Livermore Leaves

Livermore leaves Hull

tribalfootball.com - June 05, 2008

David Livermore has left Hull City.

The former Millwall man has been allowed to leave the Premiership new-boys after coming off contract.

Anyone think we will be seing Liveromore back at Latics and more to the point would we want him back?

Livermore leaves Hull

tribalfootball.com - June 05, 2008

David Livermore has left Hull City.

The former Millwall man has been allowed to leave the Premiership new-boys after coming off contract.

Anyone think we will be seing Liveromore back at Latics and more to the point would we want him back?

Experienced & Versatile.. id take him on a season's contract!

Edited by Davros

Experienced & Versatile.. id take him on a season's contract!

That's not what you said originally! :wink:

I wouldn't have him. When he left, we had a chance of making the playoffs and, thanks to injuries, desperately needed him. He chose to go back and stew in Ull's stiffs instead. Sod him.

I wouldn't have him. When he left, we had a chance of making the playoffs and, thanks to injuries, desperately needed him. He chose to go back and stew in Ull's stiffs instead. Sod him.

Your right its not.... firstly i thought no becuase he didnt set BP alight whilst on loan here and was AVERAGE! But if he aint demanding a big wage he could be a usefull player to have in the team... !!

Edited by Davros

albeit a very slim chance......and at the end of the day he didnt want to get injured hampering his chances of a move to another championship or even getting another go at hull....

i would have him back providing the money was right,good calming influence and didnt really do much wrong whilst here,got on with what he had to do.

albeit a very slim chance......and at the end of the day he didnt want to get injured hampering his chances of a move to another championship or even getting another go at hull....

i would have him back providing the money was right,good calming influence and didnt really do much wrong whilst here,got on with what he had to do.

I still get the feeling he's already sorted somewhere, hence why he pulled out of our squad and went back to Hull. It would be a very odd/worrying move if he didn't.

He made at least one appearance for the first team when he went back, calm blame him for trying to fight for his place in a premiership chasing team. Shame he gave a pen away

Guest oa_exile
I still get the feeling he's already sorted somewhere, hence why he pulled out of our squad and went back to Hull. It would be a very odd/worrying move if he didn't.

Agree , and since Shez is sorting the squad out early doors surely he would have already signed Livermore on a pre contract ?

do you not think he went back to hull because there was a chance of something happening there..i mean,they did get promoted in the end,and as someone pointed out,he was involved in a game?

remember,he was only on loan to us-he wasn't ours.

its not as if he used us-he helped out big time when injuries were hampering.

now though he's a free agent.

and i'd have him back asap.

do you not think he went back to hull because there was a chance of something happening there..i mean,they did get promoted in the end,and as someone pointed out,he was involved in a game?

remember,he was only on loan to us-he wasn't ours.

its not as if he used us-he helped out big time when injuries were hampering.

now though he's a free agent.

and i'd have him back asap.

Absolutely Johnny. Some people get so precious, it was understandable how he went back.

I'd have him back in a shot. As consistent as Ratters, and we're still crying out for a bona fide left sided player.

He maybe a free agent yes but i bet his wages arent peanuts. TBH id much rather get 2 or maybe 3 in for the wages hed on.

well its a simple solution to him.

see who wants him and strive for the best deal he can get.

if he wants too much,latics will move on.

if he gets no calls from other clubs,he's stuck.

its what makes the football world tick eh?

Absolutely Johnny. Some people get so precious, it was understandable how he went back.

I'd have him back in a shot. As consistent as Ratters, and we're still crying out for a bona fide left sided player.

I don't think I'm beinf precious. I wouldn't mind if he'd gone back to Hull expecting to get a game, but he'd have cited that at the time if it were true. I want players who want to play.

I don't think I'm beinf precious. I wouldn't mind if he'd gone back to Hull expecting to play, but he'd have cited that at the time if it were true. I want players who want to play.

TBH, he can't tell the club that pays him his wages he won't play, but he can tell a club he's on loan to. I have no problem with him not wanting to get injured.

We've made 4 signings, and not one of them is naturally left sided. Livermore has quality on the ball, and a steady eddie plus is at home on the left side of the park. I'd push the boat a little to get someone like that, rather than 3 Kalala or McDonald types.

A very good player in several positions. He's likea better Mark Allott, and just the sort of experienced player we could do with to compliment all of the youngsters we've got. He's not flash but he's the sort of player who you will win a lot of games with with him in midfield.

I think the reason he went back was because of the physio situation. Players were dropping like flies, with no full time physio to look after him, for that I cant really blame him. He had to protect himself as he knew he would be looking for a job in the summer, which is much harder to do when you are carrying an injury.

Guest oa_exile
We've made 4 signings, and not one of them is naturally left sided. Livermore has quality on the ball, and a steady eddie plus is at home on the left side of the park. I'd push the boat a little to get someone like that, rather than 3 Kalala or McDonald types.

Yep , I would be tempted to make him one of our higher earners , talking of loanies I noticed also no mention of Jarrett.

Seems like last season these loanie guys are good enough to loan but not to sign on a contract.......Aljofree,Glombard,etc(*Cough* Molango :lol: )

Then again the other side to the coin is you get to see if they are a good enough to be added full time.

No thank you. The bloke left because he knew that if he got injured it would be career over, and I'd rather go back to Hull where he wasn't going to play so he could get a deal somewhere in the close season. That problem remains...one injury and it's career over...it would be a huge risk on a player that was alright, a decent addition to the squad, but nothing special. We could get someone younger, as good and a much smaller risk for the same amount of money.

Aparently we offered him a deal while he was on loan to us but he turned it down and then went back to Hull. Would be great to see him here but I don't think it'll happen, if he is going to any League One club it will be Millwall should they be interested.

Aparently we offered him a deal while he was on loan to us but he turned it down and then went back to Hull.

I think you're right there. This was the entry for him in the M.E.N. player of the year review: -

"DAVID LIVERMORE: His experience after arriving on loan from Hull City impressed boss John Sheridan enough to offer a permanent deal, which Livermore turned down."

Personally, I'm not too bothered either way.

No thank you. The bloke left because he knew that if he got injured it would be career over, and I'd rather go back to Hull where he wasn't going to play so he could get a deal somewhere in the close season. That problem remains...one injury and it's career over...it would be a huge risk on a player that was alright, a decent addition to the squad, but nothing special. We could get someone younger, as good and a much smaller risk for the same amount of money.

I think perhaps you underestimate the value that Livermore's experience would bring to the team, particularly in view of some of the bright young potential we have brought in.

I'd be interested to hear suggestions of who we could get - who'd actually sign for us - who would be younger, as good and for the same money.

I think perhaps you underestimate the value that Livermore's experience would bring to the team, particularly in view of some of the bright young potential we have brought in.

I'd be interested to hear suggestions of who we could get - who'd actually sign for us - who would be younger, as good and for the same money.

The problem is that he didn't exactly pull up any trees whilst he was here and that is all people have to judge him off. Leaving as he did, probably isn't a help either. I just think it isn't worth throwing that kind of money at what looked like a player who wouldn't exactly improve our team by a significant amount.

Players available. I'm unsure, but there seems to be a load available on free's this year and I wouldn't mind us making a punt on someone like Andy Welsh who I doubt would be on a fortune.