Thanks for that. He seemed to be genuine about being happy and wanting to stay at BP. I twas also good to see him looking so relaxed.

yes your right he does seem happy about staying with us. However, if we don't get promoted next season I think he will be offski

yes your right he does seem happy about staying with us. However, if we don't get promoted next season I think he will be offski

He aint going anywhere this years.....

Next year....I think he wants to be in the championship.....with us if we go up if not he may be going....

Thats what I took fromt he interview....but he looks really focused on getting us next year which is ace....

I think if he has the sort of season that would tempt Championship clubs to come in for him at the age of 32 and with the attached baggage, then we wouldn't have been far off promotion anyway. On the other hand if he bangs 15 in by Christmas I could see a struggling team higher up coming in with a decent bid for him.

I think if he has the sort of season that would tempt Championship clubs to come in for him at the age of 32 and with the attached baggage, then we wouldn't have been far off promotion anyway. On the other hand if he bangs 15 in by Christmas I could see a struggling team higher up coming in with a decent bid for him.

I agree....thats the most likely exit...

The only thing against that is if he feels he owes us something and we are happy to say no to the money...

TIme will tell :D

I agree....thats the most likely exit...

The only thing against that is if he feels he owes us something and we are happy to say no to the money...

TIme will tell :D

at the end of the day his destiny is in hiw own hands so to speak...

if by christmas we are top of the league and he is scoring a goal every two games....yes other clubs would look at him.....but you would hope that he decides to stay and take us up,then he will be a championship player again...but with us...

if by some unfortunate event we are nowhere near the top 5 and he isnt scoring as often as he or us want,then he wont have any clubs coming in for him...

if he performs the choice is simple,stay and take us up and repay the faith shown to him by the club or the fans,or decide to jump ship for either a championship team or like has been said,a struggling team like leeds.lol

Hats off to the guy, he talks up our kids/fans/management/team mates/physios.... basically he hasnt a bad word to say about us. from that interview i would say he would see his contract out whatever happens. weather we are ten points clear and he has 20 goals by christmas, or we are struggling around mid table. lee hughes and oldham athletic have a very unique relationship. he owes us so much for what we have done for him, and i fully expect him to pay his dues and see out his contract.

at the end of the day his destiny is in hiw own hands so to speak...

if by christmas we are top of the league and he is scoring a goal every two games....yes other clubs would look at him.....but you would hope that he decides to stay and take us up,then he will be a championship player again...but with us...

if by some unfortunate event we are nowhere near the top 5 and he isnt scoring as often as he or us want,then he wont have any clubs coming in for him...

if he performs the choice is simple,stay and take us up and repay the faith shown to him by the club or the fans,or decide to jump ship for either a championship team or like has been said,a struggling team like leeds.lol

Hope you are right.

Has anyone actually met Lee ? What is he like (seems a decent fella to me).

Hope you are right.

Met him at the junior Latics end of season party. Had lots of time for the young 'uns and seemed genuinely happy and enjoying it all.

I think in interviews he's had, it comes across as he has lots to repay Latics for, which shows when numerous other teams came in for him. I expect he'll at least see his contract out with us as a bare minimum.

Hope you are right.

met him outside jjb stoped and talked for a few minutes not like the usual footballers!!!!

think we will see a different lee hughes this season relaxed fit and back playing with a smile on his face

HUGHESY HUGHESY :grin:

Hope you are right.

Met him a few months back whilst still injured, seems like a top bloke, had a lot of time for me and his very pretty girlfriend/wife/Friend/sister/Mum/auntie or whoever even took a picture of us both on my camera for me! Seemed genuine down to earth and a damn decent bloke! Asked him about his future intentions and well all i can say is he put my fears at ease said was looking forward to this season and staying fit said he loves oldham and commented on how good the fans have been to him! At the time he actually seemed more chuffed that i had taken time out to speak to him than i did at actually speaking to him! (If that makes sense)

Edited by Davros