Lookers to come down within 10 days

posted in april that its coming down in june.

wonder if the club would let us all sit in the other stands, and have played famous radio recordings of great matches at boundary park as a final fitting tribute to the one and only 'ford' stand as it comes down???

would have to look up the clips but the echo of;

" moulden turns inside the box... what's he going to do? OH HAND BALL?....referee says play on... surely it's hand ball against viv anderson? ....... barlow plays it in.... sheffield wednesday, desperate measures....barlow,PENALTY!!!!....OLDHAM HAVE GOT A PENALTY!!!!......"

well you get the idea!!!

ps....thanks Shez!!

Edited by thetramdriver

Sounds like a good idea that tram driver, run a comp to see who presses the button that blows it up, but its not a tower and they wont be blowing it up. it will be coming down over the coarse of a week or two, like they did with the roxy, and i certainly aint sitting there for two week freezin me nads off at night while they take it down brick by brick.

maybe they could give away the bricks tho.

Sounds like a good idea that tram driver, run a comp to see who presses the button that blows it up, but its not a tower and they wont be blowing it up. it will be coming down over the coarse of a week or two, like they did with the roxy, and i certainly aint sitting there for two week freezin me nads off at night while they take it down brick by brick.

maybe they could give away the bricks tho.

I've got that commentary on my iTunes, just stuck it on, still raises a shiver.

I've got that commentary on my iTunes, just stuck it on, still raises a shiver.

i seriously doubt they will take it down brick by brick......

the internals have all been removed so it is basically a shell thats left,it wont take long to tear it down,the longest part will be removing the debris and making it flat and secure.

i reckon they could have it down in a matter of hours if they wanted too.

Was it Liverpool who put a board up and painted pictures of supporters on it while they re-devloped ? Remember there being a big kick off because there was no black people painted onto it :lol:

Be cool to do something like that :D

Edited by oafc0000

Was it Liverpool who put a board up and painted pictures of supporters on it while they re-devloped ? Remember there being a big kick off because there was no black people painted onto it :lol:

Be cool to do something like that :D

It was Arsenal. Personally I thougt it looked a tadge tacky.

KOTK

Yeah your right... I thought it was better than having a building site showing.....

Or just make it extra parking space, a la Blackpool?

Seriously they have to have high enough boarding to stop people getting a free view of a game :grin:

Or just make it extra parking space, a la Blackpool?

Seriously they have to have high enough boarding to stop people getting a free view of a game :grin:

:mmm: Kronenbourg at 6 for 5 from the offy and a Hollands pie from the chippy :mmm:

:)

:mmm: Kronenbourg at 6 for 5 from the offy and a Hollands pie from the chippy :mmm:

:)

i am lead to beleive we are having some sort of mural on the hoardings,as myself and a few others mentioned this when it was announced it was coming down months back...

now im not 1005 sure but someone told me they were trying to get local schools to paint sections of it....but i could be wrong....

if that doesnt come off then i think they should do a massive poster/s of the new development to wet our appetites for when building begins......