New Sponser

Ive heard along the grape vine and from some very good sources that Hillstone can't afford to sponser the club for much longer. This is due to the current poor housing market. Anyone else heard similar things or has this all been said before?

Few things have been floating around for many months .....

This is the last year they will be current sponsors,I'd be surprised if this changes so late into the summer (yes i know its only the 2nd week of June) and that the new kit will be in the club shop very soon with what looks like Hillstone on the front.

Hillstone may be in financial trouble but unless they go bust I can't see them not finishing out the last year of their contract as I would presume its been paid up (can't see it being a multi-million pound thing to be fair). The guys that own the company seem like reasonably genuine Latics fans who have had enough success that they can give the club some money (wasn't the cheap games 18 months ago on their backing) and them struggling to make thier side of the deal means that hopefully we can be negotiating early with a prospective new sponsors and get the best deal. Plus with the new tv contract and our championship ambitions might see us getting a slightly better deal.

Edited by rudemedic

They paid a lump sum up front and they have to pay a set amount for each of the 3 seasons they sponsored the kit. All money has been paid up to date, but not sure when they have to pay for this season if they havent already done so.

There is no way they will change the sponosor for this season though, the shirts are near enough made by now, if they changed the sponosor we wouldnt have a new kit for the start of the season as it takes 8-10 weeks from placing the order to taking delivery.

I know for a fact that Hillstones are struggling. I got pulled off a job that involved Hillstones because money hadn't been paid. Plus the job near Mumps has more or less ground to a halt. Also wasn't there something in the Chron the other week about the owners of Hillstone pulling out of Chaddy Town without any warning? Saying that I know nothing whether Latics have been paid for this season or not.

The Chadderton FC situation is VERY strange. Before it came to light that they were struggling they had been quoted in the chron as saying that the constant repairs to vandalism of the ground was costing them a small fortune. Truth is, they didnt pay for any of the repairs, nothing was being fixed. Thats when i suspected there was trouble brewing.

They wont pay for entry into the FA Vase, even though the club secretary ofered them the money in exchange for a company cheque.

Seems to me like its only a matter of time, which is a real shame as Tony and Craig have always seemed like really great blokes whenever ive spoken to them. I do hope they pull through the trouble.

Plus the job near Mumps has more or less ground to a halt.

As long as the job behind Yorkshire Street (Cardinal Court?) remains unfinished, the view of the Parish Church from Huddersfield Road will not be completely obliterated. How did they ever get planning permission for that eyesore? :angry:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

As long as the job behind Yorkshire Street (Cardinal Court?) remains unfinished, the view of the Parish Church from Huddersfield Road will not be completely obliterated. How did they ever get planning permission for that eyesore? :angry:

I have met the men behind Hillstones a few times and frankly they are 2 bob millionaires IMHO. Just hope they dont shaft us on payments. That Victory development on union street has a snagging list like war and piece I understand, and they are now trying to shove DSS in there, quality!!!

I have met the men behind Hillstones a few times and frankly they are 2 bob millionaires IMHO. Just hope they dont shaft us on payments. That Victory development on union street has a snagging list like war and piece I understand, and they are now trying to shove DSS in there, quality!!!

I used to go to College with Mr Halliwell and he was good mates with one of my mates. He has also sat in the Chaddy end for years. He is a surveryor I think by trade so probably doesn’t have much of a business background.

Like many in the construction industry they did well out of the growth in the housing market but I assume didn’t think too much about sustaining that growth which has probably now caused them cash flow problems. Plenty of similar businesses go out of business all the time in that sector, one day they are cash rich, the next they are insolvent.

I used to go to College with Mr Halliwell and he was good mates with one of my mates. He has also sat in the Chaddy end for years. He is a surveryor I think by trade so probably doesn’t have much of a business background.

Like many in the construction industry they did well out of the growth in the housing market but I assume didn’t think too much about sustaining that growth which has probably now caused them cash flow problems. Plenty of similar businesses go out of business all the time in that sector, one day they are cash rich, the next they are insolvent.

[/quo

He tried telling me once how he is just as important to the club than TTA. He was half cut!!! LOL