Help Needed

Im Planning on Walking to The first Match of the season for charity. "So what" I hear you say. well the thing is, Im doing it from The New Den (Millwall, our first opponents) to BP, within the space of 9 days, doing roughly 26 miles a day.

Obviously This will take alot of Planning, and there are various aspects Im looking for help on.

firstly, Im getting some T shirts printed, and am looking to have them emblazened with sponsors. do you know of anybody, or any company willing to pay to have their logo on the shirt?

Secondly, Does anybody know of a T shirt printing firm who will do this for free (ill put their logo on the shirt)

Any help is much appreciated

Phill

try down tibb street and oldham street in manchester phill theres a few t shirt printing places there ??

oh and find out where any youth hostels are you can keep your accomodation costs down maybe see if you can get ahire company to lend you a van/minibus for a support vehicle also see if milwall are willing to put someone up to walk with you ???????

Edited by peanuts

Aye, and watch him get stabbed then mugged, then stabbed again yards out of Bermondsey.

:grin:

Ive already got someone walking wth me, and Ive also got free accomodation from Premier Travel Inn, which is good of them. So no need to worry about that.

If you post up your planned route then there will probably be fans who would be able to tag along at different parts of the way, and perhaps re-supply you with bits and pieces to save you having to carry as much? 26 miles is OK in one day bit it's a lot to do several times in a row, you really don't want to be carrying any more than you have to.

Everyone in Bermondsey will be too tired to stab you first thing in the morning. Take care in the Midlands though.

The Route is likely to be:

Friday (day 1) Millwall FC - Watford 24.3 miles

Saturday (day 2) Watford - Hockliffe 24 miles

Sunday (day 3) Hockliffe - Collingtree 25.6 miles

Monday (day 4) Collingtree - Foxton 26.9 miles

Tuesday (day 5)Foxton - Stanton Bardon 24.5 miles

Wednesday (day 6)Stanton Bardon - Allestree 23.8 miles

Thursday (day 7)Allestree - Rowsley 24.8 miles

Friday (day 8) Rowsley - Hayfield 24.7 miles

Saturday (Half day 9) Hayfield - Oldham 16.1 miles

Im planning on Supporting Dr Kershaws

that last ones abit of a barsterd have you seen the climb out of hayfield ?

i go over there everyday

are you calling at football grounds on the way phill ?

that last ones abit of a barsterd have you seen the climb out of hayfield ?

i go over there everyday

are you calling at football grounds on the way phill ?

no peanut, its just a straight walk. tbh havent got time to call at any grounds. Not bothered about any climbs and what not. thats all part of the challenge. I might be on the hunt for a support driver if anyone fancies a week of pub lunches, beer gardens, and the odd phone call playing taxi man?

Im Planning on Walking to The first Match of the season for charity. "So what" I hear you say. well the thing is, Im doing it from The New Den (Millwall, our first opponents) to BP, within the space of 9 days, doing roughly 26 miles a day.

Obviously This will take alot of Planning, and there are various aspects Im looking for help on.

firstly, Im getting some T shirts printed, and am looking to have them emblazened with sponsors. do you know of anybody, or any company willing to pay to have their logo on the shirt?

Secondly, Does anybody know of a T shirt printing firm who will do this for free (ill put their logo on the shirt)

Any help is much appreciated

Phill

we should all get involved!!

This could be something Sky Sports News could run.

"It may be 16 days until the new Premier League season, but the Football League kicks off in just 9 days time! And one fan has already set off for the first match..."

Then at the end they could give a website for people to make donations.

I work near Stanton under Bardon, I am guessing you will pass within a couple of hundred yards - let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I'll be driving through Hayfield at about 9.15am (or could be earlier if necessary), but need to be in Oldham by 10.00am (ish). Let me know Phil if you want anything collecting to lighten your load and take to Oldham.

I'll be driving through Hayfield at about 9.15am (or could be earlier if necessary), but need to be in Oldham by 10.00am (ish). Let me know Phil if you want anything collecting to lighten your load and take to Oldham.

Sky sports news May well be interested in this, Might just get in touch with them. Cheers for the offer Diego, But Hopefully i will have confirmed a support driver by then, and they will have all the bags etc.

Sky sports news May well be interested in this, Might just get in touch with them. Cheers for the offer Diego, But Hopefully i will have confirmed a support driver by then, and they will have all the bags etc.

I know one of the presenters on 5 Live Phil, can put you in touch if you like.