Livermore Leaves

The problem is that he didn't exactly pull up any trees whilst he was here and that is all people have to judge him off. Leaving as he did, probably isn't a help either. I just think it isn't worth throwing that kind of money at what looked like a player who wouldn't exactly improve our team by a significant amount.

Livermore and Ratters in the middle would match any midfield in this division IMO. Nothing would get through them and they are both effective passers who can push on and shoot. Them two with a couple of wingers and we would be flying. Not going to happen though, so moving on...

I think perhaps you underestimate the value that Livermore's experience would bring to the team, particularly in view of some of the bright young potential we have brought in.

I'd be interested to hear suggestions of who we could get - who'd actually sign for us - who would be younger, as good and for the same money.

I'm not going to trawl through databases of released players etc, nor am I a scout who can suggest a name of the top of my head. The club has scouts and they'll know who's available. As has been said elsewhere, there will be a lot more players looking for clubs this summer as the economy drops...and I'd be surprised if there's noone out there who could fill the role Livermore did...even if it is just from an 'experience' point of view...I'm sure there's players out there who are coming to the end of their careers, but aren't one injury from hanging their boots up.

As mentioned above, he's not going to be on a pittence...I guess our contract offer wasn't good enough for him last time and whilst he's alright, he's not good enough to start caving to his wage demands. If we wouldn't do it for the likes of Wellens, we shouldn't do it for the likes of Livermore.

Edited by jsslatic

What makes you suggest Livermore is 1 injury away from hanging up his boots? He's (just) 28 ffs!

Crazy talk.

The fact that he left the club in order to avoid picking up an injury speaks volumes to me. It was a ridiculous reason to leave (not to mention the fact that he knew full well we were struggling to get teams out and screwed us over), and it certainly hinted to me that there was a more underlying problem that he could soon aggravate and he would be out for a long time. It seems like to go for that reason showed he had a serious fitness worry and knew that if it got worse from playing then noone would sign him in the summer.

Maybe he wouldn't be on the verge of retiring, but to leave to avoid picking up an injury indicates that another injury could leave him with a long lay-off.

The fact that he left the club in order to avoid picking up an injury speaks volumes to me. It was a ridiculous reason to leave (not to mention the fact that he knew full well we were struggling to get teams out and screwed us over), and it certainly hinted to me that there was a more underlying problem that he could soon aggravate and he would be out for a long time. It seems like to go for that reason showed he had a serious fitness worry and knew that if it got worse from playing then noone would sign him in the summer.

Maybe he wouldn't be on the verge of retiring, but to leave to avoid picking up an injury indicates that another injury could leave him with a long lay-off.

I'm more inclined to agree with dave ragg1984. If he had a serious underlying injury worry he wouldnt have been risking his profession by playing at all.

I think the reason he went back was because of the physio situation. Players were dropping like flies, with no full time physio to look after him, for that I cant really blame him. He had to protect himself as he knew he would be looking for a job in the summer, which is much harder to do when you are carrying an injury.

This about a player who played in nearly every game (at a higher level) this season until his club shafted him to avoid having to shell more money out for him achieving a certain number of appearances? Crazy conspiracy talk. More likely that he's screwed over a couple of times and didn't fancy risking a freak injury by playing for a club who he didn't expect to have any future with, thus shafting himself.

As a player I'd definately have him back at BP his versatility and the fact that he is left sided really gives us some balance, when he was here on loan I thought he did a really good reliable job in variety of positions.

We could do a lot worse than him in trying to bring a good solid left sided player in.

Having said that if we have already made him an offer he rejected then he will either have to reduce his demands (not impossible now he is without a club) or we will have to increase our offer if we really want him.