What are you listening to at this moment?

Twisted Wheel's album.

They're playing at Preston (my uni) soon, but it'd sold out before I could get tickets. Apparently they're on up at Uppermill in some church - anyone know about that? I'd had a beer when my mate was telling me so I can't fully recall what was said...

Editors new ablum.

Now, I know not many like them to start with, but their first two albums I really enjoyed, this new one is just dreadful!

And I'm seeing them tonight... I hope to god they don't play anything from it or the atmosphere will just drop.

Editors new ablum.

Now, I know not many like them to start with, but their first two albums I really enjoyed, this new one is just dreadful!

And I'm seeing them tonight... I hope to god they don't play anything from it or the atmosphere will just drop.

Worse time to watch a band is when they've just released a new album imo. I saw the Arctic Monkeys just after their third album, which at the time i didn't like, and half the set was from Humbug. Shame really cos I love it now.

Worse time to watch a band is when they've just released a new album imo. I saw the Arctic Monkeys just after their third album, which at the time i didn't like, and half the set was from Humbug. Shame really cos I love it now.

nah...love seeing a band playing new or as yet unreleased stuff..they aren't playing safe which proves they are their own people-not the record companies money making machine.

jimi hendrix was a great example...got sick of playing purple haze, hey joe etc etc every night and thought "f*ck you!" when the crowds started to boo him for not playing the hits...and because he didn't smash up a guitar amp or set his guitar on fire anymore, crowds were telling him to "go back home" in england!

now thats fickle!

I love seeing bands when they're doing new stuff from a musical point of view but it can kill an atmosphere which is a shame.

Last night the Editors were fantastic, but a perfect example of the above - the new stuff, which even live really is woeful, killing the gig whenever it was played.

I love seeing bands when they're doing new stuff from a musical point of view but it can kill an atmosphere which is a shame.

Last night the Editors were fantastic, but a perfect example of the above - the new stuff, which even live really is woeful, killing the gig whenever it was played.

Not just me that hates their new album then.. apart from the single, which I'm not even going to bother trying to spell!

Fingers in the Factories and Fall are my favourite Editors songs.

Love Metallica - have to say though i do like that! good call

I like Metallica but I'm not a die hard fan and given I like Justice as well I thought it was a pretty good mix of the two. If you have a look on the related videos I think Pendulum do a version as well which is pretty good.

EDIT: Slightly better link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYxcxmohk9o...feature=related

Edited by rudemedic

I like Metallica but I'm not a die hard fan and given I like Justice as well I thought it was a pretty good mix of the two. If you have a look on the related videos I think Pendulum do a version as well which is pretty good.

EDIT: Slightly better link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYxcxmohk9o...feature=related

Thanks for both versions there Rude, i'm not keen on the pendulum though - I haven't heard much Justice, but am going to give them a whirl i think on the back of that cover :chubb:

Thanks for both versions there Rude, i'm not keen on the pendulum though - I haven't heard much Justice, but am going to give them a whirl i think on the back of that cover :chubb:

There most famous song is probably the one they did with Simian Mobile Disco- we are your friends. Very good song from a couple of years ago (and famously :censored: Kanye West off- always a good thing at some award ceremony).

saw the hot rats(supergrass) in brighton sat night..bloody excellent...

mostly all covers of their fave tunes,but with their interpretation of it and plenty of supergrass fun chucked in!

highlights where:

doors-the crystal ship

bowie-queen bitch

cure-love cats

the beat-mirror in the bathroom

elvis costello-pump it up

gang of four-damaged goods

sex pistols -emi (dedicated to emi cause "we've dropped em now!"

seems we were lucky in seeing the last uk gig of this tour,and possibly ever.

hot rats link here with some tunes to digest..

http://www.thehotrats.com/

this could be one for you rummy...

listening to the new album by "ytre rymden dansskola" ..(roughly translated from norwegian as "outer space dance"

dreamy electro..very cool and chilled.

nothing on youtube,but here is a tune by one half of this duo...exactly the same feel as the album really..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyHEqu7STcg