So Huddersfield sold 16,000 season tickets

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Port Vale have managed over 5,000, so I'd expect that we would have shifted more that that. We do however seem to have slipped backwards in recent years, when 3 promoted teams Stockport County, Peterborough and the MK Dons all get better crowds than us.

to be fair mk dons and peterborough were up there more or less all season so thats going to get more people going,always the case,i'd like to think we could of sold 6500.

It will be interesting to see if Hudds get 16000+ turning up each game. I'm guessing some "fans" have thought to themselves that they only need go to 5 games to break even, so may just cherry pick games.

Or it is Leeds fans willing to pay £100 for one game :ohno:

How many do you think we'd sell if we put on the same offer?

At £100 a time we'd have sold a lot more than you think.

Remember that equates to £4.35 per game!!!

I can only go to about 10 games a season because of work commitments and I would have definitely bought one.

There are many people in a similar situation.

I'll bet that the 16,000 who have bought tickets at Huddersfield don't go every week.

At £100 a time we'd have sold a lot more than you think.

Remember that equates to £4.35 per game!!!

I can only go to about 10 games a season because of work commitments and I would have definitely bought one.

I'll bet that the 16,000 who have bought tickets at Huddersfield don't go every week.

I only get to 2 home games per season (or maybe more if I come over in September this year) but I would have bought one and sent someone (a proxy) in my stead to the rest of the matches...

I thought the TTA might have experimented with this type of forward-thinking approach to putting ar$es on seats.

You're right, there are many people in this situation, as I'm sure there are at Huddersfield. For this reason they will rarely all attend at the same match - and for every person in this situation the club is out of pocket by offering a £100 season ticket. If Huddersfield's normal matchday price is £20 a person attending ten times would spend £200 on the day.

how much were they selling them for?

at £100 a pop i would have borrowed the money for one,with not working at the mo i would have sorted something to pay that back.....but not at what they currently are.

i think a lot of people would of been very suprised as i reckon we would of shifted upward of 8k.

the reason being as has been said,its £4 odd a game as opposed to £20 pay on the day.

pay on the day fans would only get 5 games for £100,so if ya get a full season for the price of 5 games there would of been a significant uptake.....i know of at least half a dozen people who said if it was a scheme like that they would get a ticket.

I reckon we'd have sold about 6,500 (the sort of home crowd we were getting when we were doing well last season) and I'd have had one (I'm not getting a season ticket as i don't go to enough games to make it worthwhile). However if you half the price of season tickets you have to sell over twice as many (to account for those people who pay on the day but got a cheap season ticket) to make the same money. There is no way that this would have been financially viable this year with only 3 stands and whilst everyone would like watching Oldham to be cheaper, everyone also wants Oldham to do well and the two are almost mutually exclusive. Unfortunately for teams like ours provided players like the winker will make in a few weeks what we loose in a year going to football is going to be too expensive for some people and teams will keep going into administration.

I only get to 2 home games per season (or maybe more if I come over in September this year) but I would have bought one and sent someone (a proxy) in my stead to the rest of the matches...

I thought the TTA might have experimented with this type of forward-thinking approach to putting ar$es on seats.

So, although you'd have bought a ticket, someone else wouldn't have done? 'cos they'd be getting 21 games for nowt.

The only way to do a huge discount is to make it non-transferable, so that people can't just ticket-share. With Hudds, they had someone prepared to udnerwrite the losses too. They will be picking up a fair tab- remember that hudds averaged 9400 last season, even all on ST's at £300 that's £2.8m leaving a shortfall of over £1m to stump up.

So, although you'd have bought a ticket, someone else wouldn't have done? 'cos they'd be getting 21 games for nowt.

The only way to do a huge discount is to make it non-transferable, so that people can't just ticket-share. With Hudds, they had someone prepared to udnerwrite the losses too. They will be picking up a fair tab- remember that hudds averaged 9400 last season, even all on ST's at £300 that's £2.8m leaving a shortfall of over £1m to stump up.

Here you go again with your fantasy figures and claims to understand the inner workings of accounts at football clubs.... The chairman of Hudds was on talksport this week and said they've generated the same income from season tickets this season as they did last season already....and there's still plenty of time before the new season starts yet, although the deadline for the scheme has passed

Edited by Yard Dog

Here you go again with your fantasy figures and claims to understand the inner workings of accounts at football clubs.... The chairman of Hudds was on talksport this week and said they've generated the same income from season tickets this season as they did last season already....and there's still plenty of time before the new season starts yet, although the deadline for the scheme has passed

I think his point was that you would lose most of the money from pay on the day customers, rather than comparing ST income alone?

I think his point was that you would lose most of the money from pay on the day customers, rather than comparing ST income alone?

but that means then that the owners are banking on pay on the day customers forking out 20 quid a game for 23 games...meaning actually paying 460 quid out.

i doubt there are many pay on the dayers willing to pay out 20 quid for each home game,and more than likely will pick n choose which they consider to be entertaining games,regardless of if were going for promotion.....because after all weve been going for promotion unsuccessfully for 12 years now.

yet if they had tried something similar to huddersfield,maybe not £100,maybe £150 it would of caught peoples imaginations,and we may just have sold a shed load more than anybody expected,meaning taking the same kind of money as last season but selling more tickets.......you would still get pay on the dayers as people would still pick and choose which games to go for...

in essence if the club wanted to go all out for promotion with the more lucrative money coming from pay on the gate fans,they could of scrapped season tickets and just made it a flat £18 all round.

the fact still remains other clubs are trying it with great results.....and were not,with the same response year on year.

16,000 season tickets is amazing!!

One thing it does prove is that if you price football more cheaply more people will come.

Now to BP, if we knocked ours down to £100 I reckon the best we could hope for is about 8,000 tops... Is that enough ? Probably not....

With the stadium expansion and promotion push is now the time to experiment with this sort of thing ? Can we afford to try it out and it all go wrong? I doubt it....

Now I live in Warringotn I dont get a season ticket because I cant make night games + a holiday means I would probably lose out on a season ticket. At £100 a shot though I would of bought one in seconds....

Edited by oafc0000

16,000 season tickets is amazing!!

One thing it does prove is that if you price football more cheaply more people will come.

Now to BP, if we knocked ours down to £100 I reckon the best we could hope for is about 8,000 tops... Is that enough ? Probably not....

With the stadium expansion and promotion push is now the time to experiment with this sort of thing ? Can we afford to try it out and it all go wrong? I doubt it....

Now I live in Warringotn I dont get a season ticket because I cant make night games + a holiday means I would probably lose out on a season ticket. At £100 a shot though I would of bought one in seconds....

Is 8000 x £100 enough, that would bring in £800,000 (depending on concessions). Hmmm interesting really. I wonder how much receipts we get annually at the moment. I would think that there would be a lot of people who would buy one for £100 as it wouldn't be the end of the world if they missed a few.

but that means then that the owners are banking on pay on the day customers forking out 20 quid a game for 23 games...meaning actually paying 460 quid out.

I agree that there won't be so many paying on the day for 23 games, but how many are there doing it for 5 (£100) or 8 (£160)? I would guess, a lot. Obviously as very few pay on the day all the time, that proportion ofthe crowd is made up of people who go once a year, or every other game, or 15 games. Every game they attend above the 5/7.5 level is bonus money for the club compared to what they would earn with this scheme.

I'm not knocking the idea but I think there's a very real possibility of losing a fortune on it. The flip side is that if you got the sums right you might incentivise people to come to 10-15 games rather than say 2-7 per season, as people will more likely come having bought the book. I certainly resented not being at the match more last season knowing I had paid for it.

Is 8000 x £100 enough, that would bring in £800,000 (depending on concessions). Hmmm interesting really. I wonder how much receipts we get annually at the moment. I would think that there would be a lot of people who would buy one for £100 as it wouldn't be the end of the world if they missed a few.

8000 x 100 = £800,000

3500 x 308 = $1.078,000

That would suggest no.... I know its not totally accourate but would suggest a quite a drop.... But you can argue about the incrase in food + drinks sales....but you can also argue about the loss of pay on the days at £20 a pop....

Im divided on the issue....

Maybe its worth trying during the first season the new stadium is done ? New Stadium + cheap ticket might see a big response ?

The only granteed way of increasing the crowd is to go up....

Edited by oafc0000

fantasy claims?

Erm, someone else says Hudds have sold 16000, the price is £100.

They GOT 9400 average last season.

I've "speculated" that their season tickets were £300.

Where's the "fantasy"? Nowhere. But you seem to have a bit of a problem pal.

If the chairman at Hudds says they've generated the same revenue, then it seems a bit odd. How do you work it out as the same?

£1,600,000 divided by 23 games divided by 9400 fans = £7.40 average admission price last season. Now that seems a bit odd to me, but you might be fully prepared to accept those figures, and I'm sure you would be willing to underwrite such a scheme at latics?

The chairman of Hudds was on talksport this week and said they've generated the same income from season tickets this season as they did last season already....and there's still plenty of time before the new season starts yet, although the deadline for the scheme has passed

Huddersfield's scheme is clearly a loss leader. You only have to look at the Chairman's comments above. They've generated the same income from season tickets as they did last year. Well done! Now all they've got to look forward to is the gate receipt income from away fans and the bank holiday brigade who attend 1 or 2 games a year.

Forget about pie and ale sales as well, quite apart from the fact not everyone who goes to games bothers buying something, they're not likely to get more than 3,000 extra fans per game because most of the 16,000 ST holders have no intention of attending all the time.

The club is buying itself some support and atmosphere which is admirable, if expensive. Geeze, if only they had the acoustics of the RRE!

fantasy claims?

Erm, someone else says Hudds have sold 16000, the price is £100.

They GOT 9400 average last season.

I've "speculated" that their season tickets were £300.

Where's the "fantasy"? Nowhere. But you seem to have a bit of a problem pal.

If the chairman at Hudds says they've generated the same revenue, then it seems a bit odd. How do you work it out as the same?

£1,600,000 divided by 23 games divided by 9400 fans = £7.40 average admission price last season. Now that seems a bit odd to me, but you might be fully prepared to accept those figures, and I'm sure you would be willing to underwrite such a scheme at latics?

good afternoon oldham all the tickets was not a £100 mine was a £125 then there is the upper tier priced at £175 only 8000 at £100 .Its only for this season as it is our centenary but still not bad . new management , new chairman , new pitch , new state of the arc scoreboard n big screen . Just need to get the team sorted and we will be flying put your money on us at 20/1 good bet to go up .Good luck for next season hope u do well .

TTID

good afternoon oldham all the tickets was not a £100 mine was a £125 then there is the upper tier priced at £175 only 8000 at £100 .Its only for this season as it is our centenary but still not bad . new management , new chairman , new pitch , new state of the arc scoreboard n big screen . Just need to get the team sorted and we will be flying put your money on us at 20/1 good bet to go up .Good luck for next season hope u do well .

TTID

That makes a bit more sense, any idea how many were sold at £125 and £175 then? And did the chairman say that they'd met last year's season ticket sales figure or the full season receipts from home areas?

I am another one who can only get to 5 or 10 home games a season. So I would certainly buy one for £100 and I have no doubt that 2 other people I know who do not attend regularly would get one. Even if the price was £125 or £175 then I would still do it. It would be a huge risk for the club to take and I don't believe we ever will, but the club certainly needs to do something to get the punters in.