Euro 2008 TIPS

come on then guys this thread is to share each others tips for bets throughout the tournament

my initial thoughts are not obvious but are good odds

singles

holland to be eliminated in the quater final 13/5

portugal v france final 16/1

holland to reach the final 6/1

Doubles

France to win- benzema top scorer in tournament 66/1

holland to win- huntelaar top scorer in tournament 100/1

germany to win- ballack top scorer in tournament 50/1

come on then guys this thread is to share each others tips for bets throughout the tournament

my initial thoughts are not obvious but are good odds

singles

holland to be eliminated in the quater final 13/5

portugal v france final 16/1

holland to reach the final 6/1

Doubles

France to win- benzema top scorer in tournament 66/1

holland to win- huntelaar top scorer in tournament 100/1

germany to win- ballack top scorer in tournament 50/1

Your Doubles aren't worth betting on bearing in mind you can get Benzema to be top goal scorer at 33/1, huntelaar at 50/1 (might be even more on betfair) and Ballack at 40/1 and I know that if one of these is top goalscorer the odds of their team winning are reduced. Plus having actually looked at the odds from oddschecker (follow the betting link in the all sporst forum) where did you get these odds as huntelaar and Holland is 200/1 in places. Top goalscorer can easily be won by someone whos team don't get to the semis if they get a hatful in the groups and having read Pat Nevin's excellent column on the BBC website a sneak sniff at a Russian could be a good outside bet (the only problem is Zenit's and Russia's star forward is a doubt with a knee injury).

Your Doubles aren't worth betting on bearing in mind you can get Benzema to be top goal scorer at 33/1, huntelaar at 50/1 (might be even more on betfair) and Ballack at 40/1...

Not to mention that none of them will finish top scorer.

how can you state none of them will finish top scorer, when ballack takes all pens for example its a good bet. The odds were from william hill if you say you get better odds i may check that cheers

Not to mention that none of them will finish top scorer.

Looking at things with top scorers, I'm reckoning on throwing away a couple of quid on Milan Baros (66/1) who can do it in major tournaments and looks to be the main 'scoring' striker for the Czech's - who, due to their side of the draw, could well progress a fair way in the tournament. But I'll probably go as far as FIVE POUNDS on Mladen Petric of Croatia (33/1) now that he is the main man since Eduardo's loss of leg.

Others worth a mention for me are David Villa (better odds than a guy who scored loads in the easiest to score in league in the world), RVN (20/1 but depends on how far the Dutch go in the tournament) and Miroslav Klose (only 11's but he always scores).

The only other long odds stuff looks to be Romania to qualify at 12/1. Although unlikely, they were better than the Dutch in qualifying and are no mugs. Still wouldn't though. Well I might.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I went the bookies earlier. Annoyed that my local bookies is only giving portugal 5/1 so opted against it.

Gone for Podolski (Germany) top scorer. 22/1. Only a quid.

Also had a double for tonight. Portugal/Czech Republic - £3.50 Pays £15.72 - One game down so far.

7-1 with most online bookies, Rocky.

I fancy Spain but France look the best odds to me at 17-2.

Exactly. That's why I laughed when I asked him what price they were. It's only a "back street bookie" so to speak and not a big name one. It's prices are generally better on single matches than most bookies though.

Not too bothered about the outright winner now. If Portugal win tonight I think I might just adopt £2 or so a game on doubles all the way through and try and make a small steady profit.

They actually had Italy at the 7/1 they're being offered everywhere but his reasoning for the Portugal price was that along with the others in there group and Germany's group - they've got a seemingly easier passage to the final than the other's. Fair enough I guess.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Not too bothered about the outright winner now. If Portugal win tonight I think I might just adopt £2 or so a game on doubles all the way through and try and make a small steady profit.

£11 up.

£2 on Germany 2-0. 5/1!

Break the bank!

My Podolski bet is looking very good value. Wonder what odd's he'll be in the morning. Doubt it's 22/1!

15 minutes left. just need neither team to score and another win on the cards and another £10 profit.

edit; just checked podolski's odds now. 11/4 and 5/2 available. :lol:

Cant be bothered posting replies to myself so Tuesday's bets.

Spain to win and Greece/Sweden Draw - 5/1 - £2 on. £10 back.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Going off last nights game id say that Villa will be top scorer with Spain reaching the final.

Ive already made quite a bit with small bets.

I predicted the first four games correctly; Czech, Portugal, Croatia, Germany all to win. No suprises but £10 returned £117.

Ive also had a couple of first scorer bets with Ibrahimovich winning me £12 last night. Also has torres, so that was pretty close.

My long term bets are

Germany to win and Klose to be top scorer

Spain to win and Torres to be top scorer

Portugal to win and Ronaldo to be top scorer.

None of those players have scored but im confident one of those teams will reach final and only a matter of time before they start banging them in. All penalty takers usually.