sense” from Athletic’s owners after they turned down an offer for Chris Taylor.

As the Rarely Wrong revealed yesterday, Blackpool’s bid was rejected out of hand and Wright – who knows Taylor better than any other coach – is convinced it was the right move by the club.

It’s thought Athletic would demand at least £500,000 as that was the basic fee they received when Neal Trotman moved to Preston after just 18 league appearances.

There could be more summer offers for Taylor, but Wright wants to see the 21-year-old realise his potential at Boundary Park.

He said: “I’m delighted because Chris is an important player for us and somebody we hope will have a big impact next season.

“We usually see him on the left, but he’s versatile enough to cover two or three positions and he hasn’t let us down in any of them.

“He’s an honest player who works hard, and he has got plenty of ability too. He has his bad games, but so does everybody else.

“I’ve worked with the lad since he was 14 so I know him very well. We are trying to get the very best out of him, and hopefully that will happen consistently next season.

“We aren’t kidding ourselves – we know this is a club who will have to sell players if the price is right – but I think the owners have done the right thing.

“It shows ambition and a bit of common sense. We know Chris has a lot of admirers, but it will be great if we can keep hold of him.”

Taylor, whose first involvement with Athletic was at the Centre of Excellence, has been a regular in the team since making his debut in February 2005.

Championship club Blackpool made their offer at the end of last week as they are in danger of losing talented winger Wes Hoolahan.

Guest oa_exile

>>Blackpool Gazette<<

Pool eye £500k Wes replacement

Seasiders are being strongly linked with a move for Oldham's Chris Taylor.

But the highly-rated winger would probably cost at least £500,000.

That would appear to take the 21-year-old out of Blackpool's price range, though the club would receive £250,000 from any deal involving Wes Hoolahan and the much sought-after Taylor could be a ready-made replacement.

Besides operating on the left wing, Taylor can play in central midfield and at full-back

However, the League One club will do their utmost to hold on to one of their prize assets and Taylor remains under contract for the next two seasons.

Pool's newly promoted Championship rivals Doncaster are among the other interested parties but The Gazette understands that nothing less than half a million would prise Taylor away from his only club.

A source close to the Latics said: "Oldham sold Neal Trotman to Preston for £500,000.

He was unproven compared to Taylor, so it's hard to believe they would accept anything less."

A former trainee at Boundary Park, Tayor won a professional contract in 2005 and has made precisely 100 league appearances in the past two seasons.

As for Hoolahan, he remains a Seasiders player despite frenzied speculation over a move to Norwich.

The Canaries stated that no deal had been done yesterday and none of the rumoured sightings of the newly-capped Ireland international in the Norfolk area have been substantiated.

Assistant manager Tony Parkes is holding the fort at Bloomfield Road after Simon Grayson started his holidays at the weekend.

Parkes, chairman Karl Oyston and secretary Matthew Williams are continuing to hold discussions with players, clubs and agents this week over prospective signings.

However, Seasiders are starting to lose patience with Claus Jorgensen as the midfielder delays his final decision on the one-year contract offer which has been on the table for several weeks.

Secretary Williams said: "We do want to hear from Claus soon. No time limit has been imposed but we are looking to get this one tied up one way or the other."

so there hoping if hoolahan goes they can get him for effect 250k........

like i said yesterday,if we dont have to sell him then knock back all offers under 750k.....if a club is that desperate to buy him they will pay.......its sale and demand,we have what they want,we dont want them to have it,but if they really really want it they will pay the going rate.........if there daft enough to offer 750k plus future fees and other incentives we would be mad not to accept it.

regardless of how good or bad or indifferent everybody thinks he is.

so there hoping if hoolahan goes they can get him for effect 250k........

like i said yesterday,if we dont have to sell him then knock back all offers under 750k.....if a club is that desperate to buy him they will pay.......its sale and demand,we have what they want,we dont want them to have it,but if they really really want it they will pay the going rate.........if there daft enough to offer 750k plus future fees and other incentives we would be mad not to accept it.

regardless of how good or bad or indifferent everybody thinks he is.

Seems they know he'll cost a lot more than what they'll get for Hoolahan and whatever they get for him will only end up being half minimum of what we expect for Taylor.

As you say it's complete advantage to us. Bit like it will be to others when we get the Richards cash.

it annoys me saying we should sell him if the moneys right do we see the money NO, have we seen Trotmans money on transfers -NO- unless we make any big signings in the next few weeks

Im sure ive read this before. The only way the Latics can balance the books every season is by selling a gem i.e Trotters. If the money being offered for Taylor is silly money (750k) then this will be accepted by the TTA, at the end of the day they are doing there upmost to make our club a successful one but wont make themselves bankrupt in doing so. I for one is pleased with the signings so far and by turning down scumpools first offer the TTA are showing they wont be bullied by clubs from a higher league.

Im sure ive read this before. The only way the Latics can balance the books every season is by selling a gem i.e Trotters. If the money being offered for Taylor is silly money (750k) then this will be accepted by the TTA, at the end of the day they are doing there upmost to make our club a successful one but wont make themselves bankrupt in doing so. I for one is pleased with the signings so far and by turning down scumpools first offer the TTA are showing they wont be bullied by clubs from a higher league.

TTA are trying to run Athletic like a business as much as they can. For the long term security of the club I'd prefer this approach as it means you are not relying upon wads of cash from an indiviudal(s) which can suddenly dissappear and take the club with it.

If that means a Trotman / Taylor for £500k+ every season, so be it.

it annoys me saying we should sell him if the moneys right do we see the money NO, have we seen Trotmans money on transfers -NO- unless we make any big signings in the next few weeks

Petulant remark Dean. There is more to the incomings and outgoings of a football club than transfer fees!

We all want to see money invested in the team but personally I would rather see the majority of playing staff investment spent on player wages as opposed to transfer fees......there are some gems to be had on Bosman frees.

Surely it would make more sense to keep these players and get promoted than to be stuck in League 1 because you are selling your good players. If we sell Taylor it shows no ambition.

couldnt agree more. sod selling, lets get promoted first.

Taylor is a very good player at our level, regardless of what Derek says :tongue1: . However, even if we had ronaldo in our team, he aint going to have that much affect on our final league position if he hasnt got the team around him.

I would rather have a top two finishing team without Taylor, than a play offs or lower team with him. If the cash from his sale allows us to bring in two or three players who will give us the edge next season and build on what we have, then so be it.

We make a loss of around 900k a year, if I recall correctly. Even with 500k from Trotman money we still looked at a loss of 300k. Until the club can become self sustainable, meaning TTA don't have to cover our losses out of their own pocket and the club creates enough revenue to cover expenditure, we aren't going to see big transfer fees for players...the clubs at our level that do usually have a short sighted chairman bankrolling every transfer out of their own pocket because they have more money than sense....TTA are business men, they're running the club like a business and have done a good job of it if I may say so my self.. The Trotman money was used to balance the books, which is a long term advantage over any short term new signing.

We make a loss of around 900k a year, if I recall correctly. Even with 500k from Trotman money we still looked at a loss of 300k. Until the club can become self sustainable, meaning TTA don't have to cover our losses out of their own pocket and the club creates enough revenue to cover expenditure, we aren't going to see big transfer fees for players...the clubs at our level that do usually have a short sighted chairman bankrolling every transfer out of their own pocket because they have more money than sense....TTA are business men, they're running the club like a business and have done a good job of it if I may say so my self.. The Trotman money was used to balance the books, which is a long term advantage over any short term new signing.

Totally agree.

and the main strategy for long term sustainability is the Stadium.

And that has taken a hit with the credit crunch with less dwellings, so we are going to get less money.

Remind me, how many players have left and how many have come in?

3 extra players at the moment, all being paid wages, over 2 or 3 years, wonder how much that adds up to?

We make a loss of around 900k a year, if I recall correctly. Even with 500k from Trotman money we still looked at a loss of 300k.

You don't :wink: We lost something like 7 or 800k after the Everton game and the Trotman sale were taken into account. If I had my way Mr Corney would keep every player that was worth keeping and shell out the wages to keep them and their agents happy, turn down the big transfer fees and sub it all out of his own pocket until the world stopped turning. On Planet Earth, if selling the odd player when they are hot property enables us to have a competitive squad within whatever margin of losses he is prepared and/or able to endure, then I'll take that.

You don't :wink: We lost something like 7 or 800k after the Everton game and the Trotman sale were taken into account. If I had my way Mr Corney would keep every player that was worth keeping and shell out the wages to keep them and their agents happy, turn down the big transfer fees and sub it all out of his own pocket until the world stopped turning. On Planet Earth, if selling the odd player when they are hot property enables us to have a competitive squad within whatever margin of losses he is prepared and/or able to endure, then I'll take that.

If i remember rightly is this not the season TTA's thought the porter money (or lack of it) would affect our budget? I don't want to sell either Eardley or Taylor but if we had to sell one it would be Taylor