What are you listening to at this moment?

Yup, that was quality. Really good setting but my wife is pretty short so we stayed at the back so she had a chance of seeing anything so it took a bit away from the experience for me.

Loved Daughter before them too but wasn't so keen on Polica.

Not so keen on the arrangements at Jodrell either, we were herded out of one exit and it was borderline dangerous then when we got to the car park the stewards were just stood around as it became a bit of a free for all in the pitch dark.

Even though you didn't ask for it:

My favourite Sigur Ros gigs of 2013

Brighton Centre - 21st November

Manchester Apollo - 3rd March

Brixton Academy - 8th March

Jodrell Bank - 30th August

Wembley Arena - 22nd November

Yup, that was quality. Really good setting but my wife is pretty short so we stayed at the back so she had a chance of seeing anything so it took a bit away from the experience for me.

Loved Daughter before them too but wasn't so keen on Polica.

Not so keen on the arrangements at Jodrell either, we were herded out of one exit and it was borderline dangerous then when we got to the car park the stewards were just stood around as it became a bit of a free for all in the pitch dark.

Even though you didn't ask for it:

My favourite Sigur Ros gigs of 2013

Brighton Centre - 21st November

Manchester Apollo - 3rd March

Brixton Academy - 8th March

Jodrell Bank - 30th August

Wembley Arena - 22nd November

Christ that's impressive... we stood about half way too, as we knew about the show in the dish and what not, and if you're too close that's masked by the stage backing.

I saw them in Brixton too, missed Wembley this week passed as I was already going to three gigs in 7 days (Vampire Weekend, The National and Reef).

Daughter are amazing, been listening to them for a while and was ecstatic when I found out they were the support. They were amazing and we were right at the front for that... then went off and had a play in the science bit and by chance were stood right next to the dish when they moved it to half way round ahead of the gig... the nerd in me lost my :censored: at that point, Sugur Ros could have been no shows and I'd have still said it was the best gig ever!!

I refuse to go and see Sigur Ros live after seeing them back in y2k. I cannot run the risk of them not being as mindboggling as they were way back then. That, coupled with my propensity for gig-rage these days, means the chances of this are too high.

400-2162.jpg

That sir is one mighty impressive ticket stub.

I can assure you however that both Godspeed and Sigur Ros are still absolutely mindbogglingly awesome live. In some ways the experience is better, even though both have to play bigger venues their visual displays really add to the experience

In hindsight, I kind-of want to say that Sigur Ros were better than Godspeed that night, but I was very into Godspeed at the time. I think I saw A Silver Mt Zion at the beginning of the following year at the old Bierkeller too and they were bobbins in comparison.

I still love music but I think as I get older, the live experience leaves me cold nearly every time. Went to see these guys a few weeks ago and wanted to kill everybody there.

Edited by DTM

I saw ASMZ a few years ago just after Kollaps Tradixionales came out at one of the small academy venues, they were quality!

I do know what you mean about the live experience, most of the time I see an act I like has announced a tour and get really excited, get up and f5 till the tickets are on sale, press the confirm button and then the creeping dread hits me that I have to go to the concert.

With other people. People who talk through the show, barge past you, stand in front of you or expect you to let them, I'm 6ft mate, I got here in time to get a good spot now :censored: off and deal with the consequences of getting here late. Going to the bar every 20 minutes, the bar being understaffed and only having a choice of generic pissy lager or awful bitter and they have to serve it with the lid open so you don't throw it at anyone. Like I'm got to throw nearly £5 a pint worth of beer away, do I look like a yob? A rich yob? I just want to be able to put it in my pocket so I don't have to fight my way back through a crowd and have the joy of queuing up for your :censored:y choice of drinks again.

I've tried seats but you are usually so far away that you see the drummer's hand come down, wait a minute and then you get a boom, as he hits the drums.

I need to discover oil under my lawn and become the Shah of Bury and get acts to come and perform for me.

Your anger level on this subject pleases me. I've come to the realisation that any gig I have to buy a ticket for is a red flag. Under six quid on the door in the back room of a real ale pub is more for me.

Going to a gig later at the Castle. Half of Old Tom and a 60 'capacity' room to contend with, heaven!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swdPvY1-yA

One earphone in all night listening to Latics Player, of course.