Goal Celebration And Entrance Music

The thing with Guns of Navarone is that it is something that I'm sure no-one else uses so that we could make it our own. I can't believe all the people suggesting music from other clubs!

Completely 100% agree jorvik. CAn't understand that one bit.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, form the outset, I don;t get to enough games to know

WHat do the other teams play:

Just so they don't get nominated

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Bolton

Chelsea

Everton

Fulham

Hull

Liverpool

Man City

Man Utd

Middlesbrough

Newcastle

Portsmouth

Stoke

Sunderland

Tottenham

West Brom

West Ham

Wigan

Barnsley

Birmingham

Blackpool

Bristol City

Burnley

Cardiff

Charlton

Coventry

Crystal Palace

Derby

Doncaster

Ipswich

Norwich

Nottm Forest

Plymouth

Preston

QPR

Reading

Sheff Utd

Sheff Wed

Southampton

Swansea

Watford

Wolverhampton

Brighton

Bristol Rovers

Carlisle

Cheltenham

Colchester

Crewe

Hartlepool

Hereford

Huddersfield

Leeds

Leicester

Leyton Orient

Millwall

Milton Keynes Dons

Northampton

Oldham

Peterborough

Scunthorpe

Southend

Stockport

Swindon

Tranmere

Walsall

Yeovil

It isn't goal music but it is entrance music, as there is no reason why the latter has to be epic stuff, just unique. City fans I know tell me that when they play that slowed down version of Blue Moon when they're about to kick off at home, the effect can be spine tingling. Mouldy Old Dough is, similarly, uniquely our own.

It's tribal, like it should be.

Spot on Corp. What we are looking for is something that is distinct. That resonates with "Latics-ness". Even when MOD was first played it was a unique, idiosyncratic statement - it would be even more so now.

When Fanfare was the entrance song, the two teams came out separately. So there was either silence or something inconsequential for the visitors and that music for the Latics, building a sense of anticipation for our boys. Now the teams come out together how much better is it to have something that is totally our own!?

Edited by LaticsPete

they're playing a load of different ones. i found it really funny last night, pirlo scored and the italians went mental, then they started to die down after the initial roar so the PA put the song on then! must have been about 30seconds later!

Really? Its been the same one at the games ive watched. Not sure what the one ive heard is but even if im not a fan of the team playing the music really gets me buzzing for want of a better word!!

Spot on Corp. What we are looking for is something that is distinct. That resonates with "Latics-ness". Even when MOD was first played it was a unique, idiosyncratic statement - it would be even more so now.

When Fanfare was the entrance song, the two teams came out separately. So there was either silence or something inconsequential for the visitors and that music for the Latics, building a sense of anticipation for our boys. Now the teams come out together how much better is it to have something that is totally our own!?

Everton take to the field to the theme from Z-cars. That's not a big epic tune either. MOD is Latics' theme, it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!

If this is put on a proper poll, it would need to be a ranking of suggestions 'cos there's been some I'd hate, but if it wasn't MOD it'd have to be FftCM.

Everton take to the field to the theme from Z-cars. That's not a big epic tune either. MOD is Latics' theme, it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!

If this is put on a proper poll, it would need to be a ranking of suggestions 'cos there's been some I'd hate, but if it wasn't MOD it'd have to be FftCM.

Nominations for this have now closed, Ill have a poll up as soon as I have had it okayed by OAFC. Keep checking back

Goal: Guns of Navarone Specials

Entrance: The theme from Benny Hill :wink:

That'd be brilliant, but for goal celebration.

Dunno about entrance, but for goal celebration: a recording of 500 Latics fans singing "who are ya!" at the opposition fans. played for exactly a minute. Or not...

I've always enjoyed the classic Tom Hark really.

That'd be brilliant, but for goal celebration.

Dunno about entrance, but for goal celebration: a recording of 500 Latics fans singing "who are ya!" at the opposition fans. played for exactly a minute. Or not...

I've always enjoyed the classic Tom Hark really.

I reckon we should have this as the Entrance Music - really sums up what it is like watching the Latics sometimes.....

The problem I have with Mouldy Old Dough is that people coming to the club for the first time will not get it one bit. All it does is appease the die hard supporters and isn't a song which will inspire the players (who won't have a clue what connection the UK number 4 hit from the 1970's has to do with latics).

The classical tune they played during the Dowie era (it begins with a C, cant remember the exact name) was epic and had a wide ranging appeal.

Please, anything but Mouldy Old Dough... I see it as a backward step, we could definately find something a little bit original that will get the players and supporters riled up for the game.

The problem I have with Mouldy Old Dough is that people coming to the club for the first time will not get it one bit. All it does is appease the die hard supporters and isn't a song which will inspire the players (who won't have a clue what connection the UK number 4 hit from the 1970's has to do with latics).

The classical tune they played during the Dowie era (it begins with a C, cant remember the exact name) was epic and had a wide ranging appeal.

Please, anything but Mouldy Old Dough... I see it as a backward step, we could definately find something a little bit original that will get the players and supporters riled up for the game.

both my mates who I regulalry go with hate Mouldy Old Dough

For me I want to hear mouldy old dough as I walk through the turnstiles and am taking to my seat buying a programme/pie because thats what will for me always be assoicated with going to Latics. i hope its always used at Latics and is forever connected with us. However I wouldn't want it as the tune we run out too as it neither gets the heart pumping or is something that we could all sing along too together like You'll never walk alone or Blue Moon.

For me I want to hear mouldy old dough as I walk through the turnstiles and am taking to my seat buying a programme/pie because thats what will for me always be assoicated with going to Latics. i hope its always used at Latics and is forever connected with us. However I wouldn't want it as the tune we run out too as it neither gets the heart pumping or is something that we could all sing along too together like You'll never walk alone or Blue Moon.

i dont mind it being played, it will always remind me of good times, but it simply is not entrance music.

i dont mind it being played, it will always remind me of good times, but it simply is not entrance music.

But it is....and was.

Glossop - You suggest we should have something that we could sing along to, but that's not realistic I'm afraid. Hell, its hard enough to get people singing during the match.

Edited by LaticsPete

Shouldnt we be looking through the Inspirals back catalogue?

Also get a few of these t-shirts in the shop as well

http://www.inspiralcarpets.com/showscreen....tegoryfilter=54

If you want an Inspirals track to run out to, then surely it has to be 'I Want You'?

No one ever said it was gonna be easy

A pain to tease me, the barrier's broken

Climbing aboard on a white knuckle ride

Churns my insides and the wheels are in motion

I WANT YOU

My heart is set, harder and harder

The chance of defeat is not in my nature

I've set a course and you're the receiver

I'm the retriever, I'm out to get you

I WANT YOU, RIGHT NOW AND FOREVER

No one ever said it was gonna be easy

A pain to tease me, the barrier's broken

Climbing aboard on a white knuckle ride that

Churns my insides and the wheels are in motion

The barrier's broken (4x)

I WANT YOU

Mouldy Old dough will always be the latics entrance anthem no matter what they play, in my mind anyway(it always reminds me of standing in the main stand paddock with Jimmy Frizzell and Bill Tyalor and Billy Urmston on the bench in front of us.

Its not olden, its golden