Transfer Listed

There's a clue in the term "transfer listed" RBL. :wink:

Maybe Pele Clarke would fancy a move back up North though? The Lashers thought he was special and were gutted when he left. He'd make an ideal replacement for John Thompson. :pray:

:grin:

I remember one of them describing Pele as, “the best defender, and probably the best player in the League.” He could leap tall buildings, walk on water, wrestle bears and solve ancient riddles, all whilst making a tackle and taking the ball out of defence in a way Beckenbauer in his prime could only dream about. Apparently.

TRIO TRANSFER LISTED

Posted on: Thu 05 Jun 2008

Southend United have today transfer listed a further three players after failing to agree terms over contracts extensions.

Blues have placed Peter Clarke, Simon Francis and Nicky Bailey on the transfer list today, with their names being circulated to all Football Club's.

Clarke and Francis still have 12 months to run on their current deals, whilst Nicky Bailey - United's Player of the Year - has two-years left on his current deal.

However, Chairman Ron Martin admitted that the Club would not be held to ransom by the players after substantial revised offers were rejected by the trio.

"We have been unable to agree revised contracts with Peter Clarke, Simon Francis and Nick Bailey," Mr Martin exclusively told southendunited.co.uk this afternoon.

"All three refused improved contracts and as a consequence we will transfer list them with immediate effect and use those proceeds to reinvest back into the squad.

There's a clue in the term "transfer listed" RBL. :wink:

Maybe Pele Clarke would fancy a move back up North though? The Lashers thought he was special and were gutted when he left. He'd make an ideal replacement for John Thompson. :pray:

:grin:

Is JP classed as listed with us though? Doubt we're looking for a fee on him...

I remember one of them describing Pele as, “the best defender, and probably the best player in the League.” He could leap tall buildings, walk on water, wrestle bears and solve ancient riddles, all whilst making a tackle and taking the ball out of defence in a way Beckenbauer in his prime could only dream about. Apparently.

I found the old style AVFTT message board today to see what they had to say about Taylor - most of 'em are OK but there are one or two top end clowns about. They have us down for a real struggle next year having lost our "most influential midfielder" to Aberdeen (chortle) - they seem to think on this basis they'll get Taylor and Eardley for about £400k the pair. Talk about delusional.

Only if it was like FM lol.. Cash in on Eardley now Wolves are interested sign Francis to replace Eardley and Bailey in midfield.

I think both these players will be Championship bound.

Don't cahs in on Eardley now, he'll be a vital part of next seasons title winning team and his value will have shot up even more!

I wonder if people are not barking up the wrong tree here. Surely the lesson to be learned from this is not that we fancy these players but that before the season starts Sarfend are offering new contracts to players with 12 or 24 months left,whilst some of our 'best' or 'more marketable players' e.g. Hughes and Davies and Eardley only have the same left on their contracts but nothing has been suggested about extending them and we are more likely to get into the January transfer window having a ascramble knowing they could go for nowt a la Porter.

I think Sarfend are showinfg some amibtion and some prescient thinking.

I think we should be getting our boys signed up ponto.

I wonder if people are not barking up the wrong tree here. Surely the lesson to be learned from this is not that we fancy these players but that before the season starts Sarfend are offering new contracts to players with 12 or 24 months left,whilst some of our 'best' or 'more marketable players' e.g. Hughes and Davies and Eardley only have the same left on their contracts but nothing has been suggested about extending them and we are more likely to get into the January transfer window having a ascramble knowing they could go for nowt a la Porter.

I think Sarfend are showinfg some amibtion and some prescient thinking.

I think we should be getting our boys signed up ponto.

Davies and Eardley are covered unless they, "do a Porter," at the end of their contracts, and we can't really be held over a barrel for fear that our whole squad is going to go to Scotland. TBH I was surprised that Eardley signed up for 3 years when he did, it must mean he will be a bit less attractive to whoever comes knocking, when I have no doubt at all, given the number of drooling agents I saw when I watched a game with the OWTBs roving reporter, that he could have had several options if he wanted to. We've tied the young lads up, kept the old heads in Lids and Norm, it's actually pretty rosey in the garden for once I would say. True that Hughes could attract a lot of attention if he stays fit. I could see a struggling team, maybe Minging Hull, taking a punt on him if he is on 12-15 at Christmas, which as Coco will confirm, is very possible. I think it is more likely that he would be bid for by someone needing to pull a rabbit out of a hat in that scenario than teams scouting him out next summer, when he will be a year older and they will have many more options open to them.