Streamlining of Forums

As was raised earlier, there has been some recent streamlining of the forums on OWTB, with the aim of making the site as user friendly as possible. As Inspiral_Carpet mentioned earlier, the most notable change has been the removal of the Latics Media forum. None of the posts in the media forum have been lost, they have simply been moved into this forum, and we encourage people to continue to post media in here.

The work on the site is ongoing and, once complete, I'll post a full rundown of all changes.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile

By streamlining the forums you are now starting to cause conjestion within each catergory and actually making subjects (threads and Posts) more difficult to find.

i actually like "the terraces" and "The Turnstyle" re branding.

How about "The Season Ticket"? A forum excusively for ST holders. However, on a day like Celebration Sunday, everyone would be able to post in it...

What about "Soundings"? That would cover the sound of the fans in general, including singers, chanters, moaners, talkers, rumour-mongers, mates of mates of rumour-mongers' mates, encouragers, opposition-baiters, player-baiters, ref and assistant ref-mistrusters and the drummer, and would cover those parts of the ground with the technical constraints (just for carrabanana!) not shared by the RRE. B)

what the f***s going on? I've come on here and don't recognise MY own website. Who gave you lot the right to alter it?

It's all over the place and makes no sense. yes I know I've had a few but isn't that the whole point?

cue mods getting all uppittey.

Why can't you leave things alone? What was wrong with Alan McNeil and Tommy Bryceland?

Guest oa_exile
As was raised earlier, there has been some recent streamlining of the forums on OWTB, with the aim of making the site as user friendly as possible. As Inspiral_Carpet mentioned earlier, the most notable change has been the removal of the Latics Media forum. None of the posts in the media forum have been lost,

To add to my last post .........

You need to consider that , you , me and other seasoned OWTB members dont have a problem to access historical threads and posts but other members find it more difficult to navigate OWTB.

You have used the word "streamlining" what you are actually doing is compressing , hence for some the difficulty to find past threads and posts.

As an example , the "Media Forum" had built up a good historical database for past Latics matches , removing it to the Archives would maybe have been a better alternative ?

I have also noticed that some of the other lesser used forums such as "Latics Programme Vault" 14 Topics and "The Oldham Trust" 8 Topics have kept pride of place........ I agree they should keep there place but some some favoritism shown there ?

Anyway you do what you feel is best I just dont want to see 18 months worth of databases that have been nurtured lost amongst the daily threads and post , more to the point difficult for members to find when the aim of the excersize is to make OWTB more user friendly to ALL.

To add to my last post .........

You need to consider that , you , me and other seasoned OWTB members dont have a problem to access historical threads and posts but other members find it more difficult to navigate OWTB.

You have used the word "streamlining" what you are actually doing is compressing , hence for some the difficulty to find past threads and posts.

As an example , the "Media Forum" had built up a good historical database for past Latics matches , removing it to the Archives would maybe have been a better alternative ?

I have also noticed that some of the other lesser used forums such as "Latics Programme Vault" 14 Topics and "The Oldham Trust" 8 Topics have kept pride of place........ I agree they should keep there place but some some favoritism shown there ?

Anyway you do what you feel is best I just dont want to see 18 months worth of databases that have been nurtured lost amongst the daily threads and post , more to the point difficult for members to find when the aim of the excersize is to make OWTB more user friendly to ALL.

Andy - You more than most know how many Members have asked for the number of Forums to be cut down. That is now happening following that feedback and a review but as was said earlier in the thread, it's only part way through. The Trust Oldham Forum is going (posts will be moved to "The Terraces") and there are other changes still to be made.

As you know, there are numerous ways to view posts on OWTB and everyone has their own preferred method. Consequently, nothing will ever be satisfactory to everybody but as we have only ever had feedback that there are too many Forums, then it makes sense to review them regularly and Streamline (or compress them) where appropriate. The intention is not to make life difficult and there is no favouritism either whatever you are implying there.

If we've got something wrong, then we will look at it.

If anyone has a difficulty in finding things, then all they have to do is ask either the Mods (and we will reply via PM) or on a thread when many other Members - especially you - are very helpful in telling people how to go about things.

Guest oa_exile
Andy - You more than most know how many Members have asked for the number of Forums to be cut down. That is now happening following that feedback and a review but as was said earlier in the thread, it's only part way through. The Trust Oldham Forum is going (posts will be moved to "The Terraces") and there are other changes still to be made.

As you know, there are numerous ways to view posts on OWTB and everyone has their own preferred method. Consequently, nothing will ever be satisfactory to everybody but as we have only ever had feedback that there are too many Forums, then it makes sense to review them regularly and Streamline (or compress them) where appropriate. The intention is not to make life difficult and there is no favouritism either whatever you are implying there.

If we've got something wrong, then we will look at it.

If anyone has a difficulty in finding things, then all they have to do is ask either the Mods (and we will reply via PM) or on a thread when many other Members - especially you - are very helpful in telling people how to go about things.

I am not disageeing with the Forum updates more to considering keeping it user friendly for everyone , lets keep the quality of the MB whilst reducing the quantity , dont compromise the important threads and databases.

I was not implying anything , it was a direct question with regards to those two threads , the Media is a more important forum than the other two.

I think you have got something wrong with culling the Media Forum , hence the post.

I do not have any problems at all to help any members if they have problems navigating OWTB.

I think the changes are great, how about a "How to Search" thread in the techy help bit to help the newbies look for stuff.

I can't remember if there is one or not.

In really dont care what the Forums are called , I just dont want the "Important" parts of the forums going into oblivion and difficult for members to find.

Dont know how you can term losing the Media Forum as "Great" , whatever floats your boat , personally I think its a damn shame after all the work put in by members into growing it.