its dale away

PIKEY BAR, PIKEY BAR, PIKEY BAR. There's a vid on youtube of said bar, a lad I grew up with on turf hill being stabbed (a video that made the local rags the other week). Lovely place. Only ever been in once. Stayed 5 minutes. It wont be open on a tuesday night thankfully.

The Baum's rubbish, Richie. Please tell me you dont go in there.

That's not the next closest anyway. The Cemmy Inn and even Litten Tree, etc. are just as close. ROAM. I'll probably be in Dale all of the afternoon (or most of it) as well. :grin:

Its for the posh kids Rocky, to be honest the only bar I have ever gone in in Dale and I use to be out in tiwn all the time ...... rest are rubbish and you have to wear SHOES and yet they are full of Chavs !?!?!???

Not really a match that inspires me to take time off work to travel up though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its for the posh kids Rocky, to be honest the only bar I have ever gone in in Dale and I use to be out in tiwn all the time ...... rest are rubbish and you have to wear SHOES and yet they are full of Chavs !?!?!???

For me not to be in the Baum in Christmas Eve would be like the ravens leaving the Tower of London or the Barbary Apes leaving Gibraltar. It's the only decent one in the town centre, TBH the pub scene there was never great and hasn't got better over the years.

I know it's for the posh kid's mark. :lol::wink: The lad who owns it. Simon, is a stuck up ponce who I now happen to be related too. Not by choice because he's a c**k in general. Shame that place isnt run by his brother craig, as i'd be in there all the time if that was the case.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Wondered where you've been hiding or how long it'd take you to come on. Bet your lads happy with the draw. :wink: There's one or two who dont like Oldham, most couldnt care less. It's like the reverse with us and them - one or two dont like dale, most couldnt care less.

Should think the cemmy will be a bit busier than the friendly last season where we had the place to ourselves. The Church is indeed the home pub, but you're wrong if you think that's where the newly formed (last 2 seasons) "rochdale yoof" go. They're not even old enough to get served half of them (There's one or two in my cousins year at school. Who's 15) and they're most definately not welcome in there. Even by some of their older lot who go in, who along with the dale support - find them embarrassing. You'd never get trouble or anything in there, purely because the regulars are anything but trouble makers. The owners wouldnt allow anyone who looks like causing trouble to even enter and if they did somehow get in and caused problems - You'd be chased by a beast of a dog down the cobbled street :o : They're not as gobby as they once were since Bradford came and clipped their wings. I wouldnt even worry about them, they probably wont even turn up - they're only ever seen when they think they can bully the oppositions fans.

Hey Rocky ! How are ya mate ?. Wasnt meanin the Dale 'yoof posse' went in the Church - I know most who go in there are seriously embarrassed by their antics and that the yoofs would run a mile if anyone ever fronted them up ! I know also most Daleys dont actually hate Latics but they tend to be dismissive and the green-eyed monster appears ! Wouldnt be good to loose to em tho - its their cup final after all !!

Oh, and just where will LBD be sittin ?? - maybe dale can give him a section to himself in main stand ?? ;)