There is a (new?) series on Sky Sports looking at past players in the Premier League and finding out what they are up to these days.

Rick Holden was just featured although I missed most of the interview. Looks like the programme is repeated at 9pm on Sky Sports 1 for those interested.

Guest oa_exile
Did it mention that he was the best crosser of a ball with either foot in the country?

........after the leg-end who was , Jermaine Johnson :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Proper character though, used to see him walking round Springhead with a trilby on.

They used to say that in Chicago upon seeing Al Capone :blink:

The Ricky thing was good – but I had to take issue with his claim that he came back from City a better player. Never in a million years.

Proper character though, used to see him walking round Springhead with a trilby on.

What does he do these days?

He's running his own Physio business in the Isle of Man. Also managing Peel FC but he's totally given up the playing side.

He really is a character and came across as a bt of an oddball!

Did anyone record it and have the technological wizardry to put it on youtube?

Speaking of 'Where Are They Now?', I spoke to David Beharrell's mum this week. He seems to be working in finance nowadays.

There was a piece on him in last week's Chron written by Tony Carss. He's running his own company (business software I think) working out of some Office Space provided by one of our Members.

Sounds like he's quite switched on, has planned well for his future career after football and is therefore doing pretty well.

An old one from the Peel website....

Snow white, Tom Thumb and Quasimodo are walking through the fairground when they come across a tent saying 'Magic Mirror - £1'. 'Great', says Snow White, 'I've got to give this ago. Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?' At this point the magic mirror responds: 'Why, you are Snow White.' Over the moon, she returns outside and tells the others.

On hearing the news, Tom Thumb thinks 'Wow!' and heads inside and says to the mirror 'Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the smallest of them all?' 'Why you are Tom Thumb!' responds the mirror and Tom Thumb returns to his friends beaming with pride.

Upon seeing his friends joy, Quasimodo decides to give it a go and ventures in himself, only to return a minute later in a flood of tears. 'What's the matter with you?' his concerned friends ask. 'Just who the bloody hell is Rick Holden anyway?' bawls Quasi.

:grin: