500K For Taylor

He would probably do a better job with both his legs tied together and his nads in his gob.

KtF,

Derek.

My good god, has Taylor sh**ged your wife or something Derek?? - i'v never been witness to such one sided, petty sniping against a player EVER. I realise that people are entitled to thier own opinions, and people do see quality where others see gash BUT, on every sensible thread involving discussions around Chris Taylor, you hyjack it with immature & silly comments that show you in a poor light.

Whether it be a thread intending to discuss the relative merits of Taylor playing on the right or left of midfield / whether the transfer rumours are true & if so, what is a realistic transfer fee we could expect for him / should we even consider selling him at all......etc we are subjected to your drivell when you post one sentence replied like "Taylors crap, my nan could play better" "i'd accept a packet of sweets and a donkey ride for him" "get rid, i'll drive him myself" etc

I would; for once, like a reasoned debate with fellow Latics fans on this subject matter without you & your petty, immature & one sided arsey comments stopping the deates & dragging them off into other areas - we get it, you don't rate Taylor, we know, we've read your drivell on him before, alot. Give it rest now please, and stop being such a 5 year old on the matter, as i'm led to believe that you are a grown man - start acting like one please

rant over

My good god, has Taylor sh**ged your wife or something Derek?? - i'v never been witness to such one sided, petty sniping against a player EVER. I realise that people are entitled to thier own opinions, and people do see quality where others see gash BUT, on every sensible thread involving discussions around Chris Taylor, you hyjack it with immature & silly comments that show you in a poor light.

Whether it be a thread intending to discuss the relative merits of Taylor playing on the right or left of midfield / whether the transfer rumours are true & if so, what is a realistic transfer fee we could expect for him / should we even consider selling him at all......etc we are subjected to your drivell when you post one sentence replied like "Taylors crap, my nan could play better" "i'd accept a packet of sweets and a donkey ride for him" "get rid, i'll drive him myself" etc

I would; for once, like a reasoned debate with fellow Latics fans on this subject matter without you & your petty, immature & one sided arsey comments stopping the deates & dragging them off into other areas - we get it, you don't rate Taylor, we know, we've read your drivell on him before, alot. Give it rest now please, and stop being such a 5 year old on the matter, as i'm led to believe that you are a grown man - start acting like one please

rant over

Somebody's wearing their tight underpants again. :nnnng:

And Wilson, stop winding people up, you naughty boy! :naughty:

Edited by danoafc

You don't :wink: We lost something like 7 or 800k after the Everton game and the Trotman sale were taken into account. If I had my way Mr Corney would keep every player that was worth keeping and shell out the wages to keep them and their agents happy, turn down the big transfer fees and sub it all out of his own pocket until the world stopped turning. On Planet Earth, if selling the odd player when they are hot property enables us to have a competitive squad within whatever margin of losses he is prepared and/or able to endure, then I'll take that.

LL, I suspect (strongly) that you're much more in the know than me, but I could've sworn Corney said we've lost under £400,000 in total and that's taking into account the fact that we've only had one instalment for Trotman.

LL, I suspect (strongly) that you're much more in the know than me, but I could've sworn Corney said we've lost under £400,000 in total and that's taking into account the fact that we've only had one instalment for Trotman.

It was actually Simon Blitz who mentioned that, and he said he wouldn't dare think about how much we had lost if it wasn't for the FA cup money and HALF the Trottman money, the total of around £400k is about right for what we lost.

Only going off public statements, and my possibly hazy recollection of them at that. Mr Corney had a slightly ranty article on the club site where he was saying he was tired of people asking him if he was going to bale out, and he mentioned the losses then. Had a quick peek but couldn't find it.

rant over

HERE HERE!

Its not like he's even a bad player. i.e forbes, butcher, etc. Its someone whose still learning the game being played out of position and loves this club. Derek did you go to Scunny away last year? When Taylor nearly had both of his legs broke. He didnt shy away he carried on. What exactly is your problem with him?

It was actually Simon Blitz who mentioned that, and he said he wouldn't dare think about how much we had lost if it wasn't for the FA cup money and HALF the Trottman money, the total of around £400k is about right for what we lost.

The Rarely Wrong Senor Coconut is of course correct.

Simon Blitz Programme Notes