Fresh mobile phone madness

Right, I 've caught them in the act. About a year ago I posted something up (probably since deleted my those meddling Mods and Admins :angry: ) about waking up to about 5 of my mates (who I had probably been texting the most in that period) messaging me to ask me why I had sent them 4 or 5 utterly random texts in the middle of the night. I knew I hadn't, as I had been out all day with them and was hardly on a fit state to wipe my own arse at 4 in the morning when I was fast asleep, never mind type out a load of cryptic text messages and send them in different batches, but I had no evidence for the defence.

Well, my phone seems to have been taking on more and more idiosyncrocies of late, generally just turning itself off whilst spending 10 minutes sending a message, but also sending me an attractive picture of "Britney Spears" with legs akimbo on a swing outside Crewe in place of what I normally see when I open my eyes to hit Snooze in the morning, and other treats. So far I know my bosses boss, an ex, a sort of current, my new landlady, various mates, a private hire driver I once used and my newly pregnant and engaged mates' girlfriend have all got messages that they are puzzled,and it seems in some instances shocked about.

Might finally follow some of that kind advice on getting a new phone that people left me tomorrow.

Just to let you know, your phone has also been sending messages referring to a campaign of terrorism, with Midlanders as the target.

I'd get a new phone, if I were you.

Thanks for the warning. I wouldn't want the plans to leak until the Great Purge is ready to begin.

Guest oa_exile
but also sending me an attractive picture of "Britney Spears" with legs akimbo on a swing .

Sorry to hear about you ongoing phone problems mate *Cough* any chance you can forward that pickie :grin:

Due to the phone problems it seems I sent not one but 3 pictures of a 6 foot 3 former Grenadier guardsman flashing his threepiece whilst dressed as a woman. Another to add to the collection he keeps in his garden shed where Mre Exile won't find them :biker:

Right, I 've caught them in the act. About a year ago I posted something up (probably since deleted my those meddling Mods and Admins :angry: ) about waking up to about 5 of my mates (who I had probably been texting the most in that period) messaging me to ask me why I had sent them 4 or 5 utterly random texts in the middle of the night. I knew I hadn't, as I had been out all day with them and was hardly on a fit state to wipe my own arse at 4 in the morning when I was fast asleep, never mind type out a load of cryptic text messages and send them in different batches, but I had no evidence for the defence.

Well, my phone seems to have been taking on more and more idiosyncrocies of late, generally just turning itself off whilst spending 10 minutes sending a message, but also sending me an attractive picture of "Britney Spears" with legs akimbo on a swing outside Crewe in place of what I normally see when I open my eyes to hit Snooze in the morning, and other treats. So far I know my bosses boss, an ex, a sort of current, my new landlady, various mates, a private hire driver I once used and my newly pregnant and engaged mates' girlfriend have all got messages that they are puzzled,and it seems in some instances shocked about.

Might finally follow some of that kind advice on getting a new phone that people left me tomorrow.

Well your alarm as never worked and it always seems to send you messages to wake up at the wrong station

I got two the other night - one from after you fell asleep on the train a couple of weeks ago, and one about the front of the Bison after the planning meeting. Your phone must like doing it's own thing. :huh:

Falling asleep on the train? Clear evidence that I was not responsible, as I never do that sort of thing.

I am still clearing up wreakage. The hardest bits are where I suspect that people have had messages but are saying nothing. I could have got sacked for something a colleague received, but thank God she is an ace girl and a dirtbag, and laughed it off. I don't think it has tempted her to do as suggested though.

It's better than when my former housemate Gary took advantage of me turning in early to send a message to every female in my phone memory telling them that I would like to make love to them in a style reminiscent of Ancient Greece, or words to that effect. He was pale with worry the morning after about what he had sent my mum, until we figured out that he had sent, "I love you mum," to her.