M.E.N. Oldham book

When I was back home a few weeks ago, I saw an advert in the Sport section of the MEN for an 'Oldham Greats' book (there was also a Dale and a Stockport one), or something to that effect...with the same old stuff in it, profiles, glossy pictures etc. The old man hinted he'd want it for Father's Day...does anyone on here know where I could get it from? I've checked the MEN website but can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by jsslatic

I hinted I wanted it for my birthday last week, in fact, more than hinted, I tore the page out of the paper, showed it to the wife and said "I wouldn't mind that" Did I get it? Did I eckerslike.

I would be interested to know if it is worth having before going and getting one out of my own pocket.

jss - I will dig out the page at home and let you know how to go about getting it, they said you could either nip in to their offices in town but I think you can also order on line of via the phone.

When I was back home a few weeks ago, I saw an advert in the Sport section of the MEN for an 'Oldham Greats' book (there was also a Dale and a Stockport one), or something to that effect...with the same old stuff in it, profiles, glossy pictures etc. The old man hinted he'd want it for Father's Day...does anyone on here know where I could get it from? I've checked the MEN website but can't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

There are a couple of books available via the Latics Shop (and on-line version too)

Latics Lads - SALE

The Official Who's Who of Oldham Athletic 1907 - 2002. Hard Back Book. Special Offer - now £14.99

Legends of Oldham Athletic SALE

A must for all Latics Fans.. Featuring 100 Latics Legends. SALE now £12.99!!

So I don't know if either of these is the one you are looking for, but the Legends one looks pretty good.

Just had a quick look for you now but dont appear to be in todays M.E.N...

I got the same hint from my dad when it was in the programme. Order one and it arrived a couple of weeks ago, with his name in it. I think it's safe to say that I'm really disappointed with it. I'm guessing not many were ordered as there are only about 6 ndedicated names in it. A number of the photos are reproduced digi photos that are badly pixelated, they've got a picture of Graeme Sharp with Pointon's profile, a few spelling mistakes...and to say it is advertised as ' Legends of Oldham Athletic the last 25 years' the 'Legend' profiles include...

Carlo, Killen, Wolfenden, Lomax, Beckett, Smalley, Alessandra, Hazell and Thompson and nobody prior to the 1989 squad.

Bit disappointing...but who knows, dad might like it.

If you're still interested the publishers are At Heart www.atheart.co.uk they might have some more?

I got the book as a 'get well soon' present whilst recently in hospital, I found it quite a good read although its probably stuff you will already know! The format is a picture of the player on one side of the page and a little write up on the other. The person that bought it me went and picked it up from the m.e.n building/shop in Manchester city centre (near deansgate i think) hope that helps