Leeds Home game another midweek fixture

With the reduced capacity, it would be a sell-out whenever it was played.

Makes it difficult for long distance season ticket holding exiles though. I guess it is easier to be motivated to get to a home game versus Leeds as opposed to a similar tuesday night fixture against Cheltenham or the like.

Yeah I know I was rather disappointed we got them midweek again especially as its highly likely that there will be a game on TV the same night due to the Champions League. Maybe there's a reason we play Leeds at home midweek (maybe the coppers don't want it on a Saturday).

Pity as the club would probably get more people in if we played them on a saturday.

It's a reduced capacity so it'd be impossible to get more people in. The attendance on last seasons tuesday night fixture is more than what the capacity will be (or pretty much spot on), so it makes no difference whatsoever.

It's a reduced capacity so it'd be impossible to get more people in. The attendance on last seasons tuesday night fixture is more than what the capacity will be (or pretty much spot on), so it makes no difference whatsoever.

It is a Police issue, as long as leeds are in this league we will play them Midweeks. Their are numerous police issues as to why it must be a midweek game.... If it was a weekend it would be guaranteed that either Manure or Citeh will be at home that weekend not to mention the other surrounding clubs therefore police numbers could cause an issue! Take into account that Oldham Town Centre on Saturday nights isnt the safest place in the world add 4-5k of leeds scum to that = chaos. With the attendance likely to be high there needs to be a full police presence, plus the trouble at previous tics/leeds matches all combined means it will be a mid - week game! If i remember correctly when we played leeds in the Premiership the home leg was also midweek and had a bit of crowd trouble (dont hold me to that as i was only a nipper) . Oldham Athletic & Oldham Police when sending off their fixture requirements always ask for this match to be midweek!

Have a look on the fishul site, the news article on how fixtures are produced gives a better insight!

Edited by Davros

It is a Police issue, as long as leeds are in this league we will play them Midweeks. Their are numerous police issues as to why it must be a midweek game.... If it was a weekend it would be guaranteed that either Manure or Citeh will be at home that weekend not to mention the other surrounding clubs therefore police numbers could cause an issue! Take into account that Oldham Town Centre on Saturday nights isnt the safest place in the world add 4-5k of leeds scum to that = chaos. With the attendance likely to be high there needs to be a full police presence, plus the trouble at previous tics/leeds matches all combined means it will be a mid - week game! If i remember correctly when we played leeds in the Premiership the home leg was also midweek and had a bit of crowd trouble (dont hold me to that as i was only a nipper) . Oldham Athletic & Oldham Police when sending off their fixture requirements always ask for this match to be midweek!

Have a look on the fishul site, the news article on how fixtures are produced gives a better insight!

doesnt really matter when we play them does it,were gonna take 6 points off them anyway....then watch kilkenny skulking off to the chorus of boos and judas chants,lol

Argh again - i thought that would happen!!!! Is this a Police issue????

Yep, we've not played Leeds at home on a Saturday since my 15th Birthday on 8th Feb 1992, Cantona's debut, 2-0 win vs the Champs elect. The Leeds fans behaviour that day was deplorable. They had the large part of the RRE terrace us the small, when Bernard puts us in front they decided to throw hot beverages at women and kids in our end then pots of piss after that. After the game they went on the rampage. Every time we've played them at BP since its been a midweek becasue of police instructions.

Yep, we've not played Leeds at home on a Saturday since my 15th Birthday on 8th Feb 1992, Cantona's debut, 2-0 win vs the Champs elect. The Leeds fans behaviour that day was deplorable. They had the large part of the RRE terrace us the small, when Bernard puts us in front they decided to throw hot beverages at women and kids in our end then pots of piss after that. After the game they went on the rampage. Every time we've played them at BP since its been a midweek becasue of police instructions.

I still remember that game and if am right the following season we where live on TV drew 1-1 Darren Beckford levelled the score.

the following season we where live on TV drew 1-1 Darren Beckford levelled the score.

think that was the season after that (93/94), 91/92 was the 2-0 win...Andy Barlow with the 2nd wasn't it? (on the end of a sweeping counter attack)

Edited by lookers87

I still remember that game and if am right the following season we where live on TV drew 1-1 Darren Beckford levelled the score.

Yep 91/92 was the 2-0 win, the season after was the famous "2-0 up and yer 'messed' it up", with Olney banging in two in the last five minutes after Cantona bagged a brace. The 1-1 during 93/94 on Sky was played in a mudbath indeed on a Monday night. The bear levelled Gary Mac's early free-kick, Sharp missed with probably the poorest penalty I have ever seen (apart from Allott's at Scunny or Creaney's vs Wolves) and 'The Bear' equalised late on.

Edited by oafcprozac