What are you listening to at this moment?

<!--quoteo(post=435755:date=Oct 19 2010, 09:46 AM:name=opinions4u)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (opinions4u @ Oct 19 2010, 09:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=435755"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Bruce Hornsby.

The Way It Is.

Tremendous.

<a href="

target="_blank">

The soundtrack to Bob Wilson reading out the football league tables right at the end of Grandstand/Final Score in the late 80's.

Halcyon.

Good memories!

Bought one of those old style CD things the other day.

Jon Allen / Sweat Defeat.

Bit like a mix between Rod Stewart and David Gray, with a bit of early Eagles thrown in occasionally. Or Ryan Adams (not Bryan) without being totally depressing!

Wasting Light - Foo Fighters

and today discovered drummer Taylor Hawkins' spin off band Taylor Hawkins and the Coattrail Riders, great album very retro…

link

Obviously not as 'wind-swept' and interesting as you lot…but hey ho……….

Is that the latest Foos single? I don't actually own a Foo Fighters record but I've heard all the singles and they're all excellent. I ought to listen to some album tracks.

Is that the latest Foos single? I don't actually own a Foo Fighters record but I've heard all the singles and they're all excellent. I ought to listen to some album tracks.

No, Wasting Light's the album, current single is Walk

I recommend Dear Rosemary, Miss the MIsery and I should have known off the album

Last Album Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace wasn't a patch on In your honor

Edited by oafcprozac

No, Wasting Light's the album, current single is Walk

I recommend Dear Rosemary, Miss the MIsery and I should have known off the album

Last Album wasn't a patch on In your honor

Got most of the main tracks, and their last three albums but bought their entire back catalogue for less than £25 on Amazon...

Edited by oafcprozac

Got most of the main tracks, and their last three albums but bought their entire back catalogue for less than £25 on Amazon...

Top live band even if their music doesnt do much for me. They are probably up there with the best i've seen live.

Monkey Wrench, The Last Song, Times Like These and Learn to Fly are probably the only songs I really like.

Edited by Butter

I'm Currently listening to:

Milk Kan - Check out God with an Ipod

Frank Turner's new record - Not on the new record but check out Thatcher F***** the kids

The King Blues - Back catalogue.

Treme soundtrack - I feel like Funkin' it up

Top live band even if their music doesnt do much for me. They are probably up there with the best i've seen live.

Monkey Wrench, The Last Song, Times Like These and Learn to Fly are probably the only songs I really like.

What about Everlong and All My Life?

I saw them live about ten years ago and thought they were utter :censored:e. Obviously caught them on a bad day.

I saw them live about ten years ago and thought they were utter :censored:e. Obviously caught them on a bad day.

I saw them at Leeds fest in 2005, they were good. I feel their music overall is a little over rated. But meh.

I saw them at Leeds fest in 2005, they were good. I feel their music overall is a little over rated. But meh.

The Futureheads absolutely rocked my cock off that weekend.

Ahh, that was a great festival. #nostalgia

The Futureheads absolutely rocked my cock off that weekend.

Ahh, that was a great festival. #nostalgia

The line up was top that year wasnt it. I'd just passed my A Levels. Long time ago!

#notjustmewhoendsapostwithhashtags haha

Edited by Butter

Or Ryan Adams (not Bryan) without being totally depressing!

Haha, I'm seeing Ryan Adams at the Bridgewater Hall on Thursday. We've got pretty good seats so really looking forward to it. Apparently he gets annoyed with people requesting Summer of 69!!

I'm Currently listening to:

Milk Kan - Check out God with an Ipod

Frank Turner's new record - Not on the new record but check out Thatcher F***** the kids

The King Blues - Back catalogue.

Treme soundtrack - I feel like Funkin' it up

Frank Turner's new album is great - I like the one about there being no god.

Also listening to the Gaslight Anthem a lot - their last album came out around a year ago and is still in my CD player.

Shanks' mid-term 2011 music report (Part 1):

Band / Song: Smith Westerns // Weekend (Taken from their 'Dye It Blonde' LP)

In a nutshell: Druggy late-era Beatles-esque, with hooks that slay you.

Band / Song: La Sera // Never Come Around (Taken from their 'La Sera' LP)

In a nutshell: 'Be My Baby' classic drum intro followed by Raveonettes-like garage rock. AMAZING video too by the Vivian Girls' bass player's side project.

Shanks' mid-term 2011 music report (Part 2):

Band / Song: Papercuts // Do You Really Wanna Know (Taken from their 'Fading Parade' LP)

In a nutshell: Like a scaled-down Arcade Fire. Gradually building crescendos and outstanding echoey vocals

Band / Song: Kurt Vile // Jesus Fever (Taken from his 'Smoke Ring For My Halo' LP)

In a nutshell: Mellow lo-fi in a Dinosaur Jr / Sebadoh / Pavement vibe. Makes you want to whack a truckers cap on and go on a long road trip across the midwest of America.

Shanks' mid-term 2011 music report (Part 3):

Band / Song: Low // Try To Sleep (Taken from their 'Cmon' LP)

In a nutshell: Beautiful boy/girl pitch-perfect harmonies from this long-lasting US indie band.

Band / Song: Wye Oak // Civilian (Taken from their 'Civilian' LP)

In a nutshell: Not just The Wire that's great and comes from Baltimore. Sort of a cross between PJ Harvey and Beth Orton. See also, Beach House from Baltimore too and was my LP of the year in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2VNG8yMI8w

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>