blank windows

boboafc

does any one know how i can close a blank window? sometimes when i click on a site ,the window only opens a blank window at the bottom of my pc ,and it won't close when i click close on it?,theonly way i know how to close it is to close my pc then re start it which takes time ,so any know how to close a blank window????????

not a clue ,how do i check ?

Do this:

On your keyboard, press down the windows logo key and the pause/break key at the same time. A system properties dialogue box will open, in this box there will be information regarding your system. It will report SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP (or whatever operating system you are using).

Your browser; I think it will be Internet Explorer to be honest Bob - without even looking.

I doubt you would have installed Firefox for it's powerful JavaScript and CSS error warning console somehow...

:grin:

its Microsoft Windows XP

Does your PC freeze up, do you have to restart? Or can you do other tasks whilst the empty window is still active? If it freezes then it sounds malware related, which could be tricky because we'll have to use a few things that'll mean you posting up HJT logs and such like.

Which sites are you trying to open?

Is always the same sites?

When was the last time you did a virus scan/spyware scan/malware scan/adware scan?

Is there a X closedown button in the blank window?

What is the title of the blank window? For instance this thread in my Firefox browser says:

blank windows - OWTB Forums - Mozilla Firefox

bobht3.jpg

Which sites are you trying to open?

Is always the same sites?

When was the last time you did a virus scan/spyware scan/malware scan/adware scan?

Is there a X closedown button in the blank window?

What is the title of the blank window? For instance this thread in my Firefox browser says:

blank windows - OWTB Forums - Mozilla Firefox

bobht3.jpg

:lol: PMSL. Best help message ever!

got help from answer bank ,someone just said click ctrl+alt+del and it open's the task manager then just click on end task .. but thanks rummy for helping too

Bob, I've got to say the answer you got is lame. You are just suppressing the problem and not addressing it.

If you want to use Task Manager every time you get a blank window fine, but wouldn't you rather get it sorted so you don't get the windows?