it sounds like a mate of a mate story and you dont have to believe me but my mate just saw andy cole at the airport this morning and he himslef said hes mulling over a contract offer from LATICS leeds donny an southend, leeds have offered him the most but he hates them

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds like a mate of a mate story and you dont have to believe me but my mate just saw andy cole at the airport this morning and he himslef said hes mulling over a contract offer from LATICS leeds donny an southend, leeds have offered him the most but he hates them

can't see it myself but you never know I suppose. First thing Monday morning seems a bit to early for a professional footballer to be out and about! I thought we had enough forwards and that he would want way more than we could offer even tho' TTA's have been known to speculate to accumulate.

If this is true then you would suspect he would be signing for Donny then.... I doubt we will see him....

why cant you see it 1st thing monday morning can he not get an early flight on a summer holiday? I dont think he would join us personally im only posting what he said, btw cole can play in midfield and o grady can play on the wing, it would possibly be a crowd pleasing move

can't see it myself but you never know I suppose. First thing Monday morning seems a bit to early for a professional footballer to be out and about! I thought we had enough forwards and that he would want way more than we could offer even tho' TTA's have been known to speculate to accumulate.

Edited by dean 1984

why cant you see it 1st thing monday morning can he not get an early flight on a summer holiday? I dont think he would join us personally im only posting what he said, btw cole can play in midfield and o grady can play on the wing, it would possibly be a crowd pleasing move

Its very unlikely we could meet his wage demands to be honest...

Imagine a Scholes / Cole double swoop :D Now that WOULD boost season ticket sales :lol:

Can't see it either TBH... I cant even see the TTA offering him a deal either, if they had that much to splash on wages it would be better used in another area. We have Davies, Hughesy, Aless, Smalley and O'Gravy not forgetting Wolfy, just think the money would be better spent in another area!

Can't see it either TBH... I cant even see the TTA offering him a deal either, if they had that much to splash on wages it would be better used in another area. We have Davies, Hughesy, Aless, Smalley and O'Gravy not forgetting Wolfy, just think the money would be better spent in another area!

Your right....no room for another forward....and personally I would never waste Andy Cole in midfield....

Edited by oafc0000

I've just spoken to my Burnley colleague about this rumour. He says he was excellent for them at Championship level last season. He had a real 'footballing brain' and was still streets ahead of his team mates in terms of passing and shooting. (Bear in mind though that his strike partner there was Ade Akinbiyi!)

The main problem though was his fitness - he only played a handful of games for them in the 4 months or so he was there and he also can't run much anymore. This led to him getting some stick from the fans as it gave the illusion that he was lazy. However he said his attitude on the pitch when he could play and in interviews was spot on.

If we could keep him fit he'd do a job for us, but given that he'd probably be on a fair wedge would it be worth it?

What some dont seem to consider is that Andy Cole is probably more concerned about football matters than pay packets. I doubt he is too bothered about whether he is earning £3k or £6k a week. He wants to play football. Chances are he has been offered one year deals which, using my speculative wage offers, would equate to 150k (before tax) difference over the year. He was earning that in 3 weeks not so long ago and will be worth a fortune.......therefore he will choose to join whoever he fancies most with regards to set-up, prospects and location. That could well be us.... :)

I really can't see this happening and in view of Nervous Tic's comments regarding his fitness at Burnley I would have major reservations about the whole thing.

Don't think it'll happen but a forward line of Hughesy and Cole in this division would be quality. Think he'd still bag 20 + for us. Think he'll choose Donny or Leeds.

What some dont seem to consider is that Andy Cole is probably more concerned about football matters than pay packets. I doubt he is too bothered about whether he is earning £3k or £6k a week. He wants to play football. Chances are he has been offered one year deals which, using my speculative wage offers, would equate to 150k (before tax) difference over the year. He was earning that in 3 weeks not so long ago and will be worth a fortune.......therefore he will choose to join whoever he fancies most with regards to set-up, prospects and location. That could well be us.... :)

good post :)

god, im sick of people goin on about donny. seem to be mentioned in every post these days. boring.

good post :)

god, im sick of people goin on about donny. seem to be mentioned in every post these days. boring.

I agree, I never liked the Osmond's as a kid but he was always the ponce who all the girls loved!!! i especially hated Pupply Love. Arghhhhhhhh. Go back home donny.

I agree, I never liked the Osmond's as a kid but he was always the ponce who all the girls loved!!! i especially hated Pupply Love. Arghhhhhhhh. Go back home donny.

i cant see it myself,however he still lives in cheshire,and can often be found walking round the trafford centre,usually early sunday morning before it gets really busy.

i too dont think his wages would be a problem,like has been said at his age and stage of carear,he simply wants to carry on playing football,he has made his money over the years,and will have invested wisely for his retirement....so maybe the club have offered him a 1 year pay as you play deal......he will still score goals,and could definately do a job from the bench.........

i cant see it myself,however he still lives in cheshire,and can often be found walking round the trafford centre,usually early sunday morning before it gets really busy.

i too dont think his wages would be a problem,like has been said at his age and stage of carear,he simply wants to carry on playing football,he has made his money over the years,and will have invested wisely for his retirement....so maybe the club have offered him a 1 year pay as you play deal......he will still score goals,and could definately do a job from the bench.........

What donny osmond?? :grin:

......he will still score goals,and could definately do a job from the bench.........

that's precisely the reason he's already turned down an offer from Burnley...he isn't prepared to spend huge chunks of time on the bench. If he's fit he wants to be playing.

Can't see it myself...

that's precisely the reason he's already turned down an offer from Burnley...he isn't prepared to spend huge chunks of time on the bench. If he's fit he wants to be playing.

Can't see it myself...

I've come in late to this and am trying to catch up. Have we offered Donny Osmond a contract? What for?

Half-time entertainment? Mormon chaplain?

:cardinal:

If he doesn't like big crowds then Boundary Park could be ideal! :wink:

PMSL! Nice one.

Personally, I want to see how he will "do a job from the bench". On second thoughts maybe not...