Anthony Elding To Crewe

Leeds United have agreed a fee with Crewe Alexandra for the services of striker Anthony Elding.

The 26-year-old, who is now in talks with the Gresty Road club, has featured nine times for Leeds since joining the club in January.

Anthony, whose family are Leeds fans, scored his first senior goal for the club against Cheltenham in March, and he also netted four goals in four appearances for the reserves.

Alan Thompson and Darren Kenton have already departed the club and Anthony will be the third player to head out of Elland Road as boss Gary McAllister looks to re-shuffle his pack.

The United manager has already confirmed he is in the hunt for new firepower and the media have linked him with both Celtic's Derek Riordan and former England international Kevin Phillips.

Source: http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDe...1324578,00.html

Hope for Crewe's sake that it means the Zola deal is off! They've had rotten luck in the transfer market, we've beat them to two players....Sarfend beat them to Steve Mildenhall and they were going to pay 200k for Calvin Zola!

Source: http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDe...1324578,00.html

Hope for Crewe's sake that it means the Zola deal is off! They've had rotten luck in the transfer market, we've beat them to two players....Sarfend beat them to Steve Mildenhall and they were going to pay 200k for Calvin Zola!

Where have they got the money from to be signging players like Elding? The fee might only be nominal, but I would have thought his wages were pretty high.

put a prize winning strawberry in a basket full of rotten apples and very soon it will go mouldy

Wow

Awesome words of Wisdom:)

I admit though when i have normally seen Maynard he was class.

He was better with dredlocks..

put a prize winning strawberry in a basket full of rotten apples and very soon it will go mouldy

Why would you want to put your strawberry in a basket of rotten apples? I reckon you deserve it to go mouldy if you do that. It would be better to keep it away from rotten food, say in a fridge or something.

Jeeze

Why would you want to put your strawberry in a basket of rotten apples? I reckon you deserve it to go mouldy if you do that. It would be better to keep it away from rotten food, say in a fridge or something.

Jeeze

But conversely, if you put an apple in a bag of potatoes then it stops them seeding and they stay fresh for longer so I can understand Phill's experimentation. Philliggi, the Heston Blumenthal of OWTB. :wink:

Anyway, I bought some strawberries (M&S with a decent "sell by date") on Monday and have kept them in the fridge since. I fancied some after my tea last night and low and behold, they had gone off.

Life is a bitch at times. :)

Back on track, Maynard is a class act IMO and like several Crewe players before him, I'm sure he will succeed at a higher level. With or without dreads. :grin:

But conversely, if you put an apple in a bag of potatoes then it stops them seeding and they stay fresh for longer so I can understand Phill's experimentation. Philliggi, the Heston Blumenthal of OWTB. :wink:

Anyway, I bought some strawberries (M&S with a decent "sell by date") on Monday and have kept them in the fridge since. I fancied some after my tea last night and low and behold, they had gone off.

Life is a bitch at times. :)

Back on track, Maynard is a class act IMO and like several Crewe players before him, I'm sure he will succeed at a higher level. With or without dreads. :grin:

But does it work with a prize winning apple? Could you use a carrot instead?

I also think that Maynard will flourish at a higher level. Crewe are excellent at bringing through talent and instilling a fantastic work ethic into them from an early stage - hence their reputation and track record. Maynard struggled of late due to a broken leg and lengthy lay off.

I also think that Maynard will flourish at a higher level. Crewe are excellent at bringing through talent and instilling a fantastic work ethic into them from an early stage - hence their reputation and track record. Maynard struggled of late due to a broken leg and lengthy lay off.

It's funny how things pan out sometimes.

Back when Crewe were last in our division for a season, and they had the front two of Hulse and Ashton, if you'd have asked me then who'd be most successful of the two I'd have most definitely plumped for Hulse. Consequently, his career has never really got off the ground, whereas Ashton looks a million miles better than him.

Yeah, I like Maynard, although I think Crewe's reputation for churning out great young players isn't as good now by far. We've had more success in the last 3 or 4 years with our youth products than they have.

But does it work with a prize winning apple? Could you use a carrot instead?

Just any old apple Rick. I'd go for the cheapest as opposed to wasting a top quality one.

The trick is to cut the apple in half and then store with the potatoes in a brown bag. The apple will absorb the ethylene gas produced by the potatoes and so keep them fresh. Consequently, don't try this with carrots. Or sprouts and definitely avoid storing near onions as these cause chemical reactions which will see your spuds going off quicker than a virgin on his first date.

All you need to know about storing potatoes.

Just any old apple Rick. I'd go for the cheapest as opposed to wasting a top quality one.

The trick is to cut the apple in half and then store with the potatoes in a brown bag. The apple will absorb the ethylene gas produced by the potatoes and so keep them fresh. Consequently, don't try this with carrots. Or sprouts and definitely avoid storing near onions as these cause chemical reactions which will see your spuds going off quicker than a virgin on his first date.

All you need to know about storing potatoes.

Thanks IC, but I am a bit confused now. I checked on how to store Strawberries and can't find any guidance whatsoever on whether I should put prize winning strawberries in a basket full of rotten apples or not.

Harvesting and Storing Strawberries

Perhaps Nicky Maynard will know......

Thanks IC, but I am a bit confused now. I checked on how to store Strawberries and can't find any guidance whatsoever on whether I should put prize winning strawberries in a basket full of rotten apples or not.

Harvesting and Storing Strawberries

Perhaps Nicky Maynard will know......

......as clearly Philliggi hasn't a clue. :grin:

Anyway, I appear to have just won a brand new Audi A3 so I'll be picking that up after my £1000 "holding fee" cheque has been cleared by the nice gentleman in Nigeria. :wink:

......as clearly Philliggi hasn't a clue. :grin:

Anyway, I appear to have just won a brand new Audi A3 so I'll be picking that up after my £1000 "holding fee" cheque has been cleared by the nice gentleman in Nigeria. :wink:

Errr hands off pal, I've just won that! My cheque is in the post as we speak..............

I won that prize as well. However, I have only sent half the money in case it isn’t all as it appears. Smart cookie me!

Getting back on topic, I am glad this thread came up, as I have noticed that any potatoes I buy seem to sprout all over the place within in a few days after I buy them. Does the apple trick help this or does it just stop them going mouldy?

Getting back on topic, I am glad this thread came up, as I have noticed that any potatoes I buy seem to sprout all over the place within in a few days after I buy them. Does the apple trick help this or does it just stop them going mouldy?

It's a bit of both mate. Mainly it stops them seeding - or sprouting. I avoided using the latter word earlier as I know that Rick was having difficulty with his vegetables.

It's a bit of both mate. Mainly it stops them seeding - or sprouting. I avoided using the latter word earlier as I know that Rick was having difficulty with his vegetables.

Sprouting? OMG I hate sprouts.

What I am going to try is putting a spud in a bag full of rotten apples and see if they turn into strawberries.

I'll let you know how I get on.