Latics take Israeli ’keeper on trial

by MICHAEL YARWOOD

ATHLETIC will make checks on a goalkeeper from Israel when the pre-season build-up begins in less than two weeks.

Ran Kadosh is set to train with John Sheridan’s squad and may also be given some match action during the club’s run of friendlies.

Athletic already have two senior ’keepers on their books as Mark Crossley agreed a new one-year deal and Greg Fleming recently arrived from Gretna, signing until 2011.

The pair are expected battle it out for the number-one spot, but Kadosh is hoping for a break into English football after Athletic agreed to take him on trial.

He currently plays for Sektzya Ness Ziona, a club who have reached the highest level in Israel but are now outside the top division.

Athletic’s first friendly is a private match against Belgian team Cercle Bruges, followed by a trip to Grimsby on Saturday, July 19.

The new away kit — a ‘fluo yellow’ design which replaces last season’s tangerine — will go on sale at the club shop next Tuesday.

The strip was chosen by supporters in a survey carried out on Athletic’s website.

by MICHAEL YARWOOD

ATHLETIC will make checks on a goalkeeper from Israel when the pre-season build-up begins in less than two weeks.

Ran Kadosh is set to train with John Sheridan’s squad and may also be given some match action during the club’s run of friendlies.

Athletic already have two senior ’keepers on their books as Mark Crossley agreed a new one-year deal and Greg Fleming recently arrived from Gretna, signing until 2011.

The pair are expected battle it out for the number-one spot, but Kadosh is hoping for a break into English football after Athletic agreed to take him on trial.

He currently plays for Sektzya Ness Ziona, a club who have reached the highest level in Israel but are now outside the top division.

Athletic’s first friendly is a private match against Belgian team Cercle Bruges, followed by a trip to Grimsby on Saturday, July 19.

The new away kit — a ‘fluo yellow’ design which replaces last season’s tangerine — will go on sale at the club shop next Tuesday.

The strip was chosen by supporters in a survey carried out on Athletic’s website.

Is this a joke name do you think?

Rank a Dosh

Also, his surname is the sound that the drummer makes after a joke - Kadosh

Is this a joke name do you think?

Rank a Dosh

Also, his surname is the sound that the drummer makes after a joke - Kadosh

Sounds like something you'll hear at Kittymans.

BRRRRAAAAAP! WATCH ME NOW!

:grin:

i read the story in the original post after reading about how our game against Hereford will probably get moved cos it clashes with England v Kazakhstan,and i've had Throw The Jew Down The Well from Borat stuck in my head ever since.

Very good point.

Unless he holds citizenship of an EU member state, this seems like a non-starter to me.

(e.g. Chelsea's Ben Sahar's mother is Polish, and he has a Polish passport)

Well, I think even if we take him on trial, he needs a work permit for that trial, so I'm guessing he'll already have one or just sorted it out.

Well, I think even if we take him on trial, he needs a work permit for that trial, so I'm guessing he'll already have one or just sorted it out.

Surely not.

"Purpose of visit?"

"Holiday"

"Not going to catch any crosses on a wonky lop-sided pitch, while a big chap with a bandaged thigh looks on are you?"

"No Sir"

"Pass through."

i read the story in the original post after reading about how our game against Hereford will probably get moved cos it clashes with England v Kazakhstan,and i've had Throw The Jew Down The Well from Borat stuck in my head ever since.

I got the strangest response to admitting in work that I'd had that song going through my head for days after I first heard it. Anyone who sees it would know that it's laughing at the rednecks in the bar, and indeed is the work of an ultra-Orthodox Jew, but my then boss, Mr Ezra, didn't see it like that.

• 1 month later...
he palyed first half against rhyl

sounded like a dog and i aint joking !

Yep, I saw him at Rhyl and he must have been hoarse after his half.. he looked OK, confident, came off his line well and had the lunacy you want to see from a goalie but I bet that he wasn't much in front of Josh Bell. If he had been 6ft 6" then he would have been taken on.

I got the strangest response to admitting in work that I'd had that song going through my head for days after I first heard it. Anyone who sees it would know that it's laughing at the rednecks in the bar, and indeed is the work of an ultra-Orthodox Jew, but my then boss, Mr Ezra, didn't see it like that.

SBC is hardly ultra-Orthodox...however the song is very funny, even if the rednecks' enjoyment of it is rather disconcerting...