OCD

Guest gillianfn

Guest gillianfn

Maybe this should be in the Big Thread, for the proper not rights to discuss ;) but does anyone have, or think they border on, an OCD?

Last week whilst in France with my gorgeous girl, I was accused of having OCD tendencies - not wantting to touch bins with my hands, and if I do, washing them immediately afterwards, having a "thing" about toilets, feeling sick at the sight of dog poo on the street...............

OK - sod it, don't bother answering - I have haven't I? :o

putting coffee in before sugar is just wrong, dont know why but it just is

we dont even drink tea in our house and its still sugar coffee milk then water, as putting water in first "burns" the coffee!

I have my coffee black, good for the figure ;) and cuts out all this sugar/coffee first nonsense. :lol:

Not exactly relevant, but a guy in my office makes a cup of tea by putting a teabag, milk, sugar and cold water in a cup and microwaving it to boiling. How wrong is that? He is American.

I've had a discussion about that before. Is it actually possible to make the water boil in the microwave or does it just "get a bit hot"? Either way it's not something I'd consider.

So OCD. Whenever I use a towel I have to put it back neatly, folding it exactly in half enough so it fits on the rail without crumpling. Also I hate it when people leave the TV on standby.

I've had a discussion about that before. Is it actually possible to make the water boil in the microwave or does it just "get a bit hot"? Either way it's not something I'd consider.

So OCD. Whenever I use a towel I have to put it back neatly, folding it exactly in half enough so it fits on the rail without crumpling. Also I hate it when people leave the TV on standby.

A microwave will make any water based thing as hot as you like, but tea has to be hit by water that is really boiling, right there and then, if it is going to taste good.

I'm no global warming junkie, but you are right about standby, the average appliance uses more electricity on standby during the day and at night than it does when it's being used. Whoops.

Guest gillianfn

Noooooooooooooooooo! You don't put it back. It goes straight into the wash basket........ :o

But what about when you've only used one corner of a hand towel to dry your hands after washing them?

I could understand if you'd used it to dry your entire self after a shower, or blown your nose on it/used it instead of bog roll. But after every use?

Guest gillianfn
But what about when you've only used one corner of a hand towel to dry your hands after washing them?

I could understand if you'd used it to dry your entire self after a shower, or blown your nose on it/used it instead of bog roll. But after every use?

I rest my case. I am slowly beginning to see why all around me are saying, "FFS, you need help Gill" - To be fair, I'm not quite as bad at home but anywhere else and I wouldn't even use the towel!

I've got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, OCD is part of it. I can't stand having things untidy, even down to straightening the magazines on the table, so that they line up parallel to the edge. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

i am like you ,i need to see a tidy living room even the kids toys (his cars are in line when he finish playing with them and no dirtydishes in the sink ,i say "a tidy house help me relax better "

one from me

If I enter a room and a socket switch is on (showing red) and there is no plug in the socket I have to turn it off... my mates had plenty of fun with this at Uni in the halls and shared houses. :blink:

one from "A Friend"

He as to check if he as locked a door (house, room, car etc) at least 6 times before he is happy to walk away from it, he then asks who ever he is with " I did lock that, didnt I".. :angry:

Just remembered another one..

If I drink a little too much, I always end up saying something stupid to the cutest girl near me !! Does this happen to anyone else ? :unsure:

One friend at Uni had to have a small shut off corridor to himself in halls of residence to make sure nobody else could have a dump in "his toilet...

That was probably due to people like me he used to live with.

I had a OCD of when drunk at 3am putting clingfilm over people toilets and putting the seat back down so they got "splash backs" next time they spend a penny or 2 :D

it wasn't big or clever

but it did make me smile ;)

I'm not even going to start with my list of stuff that's on the OCD spectrum. I'd sound like a right nutter.

Except to say that writing lists is one of them ;). I really could go on all day. I'm a tad perfectionistic. Everyone does have obsessions or compulsions - it's how we function - it's just that sometimes it helps everyday life, and sometimes it impedes functioning.

Apparently OCD's a Psychologist thing (especially the list-writing), along with a love of stationary :D .

:wacko: :freak: :joker:

That was probably due to people like me he used to live with.

I had a OCD of when drunk at 3am putting clingfilm over people toilets and putting the seat back down so they got "splash backs" next time they spend a penny or 2 :D

it wasn't big or clever

but it did make me smile ;)

Nope, he had really big time issues. Bit of a Kenneth Williams character, not really keen on people at all, he was gay but was repulsed by the idea of intimacy either physical or personal, so restricted himself to "long shots" over the feet of youthful looking gentlemen who he paid for the service.

Enjoy you tea folks :)

Nope, he had really big time issues. Bit of a Kenneth Williams character, not really keen on people at all, he was gay but was repulsed by the idea of intimacy either physical or personal,
so restricted himself to "long shots" over the feet of youthful looking gentlemen who he paid for the service.
hated rich students :D

Enjoy you tea folks :)

OMG :o

what a nice man :unsure: