OCD

Guest gillianfn

Ok folks how about the flip side of the coin - people with disgusting habits.

This afternoon at work I had to put up with the sight of my colleague nose mining for fully 5 minutes, then without washing his hands go on to scratch his head vigorously, and finish off the repetoire by biting his nails.

Do I have OCD for feeling sick just knowing what he was doing even though I was doing my best to look away?

This afternoon at work I had to put up with the sight of my colleague nose mining for fully 5 minutes, then without washing his hands go on to scratch his head vigorously, and finish off the repetoire by biting his nails.

Do I have OCD for feeling sick just knowing what he was doing even though I was doing my best to look away?

I was actually just posting something about things that make you gag - like your dirty man, and Gillian's dog muck. Not sure if it fits into your topic, but things that make me wretch (again, there are a fair few):

When people cough or sneeze and don't put their hand over their mouth, that's pretty bad.

But the worst for me has to be hair. Any hair that isn't attached to a head (even if I know it's my own), but all the worse if it's wet - like hair in the sink or bath. It makes me gag just thinking about it. :blink:

Strange how things work both ways - until very recently I had a colleague who was bizarrely sensitive to hearing talk about fairly normal things, like having sex with the Skate fish, menstruation, friends who have bizarre accomodations with male prossies, that sort of thing. He would get right to the point of vomiting, so of course I tried as much as I could to get him over the finishing line. As it happened though he would stretch himself at least twice a day so that first his neck, then his back would give a really loud crack in either direction. Every time I wanted to run way, cringe, scream, or whatever, but I had to take it so as not to give away a weakness. Although he is one of the nicest guys I've ever met, I couldn't help but be glad at him leaving for never hearing that again.

Guest gillianfn
I was actually just posting something about things that make you gag - like your dirty man, and Gillian's dog muck. Not sure if it fits into your topic, but things that make me wretch (again, there are a fair few):

When people cough or sneeze and don't put their hand over their mouth, that's pretty bad.

But the worst for me has to be hair. Any hair that isn't attached to a head (even if I know it's my own), but all the worse if it's wet - like hair in the sink or bath. It makes me gag just thinking about it. :blink:

Loads of things have me sicking, smells, sights, sounds, even someone telling me about something vile has me going.

Been thinking about coughing and sneezing - here goes:- done with hand over mouth is ok......... as long as they have some wipes or something to wipe their hands with afterwards. Because if they don't, they then shake hands with you (NOOOOOO) or open the door, touch the escalator, shopping trolleys..... OK, ok, I suppose if I didn't check myself, I'd probably have full blown OCD instead of in a mild form. The first thing I do when I come in from the supermarket is wash my hands before I touch anything at all.

And hair MD, that's funny because whilst I don't/can't touch hair in a sink or anything, it wouldn't make me sick, yet my son has always had a thing about hair. I remember he was sick in the hallway once just before school because he had seen Elizabeth brushing her hair! She knew just how to get at him if he was winding her up, she'd let her ponytail out and stick her head near him so he'd run a mile! :devil:

Edited by gillianfn

You dont even want to get me started on OCD, i am terrible.

If i play football i have to put my shin pads on a certain way and then when i put my socks on i need to pull them up in a certain way and in the right order. I have to do my right foot first and that includes putting my boots on, plus they have to be tied in a certain way. Then when the refs about to blow the whistle i have to be touching my tatoo on my arm or i think i will have a bad game or get injured. I know htis sounds starnge, but the only time i never did it just to prove to myself i was being stupid i ended up in hospital with a suspected broken ankle whoch turned out to be damaged ligaments.

Also, if i look at the time on my watch, i need to look at it, then look away three times for some strange reason. And if i put the key in the ignition i have to put it in a certain way, so if the wife has been driving to pick me up and i then drive i will have to check the key, turn off the ignition, take the key out, turn it round, and restart the car before i can drive off.

I only have to drink alcohol on a day of the week with a "y" in it. B)

When I put the key in the ignition, I have to make sure that the chain of keyrings I have hanging off it are completely disentangled.

As it happened though he would stretch himself at least twice a day so that first his neck, then his back would give a really loud crack in either direction.

I can do that, though I tend not to do it in the presence of others. There's something strangely gratifying about twisting your back so that 6 vertebrae crack at once.

I should see a doctor.

Guest jet_dd34

Hair! Yukkie!! Especially if it's a long black one (Mum!!!) on yer breakfast plate and yer just tucking into a juicy sausage, smothered in brown sauce. Puts me right off. :bigcry::dead:

Hair! Yukkie!! Especially if it's a long black one (Mum!!!) on yer breakfast plate and yer just tucking into a juicy sausage, smothered in brown sauce. Puts me right off. :bigcry::dead:

I'd have thought your mum's hair would be grey by now, what with looking after you and your sister. :lol:

Btw, I absolutely hate hair in my food. It is the stuff of vomit! :angry:

Sister has it,everything has got to be neat and tidy.

She will take your plate the minute you've finished with it and wash it up.All the cushions on the chairs and sofa have to be properly plumped and positioned before she can leave the house and a while ago i came home and she'd called while i was out to pick something up.My bookcases had been re-arranged so that they were neat in size order largest to the left on each shelf down to smallest on the right.

Sister has it,everything has got to be neat and tidy.

She will take your plate the minute you've finished with it and wash it up.All the cushions on the chairs and sofa have to be properly plumped and positioned before she can leave the house and a while ago i came home and she'd called while i was out to pick something up.My bookcases had been re-arranged so that they were neat in size order largest to the left on each shelf down to smallest on the right.

If your fed up with her actions please send me a PM.. i can give her a few hours a week to do her thing while I'm out at work !!

words used carefully as to not upset and start any sister jokes, I've more class than chickers B)